Windows 10: Vice President Logic: Optional Updates nullified by Mandatory Cumulative Update

Discus and support Vice President Logic: Optional Updates nullified by Mandatory Cumulative Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey Fortin, So there are "Optional" Windows updates? So, are these still optional if the next month's cumulative update contain every update to-date?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeoBeum, Dec 15, 2018.

1. NeoBeum Win User

Vice President Logic: Optional Updates nullified by Mandatory Cumulative Update

Hey Fortin,

So there are "Optional" Windows updates? So, are these still optional if the next month's cumulative update contain every update to-date?

No, they are not optional, are they?

I think your company needs a restructure - and you should be out the door - along with much of the update and insiders departments.

Also - to the admins who loved to tidy up the forums, and clear my profile of my signature... suddenly, my signature makes sense right?

:)

NeoBeum, Dec 15, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Dec 15, 2018
  3. kn00tcn Win User
    Microsoft controversially brings cumulative updates to W7 & W8.1

i think they had a special win7 updated edition in may... in fact i thought they were supposed to be going cumulative in may, i even saw such an update!

kn00tcn, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Vice President Logic: Optional Updates nullified by Mandatory Cumulative Update

Enough with the mandatory updates for **** sake.

Hi ikej96,

My name is Fernando. I am an Independent Advisor. I am here to guide you with mandatory updates.

I can thouroughly understand your frustrartion with the mandatory updates.

Much like cell phone updates, updates are intended to make your computer more secure , gives you new functionality and makes it all the more reliable.

However, you can choose to hide updates until you are ready to update.

Here are the steps you need to take to hide updates you wish.

Step 1: Click here to download Show or hide updates utility.

Step 2: Run the utility. ...

Step 3: When you see the following screen, click Hide updates to view all available Windows and driver updates.

Step 4: Select updates that you want to hide.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any questions and let me know how it goes.

Respectfully,

Fernando Y.

FernandoYebra1, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Vice President Logic: Optional Updates nullified by Mandatory Cumulative Update

1. Vice President Logic: Optional Updates nullified by Mandatory Cumulative Update - Similar Threads - Vice President Logic

2. FS2020 Mandatory Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    FS2020 Mandatory Update: Flight Sim 2020 Mandatory update screen when starting up but there is no update in Shop Does not allow the program to load https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fs2020-mandatory-update/3f63cd4d-13c3-4a5b-a107-ab86cc3eb8a7
  3. KB5005101 Optional Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5005101 Optional Cumulative Update: Microsoft has released the optional KB5005101 Preview cumulative update for Windows 10 2004, Windows 10 20H2, and Windows 10 21H1 with fixes for thirty-four issues.This preview update is part of Microsoft's August 2021 monthly "C" update, allowing Windows 10 users to test the...
  4. MFS 2020 Mandatory Update

MFS 2020 Mandatory Update: I have downloaded latest FS2020 mandatory update but it will not install. At the install screen I hit Update and it brings up an adobo airport kord for download and then hangs up. Nothing else happens. Have re-installed FS2020 twice from MS store and have same problem. Can I...
  5. FS2O20 Mandatory update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS2O20 Mandatory update: I just installed this update and it changed how all the buttons work like altitude, vertical speed. You know have to scroll with the mouse wheel to change and cannot set the height/speed like before. I can adjust the altitude but not put the botton to set it as the new...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Frozen on "Update Success [MANDATORY UPDATE] Mandatory updates...: Anyone else having this issue? Not even getting to game launch screen. Task Manager indicates that MFS CPU usage is around 35% and power usage "Very High" I chatted to a Microsoft agent but they could only suggest that it is due to high demand on launch day....
  7. Is there anyway to stop the update to be mandatory?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to stop the update to be mandatory?: The latest update cause for the most of my apps not to work. submitted by /u/JPysus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvi0a7/is_there_anyway_to_stop_the_update_to_be_mandatory/
  8. No Sound After Mandatory Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound After Mandatory Update: My windows 10 machine updated a couple weeks ago and it no longer outputs any sound. Over the taskbar sound icon there is a red x. I've tried several combinations of uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and none have produced results. The only next step I can think of is a...
  9. Enough with the mandatory updates for **** sake.

Enough with the mandatory updates for **** sake.: How the hell do I stop the mandatory updates. I'm sick of losing work and progress because Microsoft think they know whats best for me and me set up. The excuse of "some people would fail to install important updates" is ****. Every time windows decides "oh look time for an...
  10. Google Vice President of Design: Windows 10 Is XP with Flat Skin

in Windows 10 News
    Google Vice President of Design: Windows 10 Is XP with Flat Skin: Google exec comments on how Windows 10 looks and works Microsoft claims that Windows 10 has the best of Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 regarding features and looks, but as far as Google’s Vice President of Design, Matias Duarte, is concerned, not much has changed with this new...