Windows 10: video camera stopped working

Discus and support video camera stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The video camera app on my laptop Windows 10 doesn't record video anymore. It works with photos but only "records" video files of 0 bytes. What can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StuartJamieson2, Feb 4, 2021.

1. video camera stopped working

The video camera app on my laptop Windows 10 doesn't record video anymore. It works with photos but only "records" video files of 0 bytes. What can I do? It worked for several years before without a glitch.

:)

StuartJamieson2, Feb 4, 2021

2. Windows10 Camera Suddenly Stopped Playing MP4 Videos

Hi Michael,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows 10 Camera, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check this article, and follow the steps/instructions to resolve
    your camera issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 4, 2021
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Feb 4, 2021
  4. video camera stopped working

cannot upload camera or camcorder pics & videos

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re unable to import photos and videos after upgrading to Windows 10.

This could be due to incorrect Auto play settings. I suggest you to follow the steps as shown below and check if it helps.

• Plug in the Camera.
    • Go to Start and type AutoPlay Settings.
    • Choose AutoPlay Settings.
    • Under your Camera Device, choose the option "Import Photos and Videos."
    • Exit Auto Play Settings and check if the issue persists.
    You may refer to the article “Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD” for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/import-photos-videos

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

video camera stopped working

1. video camera stopped working - Similar Threads - video camera stopped

2. camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera stopped working: The camera stopped working when using zoom and teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/08f8c60f-dda6-46f8-922c-fd3525c1986e
  3. Camera stopped working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera stopped working: a day before this, the camera was fine and working. I checked troubleshoot - ran diagnostics, resetting the camera, switching the camera turn on and off, apps that are allowed to access camera. none of these solved the problem.. but today it doesn't work, when i turn on...
  4. video camera not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video camera not working: Hi, i updated my windows to 10 recently and my camera is not working properly. Im using a4 tech pk-838g but my windows 10 detects it as vimicro 2.0 usb pc camera venus, my discord finds it as camera but doesn't show anything when im trying to use it, it stopped working before...
  5. video camera not working

video camera not working: video camera not working checked has current device driver. Do not know what else to chack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-camera-not-working/7c54ad4f-6505-401c-8f0f-4ef3b5756b89
  6. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera suddenly stopped working and I searched high and low for a fix. After hours of searching, I found it and it was simple. IF YOU'RE USING A RECENT VERSION OF AN HP LAPTOP, CHECK IF YOU'VE GOT A SO-CALLED 'KILL SWITCH.' THAT'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE COMPUTER. IF...
  7. Camera and video not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera and video not working: Only recently have I needed to use the camera and video on my laptop only to find it doesn't work. I get a 'something went wrong' notice: 0xA00F425C<VideoCaptureFileCreationFailed>0x80270200 I've checked every setting a million times but to no avail. Yet, mysteriously and...
  8. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera worked fine a few days ago. Now I get an error that says 'NoCamerasAreAttached'. It is also not listed in Device Manager. What can I do to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/198c813f-3e65-4b5b-846b-949005894ee7
  9. Camera and video not working

Camera and video not working: I am a student and now that my university has all online classes , we are using Zoom to hold virtual classes which started today. I can see everyone and hear them. They can all hear me ,but not see me. Zoom says that they cannot detect a camera. I've look and I don't have a...
  10. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: [ATTACH] Camera stopped working. Light near the camera lens is turned green. Troubleshooting steps made: Camera privacy setting is turned on. Updated driver in Device Manager/ Cameras/ USB2.0 VGA UVC WebCam, restarted laptop. No “stream.sys” found in Properties/ Driver...