Windows 10: VHS to DVD

Discus and support VHS to DVD in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi! I have several home videos that were previously on VHS. I was able to successfully transfer them all to DVD-R. However, I did not realize in the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Emma Ann, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Emma Ann Win User

VHS to DVD

Hi! I have several home videos that were previously on VHS. I was able to successfully transfer them all to DVD-R. However, I did not realize in the process that DVD-R is in fact different from a regular DVD. My movies work with a DVD-R player but I know these are not common and most of my family members only have a standard player. Because of this, I can't play my transferred movies on a regular DVD player, as it says it is not compatible, nor can it run/recognize on my Windows computer to download. I tried some downloading apps on my computer such as VLC media player, but the discs are una

:)

Emma Ann, Mar 23, 2023
  2. sec2709 Win User

VHS transfer to DVD

After upgrading to Win 10, what and how can I transfer VHS to DVD? Is there a software needed, etc.? Please be specific on your answers.

Thank you.

sec2709, Mar 23, 2023
  3. lse123 Win User
    honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE -- may have old software - only splash sc

what you mean compatibility mode?
    May CD-ROM included having all drivers, how install the right for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit...?

The symptoms I am having[only splash screen appear - not beyond that] is most probably is for old driver???

- - - Updated - - -

Is this for Windows 10
    honestech VHS to DVD Free Download for Windows 10, 7, 8/8.1 (64 bit/32 bit) | QP Download 4.0

compatible with mine 3.0...? I think software is OK but Not sure --- I send them email -- but email is Not delivered/worked...

honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE from ebay

USB 2.0 Video Capture Edit S-VHS & RCA Video DVD to PC Composite VCR Windows 10 5060478370079 | eBay

honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE from ebay

USB 2.0 Video Capture Edit S-VHS & RCA Video DVD to PC Composite VCR Windows 10 5060478370079 | eBay

- - - Updated - - -

Also this -
    honestech VHS to DVD Deluxe 4.0 Download - VHSToDVD.exe
    is compatible??

lse123, Mar 23, 2023
  4. VHS to DVD

Help with Copying DVD's made from Home VHS Tapes

We purchased a VHS/DVD Recorder to convert our old home movies from VHS to DVD. We completed the project in 2014 and now family members want copies of the disc and I would like to be able to edit them and make copies for them to have since the old VHS tapes
    from the 80's are falling apart.

I have Windows 10 and know they do not support this any longer so I am asking, as a 66 year old grandmother, what is the best software that I can purchase that will allow me to copy the DVD to my computer, edit the grainy areas out and then make a duplicate
    of the DVD for my family members. I have searched, as the Microsoft Virtual Assistant has told me to do to find a program but frankly, they all look too complicated. I don't need anything that will make a big production, just copy over the already burned
    DVDs, edit them and then burn a new one for my 2 daughters and their families.

I have read some of the suggestions from older posts for free software but my antivirus always warns me that there is a virus or malware attached to them.

I am willing to pay to get the software, hopefully around $30 - $50 but do need something that is easy to do and that will meet my needs and easy to understand.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. My sister lost her son and I have DVDs of him when he was young and she would like to have one for her own and right now, the VHS tape that is was on is destroyed from heat and being 30 years old.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Darlene1121, Mar 23, 2023
Thema:

VHS to DVD

1. VHS to DVD - Similar Threads - VHS DVD

2. Honestech VHS to DVD 7.0 Deluxe

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Honestech VHS to DVD 7.0 Deluxe: I have tried unsuccessfully to register VHS to DVD 7.0 Deluxe. It will not work, and keeps appearing on computer screen, "This needs Internet connection"My computer IS CONNECTED by Cable and WiFi!How do I get rid of this annoying screen to register my product?...
  3. Honestech VHS to DVD 7.0 Deluxe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Honestech VHS to DVD 7.0 Deluxe: I have tried unsuccessfully to register VHS to DVD 7.0 Deluxe. It will not work, and keeps appearing on computer screen, "This needs Internet connection"My computer IS CONNECTED by Cable and WiFi!How do I get rid of this annoying screen to register my product?...
  4. Honestech VHS to DVD 7.0 Deluxe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. VHS to DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VHS to DVD: Hi! I have several home videos that were previously on VHS. I was able to successfully transfer them all to DVD-R. However, I did not realize in the process that DVD-R is in fact different from a regular DVD. My movies work with a DVD-R player but I know these are not common...
  6. VHS to DVD

VHS to DVD: Hi! I have several home videos that were previously on VHS. I was able to successfully transfer them all to DVD-R. However, I did not realize in the process that DVD-R is in fact different from a regular DVD. My movies work with a DVD-R player but I know these are not common...
  7. Honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE sound and vision synch problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE sound and vision synch problems: My windows 10 version is 2004 Build 19041.867 I have just started using this software to save recordings from a hard drive to DVD -R discs. When playing back the DVDs I noticed that the sound is not in synch with the visual. the sound is actually a few seconds behind. In...
  8. honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE -- may have old software - only splash sc

honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE -- may have old software - only splash sc: Trying adapter vhs to dvd --- honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE -- may have old software - only splash screen honestech VHS to DVD 3.0 SE from ebay USB 2.0 Video Capture Edit S-VHS & RCA Video DVD to PC Composite VCR Windows 10 5060478370079 | eBay after Installed software,...
  9. W10pro - 1904 error - Roxio Easy VHS to DVD Plus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10pro - 1904 error - Roxio Easy VHS to DVD Plus: Roxio Easy VHS to DVD Plus worked fine after the initial install this morning.... and then i had a "kernel system check failure" bsod approximately 4 hours after installing and trying out the program to try and make a Christmas gift for some family members. ive never had a...
  10. transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10: I keep getting the message try another device tried three different usb cables still get this message c an you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-vhs-tape-to-dvd-windows-10/1c900507-fbbe-4069-844f-02de0629dca3