Windows 10: Via HD Audio not working - Searched for forums already

Discus and support Via HD Audio not working - Searched for forums already in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've searched the forums here and elsewhere to fix this problem. I have tried restarting my laptop, restarting the audio in services.msc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by faustus89, Jul 30, 2015.

1. faustus89 Win User

Via HD Audio not working - Searched for forums already

Hi,

I've searched the forums here and elsewhere to fix this problem. I have tried restarting my laptop, restarting the audio in services.msc, changing the max memory under boot in msconfig.exe, changing the bit rate from 24-bit to 16-bit (can't because the dropdown box is greyed out) (also when I hit test, it just tells me there is an error that occured...no number or anything), updating drivers, disabling the enhancements, typing in net stop "AudioSrv" and net start "AudioSrv" in cmd. Still I have no audio. This is absolutely the most frustrating thing. I'm not sure what else to try.

Also, headphones don't work in the Aux input. I haven't tried headphones into the usb port yet.

Does anybody have suggestions on what else I can try next?

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

:)

faustus89, Jul 30, 2015

2. Asus VIA HD Audio Driver, Windows 10

A quick note on what fixed it for me (so far).

1. Right-click on "VIA HD Audio" and choose "Update Driver..."

2. Tell it to let me choose which one I want to install.

3. List drivers already installed.

4. (Important) You will see both "VIA HD Audio" and "VIA High Definition Audio". The former is probably installed; change it to the latter.

After a quick install, it seemed to work!

Roger Huebner, Jul 30, 2015
  3. StevenKTO Win User
    How do I fix the my Muffled audio?

My Computer's audio is very muffled, it sounds like karaoke mode is enabled, but I have already disabled all audio enhancements.

I looked in device manager and Realtek HD audio isn't installed, so I tried to install it, but it doesn't show up. So I tried uninstalling VIA HD audio, but it once I restarted my computer it reinstalls itself and the audio is still muffled and distorted.

Also, I'm not sure if the razor synapse things affect it, or the NVIDIA HD audio.

How do I install Realtek HD audio successfully so it is on the device manager? And how do I uninstall VIA Audio permanently?

StevenKTO, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Daniel Win User

Daniel, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Daniel Win User
    Edit:
    I have vt1828s + Win 10 64bit and works OK.

Daniel, Jul 30, 2015
  6. faustus89 Win User
    Wow, thank you so much! I did not see that thread when I was searching. I suppose I didn't do quite enough looking around. Everything is working great now.

faustus89, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Via HD Audio not working - Searched for forums already - Similar Threads - Via Audio working

2. Realtek HD Audio not WORKING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD Audio not WORKING: ok. I have been working on this for about 6 hours. Realtek Drivers will not install. They install but do absolutely nothing. I have tried many different sources thinking I just installed the wrong one. Realtek does not show up in my Device Manager. NONE of my inputs or...
  3. Realtek HD Audio not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio not working: So I was playing GTA 5 and then I shut the flap of my laptop and didn't shut it down but just put it to sleep. After a while, I opened it again and there was no sound. I checked the Playback devices and it only said Speakers(7.1 Surround Sound) and the Realtek audio wasn't...
  4. HD Audio Controller not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HD Audio Controller not working: This morning I went to use my laptop and I discovered that the HD Audio Controller isn't working. After some digging, I think it's a driver issue but I have no idea how to fix it. submitted by /u/interimeclipse [link] [comments]...
  5. VIA HD Audio microphone not working

VIA HD Audio microphone not working: So, after fruitless attempts at fixing the issue using other people threads I've decided to create my own. I'm one of those unlucky to be bugged by sound issues after an upgrade to Win10 from Win7. My Siberia v2 headset microphone doesn't work. What I've tried:...
  6. Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working

Via HD Audio - Sound and Mic not working: I'm going around in circles on this one. I just upgraded my ASUS Laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 10 X64. (It has Via HD Audio) Initially, sound worked but the microphone didn't. I fussed with many settings but nothing seemed to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  7. Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones

Via HD Audio Distorted for Headphones: Hello all! I've just upgraded to Windows 10, and despite all the cool and fun stuff I got with the upgrade, I am quite disappointed that I cannot use my headphones on the notebook. The speakers function properly, but my headphones are producing an awkward sound. I will try...
  8. Via HD audio drivers not working for microphone

Via HD audio drivers not working for microphone: I installed windows 10 for my Asus laptop(which was running windows 8.1 pro and the mic worked perfectly) , and the microphone just doesn't work. I tried to install the latest win 10 drivers for Via, and that didn't help. Are there any fixes for this problem, or am I just out...
  9. VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130

VIA HD Audio not working properly build 10130: Since the installation yesterday of 10130 the audio has stopped working. Have tried installing new drivers, deactivating and reactivating but nothing seems to fix it. The system claims that everything is working properly but it sure does not. When I try to use the test tone...
  10. VIA HD Audio Not Working After Anniversary Update

VIA HD Audio Not Working After Anniversary Update: [img] What Should I do ? Please Help Me.. VDeck is Important for EQ *Sad *Sad 58824