Windows 10: Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 10. Now when I try to play videos, they sometimes either won't play at all, or will play extremely jittery. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PsylentKnight, May 18, 2016.

1. Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade

I recently upgraded from Windows 8 to 10.
    Now when I try to play videos, they sometimes either won't play at all, or will play extremely jittery. The audio sometimes doesn't work at all on the system. Sometimes both audio and video will work perfectly, but its very inconsistent.

I've tried most of the fixes I've found online:
    • Updating my audio and video card drivers
    • Checking "Use software rendering instead of GPU rending" and "Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protection" under Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options > Advanced.
    • Unchecking "Use hardware acceleration when available" in Chrome

:)

PsylentKnight, May 18, 2016

2. Lost Facebook Video after Win 10 upgrade from 8.1

Facebook embedded videos worked fine on Chrome under Windows 8.1, after upgrading to Windows 10 most are black screen, no audio, no video.

William Loyd, May 18, 2016
  3. Video not working after upgrading to windows 10

After upgrading to windows 10 my video does not work. Audio works fine but the video screen is black. I need my video to work for school so I need help ASAP

KerriGreene, May 18, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade

Please fill in the "My System Specs". Helps us to try and help you.

Can't really say about your problem without system specs.

fireberd, May 18, 2016
Thema:

Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade

1. Video/audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Video audio working

2. video audio not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    video audio not working: Hi, I got a new laptop about a year ago and did a carbonite transfer off all my items on my old computer to my new laptop. I didn't check until awhile later, but noticed my video folders transferred, but they were emptied. I'm finally had time to transfer them onto a USB...
  3. video audio not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video audio not working: Hi, I got a new laptop about a year ago and did a carbonite transfer off all my items on my old computer to my new laptop. I didn't check until awhile later, but noticed my video folders transferred, but they were emptied. I'm finally had time to transfer them onto a USB...
  4. audio not working after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio not working after upgrade to windows 10: audio not working after upgrade to windows 10 and i am using HP ENVY 27 All in one desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-after-upgrade-to-windows-10/cdaabc80-5a9f-4439-9faa-272da4112a0d
  5. Video works but no audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video works but no audio: I was testing my webcam on Windows 10 and it worked but when I did a video it didn't play the audio. I am using the regular Camera app that is already on the computer. I am not using a mic or anything like that so maybe that is the problem but I don't know can you please help...
  6. Audio lags in videos after upgrading to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio lags in videos after upgrading to 1909: I've been running on Windows 10 1803 for a long time with no problems whatsoever but when I upgraded to 1909 two days ago I started having this problem. The audio lags in videos sometimes randomely but it also happens everytime I pause the video and play it back again or...
  7. video and audio not working after upgrading to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    video and audio not working after upgrading to windows 10?: so to make a short story even shorter, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 on an old laptop I have in an attempt to get it to work better. however, after updating, whenever I try to watch any type of video it just does not work. for instance, when I try to watch a youtube...
  8. HDMI Audio not working after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Audio not working after upgrade to Windows 10: Hi All, I've searched and found similar problems to mine, but none of those solutions worked so I'm reaching out here. I currently have an Asus Vivopc desktop that I use as an htpc and it is connected directly to my LG LB5800 tv. The PC has onboard speakers which sound...
  9. Videos and Audio not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos and Audio not working: Videos are not playing in any where (chrome, firefox, windows media player, vlc, etc). They just get stuck at 0:00. Also my audio is gone. What the hell is the problem *Mad 95228
  10. Windows 10 videos not working, only audio.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 videos not working, only audio.: I have just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my laptop and everything works fine except for videos. When I try to watch a video on Windows Media Player, I get a black screen but the audio of the video works fine. I have been using the VLC player without problems....