Windows 10: VHDX Auto Mount at Startup

Discus and support VHDX Auto Mount at Startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm having trouble getting a VHDX to auto mount at startup. I'm using the guide found here, but it's not working. When I paste the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/grape8pe, Apr 22, 2020.

1. VHDX Auto Mount at Startup

/u/grape8pe, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10  

Good idea David. I added a tip for this under step 9 for any others that may want to delay this task.

Brink, Apr 22, 2020
  3. DavidY Win User
    Create Elevated Task to Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup

I've been doing a slightly older version of this for years with Bitlocker-encrypted VHDs.
    As mentioned, it does prompt for a Bitlocker password on startup, but it is possible to miss the prompt.
    If that happens, I right-click the drive in File Explorer and select the option to Unlock Drive.
    I've also found that adding a slight delay to the auto-mount task (one of the options on the screenshot at step 9 above) means that I'm more likely to see the password prompt on my very old laptop.

DavidY, Apr 22, 2020
  4. DavidY Win User

VHDX Auto Mount at Startup

DavidY, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

VHDX Auto Mount at Startup

1. VHDX Auto Mount at Startup - Similar Threads - VHDX Auto Mount

2. I cannot mount VHDX File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot mount VHDX File: I've created an image file with Windows Backup on an external drive. When I right-click on the file and try "Mount", I get "Couldn't mount file" and a long statement about initializing, partitions, etc.Using disk management does not help either. I'm able to attach the file,...
  3. Cannot change drive letter of mounted vhdx

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot change drive letter of mounted vhdx: The option to set a drive letter for a mounted vhdx is disabled. I created the vhdx using the Windows 10 built in Backup and Restore feature. This created the vhdx file on an external drive. I then plugged that external drive into a different Windows 10 machine. From...
  4. Trying to exclude Read-Only Mounted VHD\VHDX drives mounted in a directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to exclude Read-Only Mounted VHD\VHDX drives mounted in a directory: Disks are mounted read-only in C:\FADIA-T\VHDM\folder\0\ I've added exclusions for C:\FADIA-T\VHDM\*\*\*\* Using MPCmdRun.exe -CheckExclusion -path "C:\FADIA-T\VHDM\folder\ Using MPCmdRun.exe -CheckExclusion -path "C:\FADIA-T\VHDM\folder\0 each shows excluded...
  5. How can we mount vhdx disks in the Windows Sandbox?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can we mount vhdx disks in the Windows Sandbox?: I am unable to mount a vhdx inside my sandbox. Doubleclicking the .vhdx file gives me an error popup "Problem beim Bereitstsellen der Datei". The powershell Mount-VHD cmdlet gives me a "The term 'Mount-VHD' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script...
  6. Error in mounting VHDX file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error in mounting VHDX file: Hi, I have Created a VHDX file Ihave stored so many important files in it today when i try to open it is saying Make sure the file is in an NTFS volume and isn't in a compressed folder or volume [IMG] i have seen in properties when i try to unchuck the compress...
  7. Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10: How to: Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10 How to Auto-Mount VHD or VHDX File at Startup in Windows 10 VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) is a file format which represents a virtual hard disk drive (HDD). It may contain what is found on a physical HDD, such as...
  8. Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with Windows auto-mounting drives that shouldn't be mounted: [img] You can see from the image above that random drives get drive letters assigned to them for no reason. In addition to that, I can't even remove the drive letters, unless I use diskpart, but then that doesn't stick between reboots. Any ideas? 41103
  9. Prevent HDD auto-mount

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent HDD auto-mount: Hi, everyone! I've just installed a dual boot system, with two Windows 10 (one for work, one for gaming). I have a single HDD with two NTFS partitions for the two OS. Let's call the two OS Win1 and Win2. Win1 maps his own partition (system partition) as C:, and Win2...
  10. Mount or Unmount VHD or VHDX File in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mount or Unmount VHD or VHDX File in Windows 10: How to: Mount or Unmount VHD or VHDX File in Windows 10 How to Mount or Unmount VHD and VHDX File in Windows 10 VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) is a file format which represents a virtual hard disk drive (HDD). It may contain what is found on a physical HDD, such as disk...