Windows 10: Viber: suddenly started saving pictures to One Drive.

Discus and support Viber: suddenly started saving pictures to One Drive. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Viber normally downloads received image files to %USERPROFILE%/Pictures/Viber folder. However, on one of my Windows 10 Pro x64 machines it suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndreyT, Dec 5, 2018.

1. AndreyT Win User

Viber: suddenly started saving pictures to One Drive.

Viber normally downloads received image files to %USERPROFILE%/Pictures/Viber folder. However, on one of my Windows 10 Pro x64 machines it suddenly started to download its images to OneDrive folder, under OneDrive/Pictures/Viber. Other machines still seem to work as before.

What could be causing this? Is this a Viber setting or is this some new Windows behavior?

:)

AndreyT, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

photos from non-viber contacts are being saved

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

1. What do you mean by “non-Viber contacts”?

2. What is the location of Photos being saved?

3. Are you referring to Photo app or Picture folder?

4. What is the make and model of PC?
    5. Did you install viber app from Windows store?

I would like to inform you that all photos are saved by default to Picture folder by many software's. I would suggest you to contact Viber support and check if you can save the pictures from Viber to another location.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 5, 2018
  3. How to save the picture in computer from flash drive

Hi Mommamedic,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Connect the flash drive to the system and go to file explorer.

• Open the flash drive, go to the picture folder.

• Press Ctrl key + A, right click on the picture, select
      copy
      and go to the drive/folder where you want to save the picture, right click on it and select
      paste.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 5, 2018
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Viber: suddenly started saving pictures to One Drive. - Similar Threads - Viber suddenly started

2. One drive pictures download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive pictures download: When MS promised unlimited storage on one drive I backed up all my picture. MS downgraded and I want to download all my pictures now. However, either I get a message saying it is over 100GB. Or when I want to safe folders to my external hard drive all the zip folders won't...
  3. OneDrive pictures suddenly missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive pictures suddenly missing: Hi, checked my OneDrive account today to find lots of my pictures were missing. I haven't deleted any of these pictures and they were all taken around the same time. Please let me know if there is anyway for me to recover them Thanks...
  4. Saving background picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Saving background picture: How can I save my background picture properly so that I will reappear again after machine restart? The posts shown in the community is very complicated. I don't understand...
  5. Saving pictures to a picture folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving pictures to a picture folder: I went into my pc and opened up the pictures folder. I created a new folder within the folder. I drag and dropped a picture into the folder. I tried to drag and drop a second picture into the folder and it said I couldn't because there was already a file of the same name....
  6. Sudden loss of picture on one of the displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Sudden loss of picture on one of the displays: I've got no idea what to think of it, why it happened and because of what. I have 2 displays, had them for 2 years now and Nvidia GTX 9700. One of them is connected to my graphic card via HDMI and the other one is plugged via DP. A few minutes ago, while I was talking to my...
  7. Picture saved

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture saved: I hate the way W10 saves my pics to it's photo's, then i can't transfer them to Face Book !! Anyone tell me how i can have them sent to pictures in this photo when i want to import them from my camera to this destination ????? [img] Many Thanks !! 54924
  8. Saving pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving pictures: How do I save pictures on Windows 10? My mouse does not have a right click on this system. 39278
  9. Saving Pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Pictures: I am having trouble saving pictures to my "Pictures" folder. I right click on the picture sent to me via e-mail, Facebook, etc I click "Save Link As". I rename the picture and try to save it to my "Pictures" Folder. It says that I do not have permission to save to that folder...
  10. Save As To Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Save As To Pictures Folder: Thanks. I have “tweeted” it not to display Quick Access” in the left panel. Thanks though. Good point.