Windows 10: Viber: suddenly started saving pictures to One Drive.

Discus and support Viber: suddenly started saving pictures to One Drive. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Viber normally downloads received image files to %USERPROFILE%/Pictures/Viber folder. However, on one of my Windows 10 Pro x64 machines it suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndreyT, Dec 5, 2018.

1. AndreyT Win User

Viber: suddenly started saving pictures to One Drive.

Viber normally downloads received image files to %USERPROFILE%/Pictures/Viber folder. However, on one of my Windows 10 Pro x64 machines it suddenly started to download its images to OneDrive folder, under OneDrive/Pictures/Viber. Other machines still seem to work as before.

What could be causing this? Is this a Viber setting or is this some new Windows behavior?

:)

AndreyT, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

photos from non-viber contacts are being saved

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. What do you mean by “non-Viber contacts”?

2. What is the location of Photos being saved?

3. Are you referring to Photo app or Picture folder?

4. What is the make and model of PC?
    5. Did you install viber app from Windows store?

I would like to inform you that all photos are saved by default to Picture folder by many software's. I would suggest you to contact Viber support and check if you can save the pictures from Viber to another location.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 5, 2018
  3. How to save the picture in computer from flash drive

Hi Mommamedic,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Connect the flash drive to the system and go to file explorer.

• Open the flash drive, go to the picture folder.

• Press Ctrl key + A, right click on the picture, select
      copy
      and go to the drive/folder where you want to save the picture, right click on it and select
      paste.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 5, 2018
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Viber: suddenly started saving pictures to One Drive. - Similar Threads - Viber suddenly started

2. Pictures won't save all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures won't save all of a sudden: I've been copying pics from my yahoo email, about 50 so far today and all of a sudden it stopped working. I right click the picture, hit save as and save in the folder. Now it doesn't show up in the folder and the paste button is grey-inactive. Any suggestions on how to...
  3. Pictures won't save all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures won't save all of a sudden: I've been copying pics from my yahoo email, about 50 so far today and all of a sudden it stopped working. I right click the picture, hit save as and save in the folder. Now it doesn't show up in the folder and the paste button is grey-inactive. Any suggestions on how to...
  4. Pictures won't save all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  6. one drive pictures

one drive pictures: I cannot preview AFTER i posted pictures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-pictures/a73d41e4-5487-453e-abb4-7e3da629fb31
  7. one drive pictures

one drive pictures: after I inserted my pictures into one drive. the images show up. After few 19 minutes from upload. the image didn't show How is it possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-pictures/e63569fa-6d1c-4b34-ac5e-5ee59699cc05
  8. One Drive Not Saving

One Drive Not Saving: Purchased One Drive storage 1T will not save. I get error message saying my One Drive is full but shows 58G only has been used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-not-saving/3ffe573c-7ddc-433a-95f2-d932590c263d
  9. One Drive Pictures

One Drive Pictures: When loading pictures from iphone they only appear in OneDrive as low res? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-pictures/6b9298ee-9de6-452f-958d-8a5f07657837"
  10. Sudden loss of picture on one of the displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Sudden loss of picture on one of the displays: I've got no idea what to think of it, why it happened and because of what. I have 2 displays, had them for 2 years now and Nvidia GTX 9700. One of them is connected to my graphic card via HDMI and the other one is plugged via DP. A few minutes ago, while I was talking to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why viber folder is saved on one drive