Windows 10: video and sutitles of .MKV file are not working in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app

Discus and support video and sutitles of .MKV file are not working in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; video and sutitles of .MKV file are not working in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app but audio is playing. how to watch videos and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Saurav_Sarkar, Feb 2, 2019.

1. video and sutitles of .MKV file are not working in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app

video and sutitles of .MKV file are not working in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app but audio is playing.

how to watch videos and subtitles of .MKV file in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app.

:)

Saurav_Sarkar, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Crob1311 Win User

Film and TV app codecs, Windows 10

I have a digital recorder that saves the files in '.ts' format, which by default opens in the Film and TV app in windows 10, but then states that the format is not compatible. The files open fine and play in 'Windows Media Player' however they will not display
    as thumbnails in 'File Explorer' which they did in Windows 8.1 before I upgraded. I can convert them to '.mp4' and then see the thumbnails. The files will then play in 'Film and TV' and in 'Media Player'. Is this a codec problem, or would I be better served
    just getting rid of the Film and TV app and setting all the defaults to Media Player?

I understand there are a very large number of video formats about, but Media Player clearly has the necessary codec and Film and TV on the same computer does not.

Just to confuse the issue I have other '.ts' files from a different source, which play fine in both apps.

Any suggestions as I would much prefer to have one centre for handling and viewing my videos?

Crob1311, Feb 2, 2019
  3. SamiAndo Win User
    How to play mkv video file on smart tv via Windows media player

How can I play mkv files on smart tv through windows media player

SamiAndo, Feb 2, 2019
  4. video and sutitles of .MKV file are not working in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app

windows 10 videos flashing whether played with film and tv or vlc media player .intermittent problem

as above ..very annoying flashing on and off to darkness with any video format mp4 flv avi with any video player from windows 10 film and tv or VLC media player

paraic coughlan, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

video and sutitles of .MKV file are not working in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app

1. video and sutitles of .MKV file are not working in Windows 10 Media Player and in Film & TV app - Similar Threads - video sutitles MKV

2. Movies&TV/ Media player, Dolby Vision, MKV, Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies&TV/ Media player, Dolby Vision, MKV, Windows11: Hi there,I used movies&tv and media playerwin11 to play .mkv file with dolby vison. HEVCThe media player remind a error 0xc00d3e8c, 'unsupported encoding setting'Windows 11 pro 22h2 22621.1928. My laptop is a licensed device for Dolby vison....
  3. Movies&TV/ Media player, Dolby Vision, MKV, Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies&TV/ Media player, Dolby Vision, MKV, Windows11: Hi there,I used movies&tv and media playerwin11 to play .mkv file with dolby vison. HEVCThe media player remind a error 0xc00d3e8c, 'unsupported encoding setting'Windows 11 pro 22h2 22621.1928. My laptop is a licensed device for Dolby vison....
  4. why is microsoft films and tv telling me to go to media player app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is microsoft films and tv telling me to go to media player app: i have repair,reset and uninstall and reset my time&language help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-films-and-tv-telling-me-to-go-to/b481ea63-717d-4929-b1e8-ff6fae4dd5d7
  5. why is microsoft films and tv telling me to go to media player app

why is microsoft films and tv telling me to go to media player app: i have repair,reset and uninstall and reset my time&language help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-microsoft-films-and-tv-telling-me-to-go-to/b481ea63-717d-4929-b1e8-ff6fae4dd5d7
  6. Why there are 3 media SW? Media Player, Windows Media Player and Films & TV?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why there are 3 media SW? Media Player, Windows Media Player and Films & TV?: It is just curiosity and I am thinking to delete one of them. Actually I've been using VLC for movies and musik spotify. Long time agora I used to use Winamp! Anyway, are those SW that come along with Windows 11 all relevant? Should I keep the 3? Which is the best for music...
  7. Why there are 3 media SW? Media Player, Windows Media Player and Films & TV?

Why there are 3 media SW? Media Player, Windows Media Player and Films & TV?: It is just curiosity and I am thinking to delete one of them. Actually I've been using VLC for movies and musik spotify. Long time agora I used to use Winamp! Anyway, are those SW that come along with Windows 11 all relevant? Should I keep the 3? Which is the best for music...
  8. Films & TV Windows 10 App video lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Films & TV Windows 10 App video lag: Hi, Any video file I play through the Windows 10 "Films & TV" app causes video to lag behind the audio. Video and audio playback is smooth but not synced. What can I do to fix this? Thank you...
  9. Windows Media Player - Embedded subtitles in mkv files ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player - Embedded subtitles in mkv files ???: Hello All, I have always had issues with subtitles in WMP, it is simply not user friendly at all. Now I have several *.mkv files that have subtitles built in, but even after selecting 'On if available' WMP is not showing any subs. It works in ALL other video players,...
  10. Films & Tv App

Films & Tv App: Hi Guys In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name. Info - My movies are all stored on an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mkv to mp4 subtitles not working with windows media player