Windows 10: ViBoot is to support Virtualbox in a future update.

Discus and support ViBoot is to support Virtualbox in a future update. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; From the Macrium Forum So are there any real plans to develop Viboot for other VM systems in the foreseeable near future? Thanks for posting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cereberus, Oct 30, 2020.

1. cereberus Win User

ViBoot is to support Virtualbox in a future update.

From the Macrium Forum

So are there any real plans to develop Viboot for other VM systems in the foreseeable near future?

Thanks for posting. Development for VirtualBox support in viBoot has already been completed and will be released in a future update.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

:)

cereberus, Oct 30, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Oct 30, 2020
  3. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Sysprep and viboot

You need of course set a viBoot vm to use an existing virtual switch when setting it up. Extract from Ten Forums Macrium viBoot tutorial, see #4 in step 2.6 and in screenshot:

By default no switch is selected, hence no network connection.

Thema:

1. ViBoot is to support Virtualbox in a future update. - Similar Threads - ViBoot support Virtualbox

2. Future windows 11 support for Skylake processors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Future windows 11 support for Skylake processors?: Hi, I was wondering if there was any news of windows 11 supporting skylake CPUs. I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 which has all the requirements besides the supported CPU.Is there any potential for windows 11 to be supported or has this been written off already?Thanks,...
  3. Future windows 11 support for Skylake processors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Future windows 11 support for Skylake processors?: Hi, I was wondering if there was any news of windows 11 supporting skylake CPUs. I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 which has all the requirements besides the supported CPU.Is there any potential for windows 11 to be supported or has this been written off already?Thanks,...
  4. Will Intel processors 6400T and 7200U be supported in the future?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Intel processors 6400T and 7200U be supported in the future?: Will Intel processors 6400T and 7200U be supported in the future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-intel-processors-6400t-and-7200u-be-supported/2b57498f-ce37-4a72-9f48-674286f3d86c
  5. Will Intel processors 6400T and 7200U be supported in the future?

Will Intel processors 6400T and 7200U be supported in the future?: Will Intel processors 6400T and 7200U be supported in the future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-intel-processors-6400t-and-7200u-be-supported/2b57498f-ce37-4a72-9f48-674286f3d86c
  6. New viBoot VM Options

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    New viBoot VM Options: Has anyone tried the Virtual Box option instead for Hyper V when running Macrium Reflect v8 viBoot? Dies it have any advantages? 179600
  7. Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query: I notice when I boot a Reflect image using viBoot that I cannot logon to a Microsoft user account having a PIN or password but I can log into my admin account which is a local account using the admin password. Is this normal behaviour? 150623
  8. Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query

Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query: I notice when I boot a Reflect image using viBoot that I cannot logon to a Microsoft user account having a PIN or password but I can log into my admin account which is a local account using the admin password. Is this normal behaviour? 150623
  9. Windows To Go future support

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows To Go future support: Hello, I just discovered two facts regarding Windows To Go. Microsoft does not support the ability to complete a feature upgrade and has announced that it will halt further development of Windows To Go. I created a bootable USB drive using Hasleo Software's WinToUSB...
  10. Future Edge Updates

in Windows 10 News
    Future Edge Updates: Edge browser to decouple from Windows 10 and receive more frequent features updates via the Store. Don't know that this will be enough to increase market share but step in right direction. http://www.computerworld.com/article...indows-10.html "Users will finally be able...