Windows 10: VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130

Discus and support VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the installation yesterday of 10130 the audio has stopped working. Have tried installing new drivers, deactivating and reactivating but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by salicaceae, May 30, 2015.

1. VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130

Since the installation yesterday of 10130 the audio has stopped working. Have tried installing new drivers, deactivating and reactivating but nothing seems to fix it. The system claims that everything is working properly but it sure does not. When I try to use the test tone in the tab where I can see speakers, headphones and my TV (HDMI device) it just say that it couldn't be done. However, when connected to the TV with the HDMI cable everything works as it should and I do get sound.

Anyone having the same problems or a solution? I am totally clueless :S

:)

salicaceae, May 30, 2015

2. Problem with Realtek Audio Driver

Hi,

I made a clean installation of Windows 10, and when I install the driver of my audio controller, I like Via HD detects when a Realtek.

VIA HD remove the driver, install the Realtek driver and reboot the PC and the driver reapplies VIA HD.

With the VIA HD driver, the audio is not working properly, it does not detect the change from speakerphone to handset, etc.

VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130 [​IMG]

Jose ManuelMurillo Martínez, May 30, 2015
  3. maya88813 Win User
    No sound after update to Windows 10

Uninstalled VIA HD audio and sound is working now. Thank you

Monday am: Sound worked fine last night, this morning I have no sound again after I turned laptop on. What is going on, I wish I never bothered upgrading to W10, I was happy with windows 9.

Following this it is working again:

How to fix sound drivers issues on Windows 10 Build 10130 - MSPoweruser

But for me being dummy when it comes to computer this not a pleasant experience. Now I am worried what else is not going to work :-(

maya88813, May 30, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130

For some reason they messed this up and for now (at least) you need to lower the default format same rates for sound to work (its not as good quality but liveable for now).

To do this:

• right click on the volume iron in system tray
    • click on playback devices
    • on the list that appears click the speakers for your sound device
    • click the properties button
    • go to advanced
    • in the drop down box select 16 bit, 96000 Hz (studio), use test button if you wish

This should bring sound back for you.

When this issue gets fixed you cab press restore defaults and you'l have good sound again.

swarfega, May 30, 2015
  5. Worked like a charm! Thank you so very much! *Smile

salicaceae, May 30, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Glad to have helped *Biggrin

swarfega, May 31, 2015
  7. crkr47 Win User
    Worked for me as well! Thanks so much!

crkr47, May 31, 2015
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Thanks
    Worked -

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 31, 2015
  9. anamoh Win User
    Worked for me as well. Thank you so much

anamoh, Jun 3, 2015
  10. This worked for me too but i am still not getting my full 5.1 surround audio which is the setup I have. I have a kick a$$ 5.1 surround speaker setup for my pc but I cant get my sound card to work properly under the most recent build of 10166 even though Ive installed newer drivers, etc.

Matt Siegel, Jul 14, 2015
  11. bearcatuc Win User
    My right mouse key does not work, how can I do this without that?

bearcatuc, Jul 29, 2015
  12. foxbat Win User
    for some reason im not even allowed to change the sample rate and bit depth. help please

foxbat, Jul 29, 2015
  13. VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130

I, too, am unable to change that. I have no sound since the Windows 10 update. Very frustrating *Mad

JustPunkin, Aug 6, 2015
  14. Median Win User
    To fix the ( No Audio/ No high format or 5.1 output / Changing of format disabled ) problems follow this procedure precisely:

- Disable the playback device first.
    - Right click > Properties > Advanced.
    - Change the bit rate to 16.
    - Click Test.
    - If ok, Click ok then right click and click Properties > Advanced again.
    - Now change it back to 24 bit.
    - Click test, if it works click ok.
    - Now right click and enable device.

HAVE Fun *cake*cake*cake*cake*cake
    *Cool

Median, Aug 6, 2015
  15. Median Win User
    Dude!!! use "Ease of access" from windows.. Start > Control Panel > Ease of Access *Party

Median, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130 - Similar Threads - VIA Audio working

2. Firefox on build 10130

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox on build 10130: For some reason; the latest build of the tech preview keeps resetting my default browser from firefox to I believe internet explorer or the new one for 10 microsoft edge. Does anyone know why it keeps doing this? This seems to be a bug in the tech preview? 7147
  3. build 10130 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    build 10130 product key: I installed this version of win 10.... build 10130 and going through the settings I see that it is not activated. Seems it needs a product key.. Does it actually need one? If so, where do i get it? Thanks for all the information. *Wink Now I remember where it came...
  4. VIA HD Audio microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VIA HD Audio microphone not working: So, after fruitless attempts at fixing the issue using other people threads I've decided to create my own. I'm one of those unlucky to be bugged by sound issues after an upgrade to Win10 from Win7. My Siberia v2 headset microphone doesn't work. What I've tried:...
  5. Live weather title not working in 10130 build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live weather title not working in 10130 build: Live weather title not working in 10130 build When open up the start menu like this, it doesn't change keeps what is shown. It just keep saying weather. If you click on it, it open up the weather app it does ok. Anytime I opened the start in the past, it keep that weather...
  6. Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working

Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working: I'm going around in circles on this one. I just upgraded my ASUS Laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 10 X64. (It has Via HD Audio) Initially, sound worked but the microphone didn't. I fussed with many settings but nothing seemed to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  7. Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones

Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones: Hello all! I've just upgraded to Windows 10, and despite all the cool and fun stuff I got with the upgrade, I am quite disappointed that I cannot use my headphones on the notebook. The speakers function properly, but my headphones are producing an awkward sound. I will try...
  8. Via HD audio drivers not working for microphone

Via HD audio drivers not working for microphone: I installed windows 10 for my Asus laptop(which was running windows 8.1 pro and the mic worked perfectly) , and the microphone just doesn't work. I tried to install the latest win 10 drivers for Via, and that didn't help. Are there any fixes for this problem, or am I just out...
  9. Via HD Audio not working - Searched for forums already

Via HD Audio not working - Searched for forums already: Hi, I've searched the forums here and elsewhere to fix this problem. I have tried restarting my laptop, restarting the audio in services.msc, changing the max memory under boot in msconfig.exe, changing the bit rate from 24-bit to 16-bit (can't because the dropdown box is...
  10. VIA HD Audio Not Working After Anniversary Update

VIA HD Audio Not Working After Anniversary Update: [img] What Should I do ? Please Help Me.. VDeck is Important for EQ *Sad *Sad 58824