Windows 10: video and audio not working after upgrading to windows 10?

Discus and support video and audio not working after upgrading to windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so to make a short story even shorter, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 on an old laptop I have in an attempt to get it to work better. however,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Quincythezombie, Dec 29, 2019.

1. video and audio not working after upgrading to windows 10?

so to make a short story even shorter, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 on an old laptop I have in an attempt to get it to work better. however, after updating, whenever I try to watch any type of video it just does not work. for instance, when I try to watch a youtube video, it will play but without audio and the bar below it will now move at all. when it's done playing, it will just buffer and freeze the screen. whenever I try to listen to any mp3's I have saved to my computer, there's no sound and it freezes once again.

what could have caused this problem? and how can it be fixed? its a bit infuriating.

submitted by /u/Quincythezombie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Quincythezombie, Dec 29, 2019

2. Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade

I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 10.
    Now when I try to play videos, they sometimes either won't play at all, or will play extremely jittery. The audio sometimes doesn't work at all on the system. Sometimes both audio and video will work perfectly, but its very inconsistent.

I've tried most of the fixes I've found online:
    • Updating my audio and video card drivers
    • Checking "Use software rendering instead of GPU rending" and "Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protection" under Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options > Advanced.
    • Unchecking "Use hardware acceleration when available" in Chrome

PsylentKnight, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 29, 2019
  4. video and audio not working after upgrading to windows 10?

Rear audio jack not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing beats audio on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your HP computer?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the audio drivers for your device.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      Speakers/ Headphones and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

video and audio not working after upgrading to windows 10?

1. video and audio not working after upgrading to windows 10? - Similar Threads - video audio working

2. video audio not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    video audio not working: Hi, I got a new laptop about a year ago and did a carbonite transfer off all my items on my old computer to my new laptop. I didn't check until awhile later, but noticed my video folders transferred, but they were emptied. I'm finally had time to transfer them onto a USB...
  3. video audio not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video audio not working: Hi, I got a new laptop about a year ago and did a carbonite transfer off all my items on my old computer to my new laptop. I didn't check until awhile later, but noticed my video folders transferred, but they were emptied. I'm finally had time to transfer them onto a USB...
  4. audio not working after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio not working after upgrade to windows 10: audio not working after upgrade to windows 10 and i am using HP ENVY 27 All in one desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-after-upgrade-to-windows-10/cdaabc80-5a9f-4439-9faa-272da4112a0d
  5. Video works but no audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video works but no audio: I was testing my webcam on Windows 10 and it worked but when I did a video it didn't play the audio. I am using the regular Camera app that is already on the computer. I am not using a mic or anything like that so maybe that is the problem but I don't know can you please help...
  6. Audio lags in videos after upgrading to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio lags in videos after upgrading to 1909: I've been running on Windows 10 1803 for a long time with no problems whatsoever but when I upgraded to 1909 two days ago I started having this problem. The audio lags in videos sometimes randomely but it also happens everytime I pause the video and play it back again or...
  7. HDMI Audio not working after upgrade to Windows 10

HDMI Audio not working after upgrade to Windows 10: Hi All, I've searched and found similar problems to mine, but none of those solutions worked so I'm reaching out here. I currently have an Asus Vivopc desktop that I use as an htpc and it is connected directly to my LG LB5800 tv. The PC has onboard speakers which sound...
  8. Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade

Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade: I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. Now when I try to play videos, they sometimes either won't play at all, or will play extremely jittery. The audio sometimes doesn't work at all on the system. Sometimes both audio and video will work perfectly, but its very...
  9. Videos and Audio not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos and Audio not working: Videos are not playing in any where (chrome, firefox, windows media player, vlc, etc). They just get stuck at 0:00. Also my audio is gone. What the hell is the problem *Mad 95228
  10. Windows 10 videos not working, only audio.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 videos not working, only audio.: I have just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my laptop and everything works fine except for videos. When I try to watch a video on Windows Media Player, I get a black screen but the audio of the video works fine. I have been using the VLC player without problems....