Windows 10: Video/audio don't work after waking up from sleep mode.

Discus and support Video/audio don't work after waking up from sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently installed a new ssd into an old laptop and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. Just in the last few days (I think it wasn't like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DanCerveny, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Video/audio don't work after waking up from sleep mode.

I recently installed a new ssd into an old laptop and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. Just in the last few days (I think it wasn't like this at first) my system loses the ability to play video or audio after waking up from sleep mode. If I restart the system, video and audio work fine again.

I tried a system restore to a point before a major update, but the issue was not fixed.

The only other thing that happened recently was my laptop ran out of power and shut off. When I tried powering on again, there was a checksum error. I was given the option to either load CMOS default value or go into BIOS. I went into BIOS and simply saved and exited, without doing anything else. Windows 10 then booted right up as if nothing was wrong. I don't remember having this video/audio issue before then, but I'm not positive. I know for sure this issue did not exist when I was still using the pre-ssd hard drive.

Any idea what could be causing this video/audio issue?

:)

DanCerveny, Dec 12, 2018
  2. ruggb Win User

Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

was there ever a solution to the no wake issue.

I am sure it is a function of the video driver. I have the latest and it doesn't work.
    It won't even offer a sleep mode until I load a video driver.
    When I do it won't wake up.

ruggb, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Valeriu Win User
    Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Video/audio don't work after waking up from sleep mode. [​IMG]

Valeriu, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Video/audio don't work after waking up from sleep mode.

Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Video/audio don't work after waking up from sleep mode.

1. Video/audio don't work after waking up from sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Video audio don't

2. Wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up from sleep mode: I am using a Dell Precision M4800 and the most recent W10 updates. For some time I have been interested in using the 'sleep' mode but have not used it yet. The reason being that I cannot find instructions anywhere on how to 'wake' the machine up when I wish to work again....
  3. Computer working weird after waking up from sleep mode

Computer working weird after waking up from sleep mode: Hello, From a few months ago I faced a problem, which is the following: I have two accounts in Windows 10 that I use almost every day. When my PC wakes up from sleep mode in the Administrator account, it's fine, and everything works... Butafter waking up from sleep mode...
  4. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I delayed installing latest updates until yesterday. After doing so it now takes about 30 seconds for screen to turn on after being in sleep mode. Took less than 5 sec. before. What is happening?. Not critical but there appears to be something wrong in latest updates. Are...
  5. waking up from sleep mode

waking up from sleep mode: I was playing game in my laptop around one hour after i put my laptop in sleep mode, my laptop has been having issues with waking up from sleep mode. I currently have an HP model number is 15-ac119TX and power button does absolutely nothing anymore, and the screen remains...
  6. Wake up from sleep mode

Wake up from sleep mode: Using a Acer desktop with the latest version of Windows 10. My monitor will not wake from the sleep mode. Montior is a HP w17e. Pc is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but monitor will...
  7. Video and Audio Will Not Play After Compter Wakes from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video and Audio Will Not Play After Compter Wakes from Sleep Mode: When my brand new Windows 10 laptop goes into sleep mode, usually videos and audio files will not play unless I restart the computer. Is there something else I can do to fix this problem without wasting time on a restart? Videos will not play on YouTube or Facebook or other...
  8. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"
  9. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  10. Not wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not wake up from sleep mode: My box does not wake up from "sleep" mode. I tried wake-up with keyboard and power button, but not worked. The psecs of my box is here; OS: windows 10 pro x64 CPU: i7-920 Motherboard: Asus P5X58D Premium Memory: G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 2G x 6 Graphics Card(s): Nvidia...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound only works after waking up from sleep mode