Windows 10: VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers!

Discus and support VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; VIA Audio has updated their drivers as of 8/18/2015. They previously did not have any released for Windows 10 yet, these solved some problems I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kevzombie, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Kevzombie Win User

VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers!

VIA Audio has updated their drivers as of 8/18/2015. They previously did not have any released for Windows 10 yet, these solved some problems I was having with VT 2021 codec!

VIA Vinyl Audio - VIA Technologies, Inc.

:)

Kevzombie, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Igor_D87 Win User

VIA HD Audio No more in the Windows update

Hello. Recently, at the WIndows update center, the driver for the built-in VIA HD Audio has disappeared. (Windows 10 Version 1709 Build 16299). The VIA website no longer has the ability to download a driver for embedded sound cards.The drivers on manufacturer's
    website is very old. Earlier Windows 10 always upload and update drivers from WIndows update center for VIA HD Audio. Now there is no.

Igor_D87, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Microphone not working since I updated to Windows 10

ASUS Vivobook Ultrabook windows 10 problem with VIA HD Audio drivers.

My microphone has not worked since I updated to Windows 10 the end of July 2015. By the sound of it , it is a driver problem with VIA HD Audio?

Any help is appreciated.

BB

BerkleyBender, Aug 18, 2015
  4. VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers!

Hmm... As I mentioned elsewhere, even though my Asus laptop is running the latest Win10 drivers (see pic)-

VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers! [​IMG]

I still get the 3-note chime notification (think USB being plugged and unplugged) at random times and especially heavy when gaming. Event log isn't helping. Just says audio is still a problem-

Checking "Sounds" in Windows 10 says "Audio Enhancements" need to be turned off. Even though Windows 10 turned them off there are still audio problems as the event log (above) continues to grow with the same message.

Hmm...

CompuCottage, Aug 22, 2015
  5. Installed OK, VIA HD Audio Deck in Control Panel won't open? Nothing happens when I click it. Same deal for HD Deck in the start menu? Nothing happens when I click it? I have sound though. I had to switch the default device to Speakers, but I have sound. I had the same issue with the driver Windows update installed. I got the "Audio Enhancements need to be turned off" message too. The onboard VIA Audio has been my one big PITA on this motherboard.

alphanumeric, Aug 23, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    Just an idea here.

AV and other security programs often have a gaming or full screen mode to disable notifications. This has been known to cause problems. A way round this is to entirely disable the gaming full screen mode and then reconfigure the notification types manually.

Although I've referred to security products it is also possible other programs could cause similar problems. Might be something for you to explore.

WhyMe, Aug 23, 2015
  7. Already had to uninstall Avast anti-virus (even after the Avast Windows 10 engine upgrade) because it left me with a spinning wait circle next to my mouse cursor every second or so. Turned on Windows Defender instead. I posted the Event log screen above that states it's an audio issue that I didn't have before the upgrade when I was running Win 8.1 fully patched.

Again, hmm...

CompuCottage, Aug 23, 2015
  8. VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers!

Run it in compability mode, troubleshooter and it runs ok.

timbulimbu, Aug 23, 2015
  9. OK, so it's a Windows 10 utility that doesn't actually run in Windows 10? I'll play around with it latter, thanks.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers!

1. VIA Audio has updated their audio drivers! - Similar Threads - VIA Audio has

2. VIA audio drivers don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIA audio drivers don't work: no matter what i do the specified audio drivers for my h61m-hvs motherboard don't seem to work. it used to work earlier ,but since formatting my SSD, I can't make the audio drivers work for my pc. I tried reinstalling and updating them they don't work, I've tried to download...
  3. VIA audio drivers don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VIA audio drivers don't work: no matter what i do the specified audio drivers for my h61m-hvs motherboard don't seem to work. it used to work earlier ,but since formatting my SSD, I can't make the audio drivers work for my pc. I tried reinstalling and updating them they don't work, I've tried to download...
  4. VIA audio drivers don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Since audio driver update, no audio output

Since audio driver update, no audio output: Windows 10 Home 1909 LG Gram 14Z990 I updated the Sound device drivers, and ever since that I have no audio output. Even external speakers are not working. Tried all of these: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems [ATTACH]...
  6. Realtek audio driver update via Windows Update failed to install

Realtek audio driver update via Windows Update failed to install: So what began with my laptop's fan going berserk and then it being locked up by 100% Disk Usage finally resulted in me finding out WU was trying to install the following: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. -MEDIA- 10/16/2018 - 6.0.1.8555 (Failed to install 0x800705b4) Which it had...
  7. Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.

Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.: My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In Windows 8.1 I could manually...
  8. via audio driver wont install correctly

via audio driver wont install correctly: trying to install drivers for via audio chip VT2021. tried drivers from their website and from the motherboards gigabyte site. windows 10 install standard drivers with no controls. so Im trying to install the drivers from via and gigabyte and for some reason the...
  9. VIA Audio driver FIX

VIA Audio driver FIX: Hi there From the insider forum Cliff S (Thanks) referred to this Fix seems to work finally for me ....(from the site) Open Playback Devices Right-click the output device (in my case, "Speakers") and set as Default Device. Select the device, and click on the...
  10. Via HD audio drivers not working for microphone

Via HD audio drivers not working for microphone: I installed windows 10 for my Asus laptop(which was running windows 8.1 pro and the mic worked perfectly) , and the microphone just doesn't work. I tried to install the latest win 10 drivers for Via, and that didn't help. Are there any fixes for this problem, or am I just out...