Windows 10: Video and audio stop working randomly at the same time

Discus and support Video and audio stop working randomly at the same time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; From time to time when I'm playing a video (any website, even a video file in windows player) sound disappears and after a few seconds I can't play any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Honzac83, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Video and audio stop working randomly at the same time

From time to time when I'm playing a video (any website, even a video file in windows player) sound disappears and after a few seconds I can't play any video. I wasn't able to find this issue anywhere so I'm asking here.

The thing is can't play any video and there's no sound but other than that everything works normally.

Everything is fine after I restart but it seems to be happening quite often. It never happened to me before I reinstalled windows on a new SSD recently. I already tried reinstalling audio and video drivers but with no luck.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GTX 1060 3GB

MSI B450 A-PRO MAX

Kingston Now A400 - 480GB SSD

2x Crucial 8GB DDR4 2400

Crono 400W 80+ PSU

Windows 10 Pro

submitted by /u/Honzac83
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Honzac83, Jul 4, 2020
  2. rerunner Win User

audio randomly stops working

Hello all,

My computer is currently connected to my Vizio E420-A0 TV (HDMI). My audio randomly stops working and the display audio device disappears. When it works I can see it in device manager:

Video and audio stop working randomly at the same time [​IMG]

And when it stops working it disappears:

The driver seems to be up to date:

Disconnecting and reconnecting the cable doesn't help or turning the TV off and on, but rebooting fixes it. Any ideas?

rerunner, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Samske101 Win User
    Audio + mouse stops semi-randomly

Hi - I am having two problems with my computer:

• Audio stops entirely, usually when playing games - I can fix this by restarting the windows audio service

• Mouse randomly stops working - I can fix this by unplugging and re-plugging the mouse in - This will sometimes, but not always, happen at the same time as the audio problem

A little background - This started happening after I did a full format of windows

I have disabled the power off to save electricity options for all my USB hubs, but i'm still having the issues - and I don't seem to have updates available to any drivers that I can see. My windows is also up to date with the newest version.

I have also updated my bios, and I have tried the windows playing audio troubleshooter

Thanks Video and audio stop working randomly at the same time :)

Samske101, Jul 4, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Video and audio stop working randomly at the same time

Audio services not responding - Audio randomly stopped working

Try the equivalent on your system of this (not all terms may precisely match your setup)
    (from Guide: How to Fix Audio Not Working in Windows 10 : Windows10)

Note: as you may have found, a number of threads on this topic are unsolved.

You may wish to consider doing an in-place upgrade repair install if no solution is found.

Also consider the possibility of hardware failure. You could check the card is seated, cables secure.

dalchina, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Video and audio stop working randomly at the same time

1. Video and audio stop working randomly at the same time - Similar Threads - Video audio stop

2. ASDF keys start and stop working randomly, and at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASDF keys start and stop working randomly, and at the same time.: For whatever reason, the A, S,D and, F keys stop and start working at random intervals. Whenever they stop or start working they all stop or start working. The only reason that I was able to type this is because I opened the OSK while the keys were still working. I've already...
  3. ASDF keys start and stop working randomly, and at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASDF keys start and stop working randomly, and at the same time.: For whatever reason, the A, S,D and, F keys stop and start working at random intervals. Whenever they stop or start working they all stop or start working. The only reason that I was able to type this is because I opened the OSK while the keys were still working. I've already...
  4. Microphone and audio do not work at same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone and audio do not work at same time: ok, i use a JBL TUNE760NC but any other bluetooth device work as same. i set Stereo only sound and micropone work with a noise that most people describe im close to a fan. this happen becouse Hand-free AG audiomicrophone / low quality audio is not able if i able it wich...
  5. Audio randomly stopped working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly stopped working?: Hello, i opened up my pc to play some games today and realized my audio wasnt working, my speakers are not muted, drivers are up to date, and is showing up on my pc as working but i cant hear any audio coming from it. i dont know what to do and i dont know how to solve this,...
  6. My sound and video playback stops working randomly at the same time when i open and close...

My sound and video playback stops working randomly at the same time when i open and close...: this issue happens all the time i have to restart my computer so many times a day because of it. i have reinstalled my audio drivers but it still happens and my sound breaks along with video playback the most when i open uplay, xbox app and epic games and when im...
  7. Windows 10 Audio and Video not working at the same time.

Windows 10 Audio and Video not working at the same time.: Randomly today I started having issues with my PC. For example, if I try to play a YouTube video it will play but it will say "The audio service is not running" so obviously there is no sound. So I go to turn the sound on but then the video won't play. This is very...
  8. Audio randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly stopped working: Yesterday, I was on my MSI laptop watching some Netflix. I left it for 30 min and when I came back it was on sleep mode (as it should). When I woke my laptop up and went back to the Netflix tab, the audio did not work. I unplugged my headphones and the audio still did not...
  9. Video and Audio Stops Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video and Audio Stops Working: After only a few short videos or if I pause and restart a couple of times, videos and audio will not work anymore. I have to reboot and if I'm lucky I can watch a video. This has been going on for months and seems to be getting worse. I am taking online classes and I need to...
  10. audio randomly stops working

audio randomly stops working: Hello all, My computer is currently connected to my Vizio E420-A0 TV (HDMI). My audio randomly stops working and the display audio device disappears. When it works I can see it in device manager: [img] [img] And when it stops working it disappears: [img]...