Windows 10: VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium

Discus and support VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have a Macrium Reflect Free image backup from my tablet which is uses a 32bit uefi format installation. I tried to open it in viboot but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, Aug 23, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium

I have a Macrium Reflect Free image backup from my tablet which is uses a 32bit uefi format installation.

I tried to open it in viboot but it refused to open it, and got in a loading failed loop.

Installs done with 64bit uefi work fine.

I checked the image and it is fine - I can load as an image and see all files.

I am going to create a 32bit bios image (from a vm) and see if viboot handles that.

I suspect viboot just will not handle 32bit uefi - opinions anybody?

I will post this on the Macrium Support Forum as well.

:)

cereberus, Aug 23, 2017

2. Windows 10 Upgrade and WinBook TW100 Windows 8.1 tablet... three things to watch out for...

OK... glad you found the way into the UEFI ("BIOS") setup in the

firmware.

I used a 1 TB USB hard drive to do my system backup, then burned the Macrium backup archive onto a DVD for safe storage in my closet.

You should be able to make a donor image from your new

Winbook using Macrium, make a boot/recovery DVD in Macrium,

plug in a USB DVD drive, boot to it from the UEFI and then use the

donor image to un-brick the "unfortunate victim" (LOL) of the

Windows 10 upgrade.

Macrium is nice in that it gives you a couple choices for your

bootable recovery media - if I recall correctly, one of the options

is for a bootable Linux DVD that can restore from Macrium image

files.

VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium :)

AllanY2525, Aug 23, 2017
  3. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10, Error message: A system image created using UEFI cannot be restored on a computer using legacy BIOS.

I have recently upgraded three Dell's and one Lenovo to Windows 10. I have found that all four of them will not boot to to a USB or CD. These drives were made in Windows recovery or with Macrium Reflet. They all are running in UEFI mode with USB's formatted
    to FAT32. Apparently the only way to get these machines to boot with a USB or CD is to change the Bios to legacy and disable "secure boot". I found a note regarding Windows backup that said

"A system image that was created on a computer using UEFI cannot be restored on a computer using legacy
    BIOS. It can only be restored on a computer using UEFI."

So if the above is true- The images I have made in UEFI mode will not work on these systems for I can not access the USB drives to get to a boot. True ? Should my Windows and Macrium backup images be made in Legacy mode ?

Is there a down side to always having these computers set to legacy instead of UEFI ?

The Win10 install does not seem to play well with Dell's "one key recovery" or Lenovo's recovery. I am not sure it can see the backup partitions so I thought best to use Macrium for an image backup rather than relying on the OEM software.

Any help appreciated.

Original title: Windows backup media and UEFI?

S Prescott, Aug 23, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

You mean the EFI firmware is 32bit or Windows is 32bit (or both)?

I have an old mac (from 2006) which has 32bit EFI firmware but it is running 64bit Windows 10 so that probably wouldn't help much.

5. cereberus Win User
    My linx tablet has 32bit efi firmware and can only load 32bit Windows. I have created a Macrium image of tablet, but viboot will not open it and crashes. I have verified image is fine. I am going to try and restore image in a vm.

Edit: From Macrium Support Forum, the answer is it cannot be done as Hyper-V only supports 64bit UEFI. Pity!

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VIBOOT with 32bit UEFI image from Macrium - Similar Threads - VIBOOT 32bit UEFI

2. Dismounting Macrium Images

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dismounting Macrium Images: I'm having a problem on two different systems dismounting Macrium images. One is running V2004 with licensed Macrium and one is running V1909 with a free copy of Macrium. Macrium is the latest version. One thing in common are the Images are large, 200GB+, one is in excess...
  3. Macrium Reflect viBoot - Can't delete large *.diff.vhdx

Macrium Reflect viBoot - Can't delete large *.diff.vhdx: Hi there, I have successfully installed free Macrium Reflect on Windows 10, do scheduled full and differential images, and have used viBoot to create VM's and logged in to check images. The VM's end up in a default location on my C: drive. I only created the VM's to make...
  4. Macrium Reflect viBoot - Can't delete large *.diff.vhdx

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium Reflect viBoot - Can't delete large *.diff.vhdx: Hi there, I have successfully installed free Macrium Reflect on Windows 10, do scheduled full and differential images, and have used viBoot to create VM's and logged in to check images. The VM's end up in a default location on my C: drive. I only created the VM's to make...
  5. Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query

Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query: I notice when I boot a Reflect image using viBoot that I cannot logon to a Microsoft user account having a PIN or password but I can log into my admin account which is a local account using the admin password. Is this normal behaviour? 150623
  6. Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect ViBoot Query: I notice when I boot a Reflect image using viBoot that I cannot logon to a Microsoft user account having a PIN or password but I can log into my admin account which is a local account using the admin password. Is this normal behaviour? 150623
  7. Macrium - What to Image?

Macrium - What to Image?: Setting up my new Windows 10 Home desktop. Downloaded Macrium Version 6 Free and made a rescue disk. Everything is on the C: drive. Version 6 gives me 2 choices of images: 1. Image selected disks. 2. Image partitions required to backup and restore Windows. Choice 2...
  8. Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing

Macrium Viboot feature and windows 7 testing: [img] Hello experts, two questions pls 1. I am unable to see viboot feature while restoring in macrium free reflect? Is it restricted to paid version? 2. I tried to viboot in windows 10 machine with windows 7 image and getting attached error? Any idea pls...
  9. Tests of Image Backup Software on 32GB tablet with 32bit UEFI OS

Tests of Image Backup Software on 32GB tablet with 32bit UEFI OS: Many tablets and hybrids are unusual as they use a 32bit UEFI OS. I did some tests a couple of years back, and only Macrium Reflect Free was able to successfully backup and restore images of such devices. I decided to revisit this tests using latest version of each image...
  10. Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image: How to: Macrium viBoot - Create Virtual Machine using Macrium Image [img] Information I want to start with a very subjective, personal opinion: Macrium Reflect Free is the best available free imaging solution for Windows (download: Macrium Reflect Free). That being...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. marcium viboot no operating system was loaded

2. viboot access usb drive