Windows 10: Video Audio No SOund or Badly Distorted after Windows October Update 1809

Discus and support Video Audio No SOund or Badly Distorted after Windows October Update 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A LOT... A Mean a lot of folks are complaining about the same problem with audio yet Microsoft is not doing anything to resolve the issue. The Oct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by oldgeek59, Jan 10, 2019.

1. oldgeek59 Win User

Video Audio No SOund or Badly Distorted after Windows October Update 1809

A LOT... A Mean a lot of folks are complaining about the same problem with audio yet Microsoft is not doing anything to resolve the issue. The Oct 2018 update is full of bugs and the rollback or restore does not work.

All of the suggestions from Microsoft support are the same responses you would get from their Level I support who simply read what is on their screen. What do you think we are?? Stupid or something.

Find the problem or give us the capability to roll out the 1809 update and stop all major system updates from installing until MS hires some competent testers to do full regression testing on multiple platforms before releasing something that obviously is full or problems.

:)

oldgeek59, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Video Audio No SOund or Badly Distorted after Windows October Update 1809

Badly distorted sound after Win10 Anniversary Update

Today my computer updated to the anniversary edition of Win10. Everything works great...except the sound. After watching one or two videos on YouTube or running one or two songs through iTunes or other apps the sound becomes badly distorted. Once I close
    the programs the problem resolves itself, only to happen again after a video or song or two. I have checked and rechecked my drivers (I am running the latest RealTek HD audio driver-6.0.1.7910) I have plugged in my headphones (same result), and I am completely
    frustrated. I have played with settings, changing them, disabling the speakers, enabling them, all to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas on what else I could try or what I can do to try and make the problem go away?

MattSchwarz, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Video Audio No SOund or Badly Distorted after Windows October Update 1809

1. Video Audio No SOund or Badly Distorted after Windows October Update 1809 - Similar Threads - Video Audio SOund

2. Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update: Yesterday, I got the KB5006741 22000.282 Optional Quality Update for Windows 11 Stable Release. After updating, my audio quality was significantly low, and the volume was distorted Randomly going up and down. When I turned off 'Enable Audio Enhancements' in Sound Control...
  3. Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update: Yesterday, I got the KB5006741 22000.282 Optional Quality Update for Windows 11 Stable Release. After updating, my audio quality was significantly low, and the volume was distorted Randomly going up and down. When I turned off 'Enable Audio Enhancements' in Sound Control...
  4. Sound Distortion after update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Distortion after update on Windows 10: Each time my computer updates the sound on Skype gets distorted on my end and the people on other side can't hear me. So every time I have to go to DTS Audio Control and change the sound to 16 bit, 44100Hz CDQuality. Could the updates be done without affecting this issue....
  5. Badly distorted sound after windows 10 update have tried everything

Badly distorted sound after windows 10 update have tried everything: Hello my computer updated to the newest windows and made any sound on my computer distorted I have tried reinstalling, updating and asking the developer of the drivers (realtek) and there is no use. I have attempted to see if it was the audio enhancements but it was not this...
  6. realtec audio is distorting and bad

realtec audio is distorting and bad: iv tried windows 10 pro install 2x now and the problem still persists played with the studio cd quality no avail enhancements off on making no difference same with video and the audio drives ben reinstalled 3 times...
  7. Windows 10 won't play videos after october 1809 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't play videos after october 1809 update: So after the the october 1809 update, windows 10 stopped playing videos (mp4 mkv) The only when they play is by rebooting the computer but as soon as suspended, it stops playing again, i have all the codecs installed, video driver is up to date, i've tried running...
  8. Cracking sound on restart after Windows 10 october update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cracking sound on restart after Windows 10 october update 1809: Recently i installed windows 10 1809 from 1803 . During startup i found a crack or tweak sound (once or twice) other than normal processor sound , every time i restart system. On previous versions it wasn't heard . Should i uninstall it or wait for updates ? ***Title...
  9. no audio after october update

no audio after october update: after October 10 update I have no audio and no microphone on my hp laptop. what do I do? I see many people have a similar problem and have tried many options to no avail. Do you just wait for another update to fix?? I;m not very computer savvy....
  10. Bluescreen After 1809 October Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen After 1809 October Update: I updated my computer to the new October 1809 update and everything went fine. Everything seemed to work just fine, but after I turned off the computer and started it up today I got this bluescreen. Windows 10 would not boot the first time, I shut off the computer and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. =E63LwtU2KMs

2. audio distorted on video

3. ctxtb

4. windows sound distorted after update,
  5. worldttps://myfood.ltd/?v=20171031,
  6. com/watch?v=E63LwtU2KMs,
  7. after 1809 only system sounds no audio playback