Windows 10: VIA HD Audio microphone not working

Discus and support VIA HD Audio microphone not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, after fruitless attempts at fixing the issue using other people threads I've decided to create my own. I'm one of those unlucky to be bugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Madmentat, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Madmentat Win User

VIA HD Audio microphone not working

So, after fruitless attempts at fixing the issue using other people threads I've decided to create my own.

I'm one of those unlucky to be bugged by sound issues after an upgrade to Win10 from Win7.
    My Siberia v2 headset microphone doesn't work.

What I've tried:

1) Updating the VIA HD drivers, including the latest pack for Win10 (the one that marks your devices with (Win10)).
    2) Lowering (and increasing) the bits and sampling rate
    3) Installing the older drivers in compatibility mode. The one for Win7 gave me a blue screen and failed to install, Win 8.1 drivers made no difference, mic still didn't work.
    4) Installing the generic Windows high definition audio device drivers. No difference.

The new driver pack from VIA still fails to set the correct device as default, enabling 'Headset' from the front panel which isn't even connected inside. Now, the 'speakers' option enables the audio playback, but microphone is still unresponsive. It behaves strangely, sometimes the volume indicator seems to be picking up noises, but it lasts only for a few moments after which there's nothing. Obviously, I've checked the micro on another PC and it works fine.

:)

Madmentat, Aug 30, 2015

2. via hd audio Sound is working, but not the microphone

via hd audio Sound is working, but not the microphone

akisionios, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Problem with USB Microphone please fix. Win. 10

I have problem with USB Microphone, this is only microphone which is working on my PC, I use VIA HD Audio Driver. Please help me.

MarcelMarkiewicz1, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Madmentat Win User

UPDATE: for everyone interested/sharing similar problems - it fixed itself today with me doing absolutely nothing about it. All the drivers are the same version (newest one), I didn't even receive any new windows updates after the 29.08. So whatever it is - it was in that last cumulative update for Windows or maybe even in update for some other device.

Madmentat, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

1. VIA HD Audio microphone not working - Similar Threads - VIA Audio microphone

2. Realtek HD Audio not WORKING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD Audio not WORKING: ok. I have been working on this for about 6 hours. Realtek Drivers will not install. They install but do absolutely nothing. I have tried many different sources thinking I just installed the wrong one. Realtek does not show up in my Device Manager. NONE of my inputs or...
  3. Realtek HD Audio not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio not working: So I was playing GTA 5 and then I shut the flap of my laptop and didn't shut it down but just put it to sleep. After a while, I opened it again and there was no sound. I checked the Playback devices and it only said Speakers(7.1 Surround Sound) and the Realtek audio wasn't...
  4. HD Audio Controller not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HD Audio Controller not working: This morning I went to use my laptop and I discovered that the HD Audio Controller isn't working. After some digging, I think it's a driver issue but I have no idea how to fix it. submitted by /u/interimeclipse [link] [comments]...
  5. Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working

Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working: I'm going around in circles on this one. I just upgraded my ASUS Laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 10 X64. (It has Via HD Audio) Initially, sound worked but the microphone didn't. I fussed with many settings but nothing seemed to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  6. Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones

Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones: Hello all! I've just upgraded to Windows 10, and despite all the cool and fun stuff I got with the upgrade, I am quite disappointed that I cannot use my headphones on the notebook. The speakers function properly, but my headphones are producing an awkward sound. I will try...
  7. Via HD audio drivers not working for microphone

Via HD audio drivers not working for microphone: I installed windows 10 for my Asus laptop(which was running windows 8.1 pro and the mic worked perfectly) , and the microphone just doesn't work. I tried to install the latest win 10 drivers for Via, and that didn't help. Are there any fixes for this problem, or am I just out...
  8. Via HD Audio not working - Searched for forums already

Via HD Audio not working - Searched for forums already: Hi, I've searched the forums here and elsewhere to fix this problem. I have tried restarting my laptop, restarting the audio in services.msc, changing the max memory under boot in msconfig.exe, changing the bit rate from 24-bit to 16-bit (can't because the dropdown box is...
  9. VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130

VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130: Since the installation yesterday of 10130 the audio has stopped working. Have tried installing new drivers, deactivating and reactivating but nothing seems to fix it. The system claims that everything is working properly but it sure does not. When I try to use the test tone...
  10. VIA HD Audio Not Working After Anniversary Update

VIA HD Audio Not Working After Anniversary Update: [img] What Should I do ? Please Help Me.. VDeck is Important for EQ *Sad *Sad 58824