Windows 10: video capture

Discus and support video capture in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hello, im trying to capture some game footage when i play and every time i got back to watch the videos i just shows a screen shot of when i 1st hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RobatScat1, May 25, 2019.

1. video capture

hello, im trying to capture some game footage when i play and every time i got back to watch the videos i just shows a screen shot of when i 1st hit alt windows G and has audio but it doesnt play the actual footage that i was originally trying to capture. i was wonder if you could help me out. am i doing something wrong or does it have to with where im saving it to? or just the system in general? i was able to capture one video but ever since ive had this screenshot with audio problem.

:)

RobatScat1, May 25, 2019

2. Changed location of captured video

Hi,

If you can no longer see the location option on the capture folder, you may restore your Game DVR Captures folder location settings. After restoring the game DVR Captures folder location settings, then you can change your Game DVR Captures folder location
    again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to restore Game DVR Captures folder location settings

• Open File Explorer.
    • Browse to the Captures folder location.
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Defaults button.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Yes to recreate the folder in the old location.
    • Click Yes to move the content of the Captures folder to the old location, and wait a few moments.
    • Click OK.

Note: After you've completed the steps, the Captures folder will return with all its content to its default location: C:\Users\%username%\Videos\Captures.

After performing the steps above, try to change the location of your captured video.

Kindly update us with the results.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Wilfred Mac, May 25, 2019
  3. suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program

Hi

I would like some suggestions for a desktop video & sound capture program...

Have tried loads and loads today, Free & trial versions...many free ones have 3 minute limits or watermarks etc etc...

I need to capture some video & audio from a website...The video is 11-12 minutes long...Ideally i would like a small window ( not recorded ) showing status...and use a hot key to start end recording, or a timer would be even better.

Prefer a free program, but can pay if its to get what i need....many programs that accept a URL only accept from a list....which mine falls outside of

Thanks

reddwarf4ever, May 25, 2019
  4. siksik6 Win User

video capture

siksik6, May 25, 2019
Thema:

video capture

1. video capture - Similar Threads - video capture

2. Capturing Achievements using Video Recording Software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capturing Achievements using Video Recording Software?: Hello! I'm wondering if it is possible to capture the blue achievements message that pops up, using video recording software?I'm not entirely sure which process is triggering the achievement, so I don't know what to target. I tried several times when completing achievements...
  3. Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?: Edge wont let me screen capture video which is extremely strange. All I get is a black screen. Many people have complained about this. Is there a fix? 179919
  4. Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Wont Edge Let Us Screen Capture Video?: Edge wont let me screen capture video which is extremely strange. All I get is a black screen. Many people have complained about this. Is there a fix? 179919
  5. How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Audio, Video, and Screen Capture in Edge: There are times when websites ask for audio, video, or screen capture permission in whatever browser you are using. Here is how you can enable or disable audio, video, and screen capture in the Edge browser. Let’s say you do not want to disallow video calls while using the...
  6. Game Bar is not capturing entire videos for the full amount of the time length that's set...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar is not capturing entire videos for the full amount of the time length that's set...: Im going to keep it short...My game bar does not capture videos longer than 1 hour , when it’s set in settings as for 4 hour maximum... yesterday I recorded a important video for approximately 2 hours , but it came out as a 47 minutes video it was the first time I tried to...
  7. Windows Gaming Video Capture - NO sound on playback since upgrade to 20H2 - All check list...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Gaming Video Capture - NO sound on playback since upgrade to 20H2 - All check list...: Hello! Since Windows update to 20H2, video capture on Windows gaming results in NO sound on Playback. Sound plays during capture, but not recorded. Prior to update, playback sound worked perfectly on videos captured in Windows G. Have gone through many threads and the...
  8. video input not recognized from USB device capture device to OBS studio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video input not recognized from USB device capture device to OBS studio: I am using iphone Filmic Pro with lightning hdmi which goes as input to a "Zettaguard HDMI switch". I am taking hdmi output of the switch to "Mirabox USB capture device". video capture device is connected to my laptop win 10 with USB3.0. The first time I did this connection...
  9. Video Capture Card Not Working after Feb 24 Update

Video Capture Card Not Working after Feb 24 Update: We use a PC to livestream our service and have an external video capture card. It was working the day before the update install, but hasn't since. We have checked all the areas. the USB port is enabled, but we keep getting an error code 43. We are at a loss as this will be...
  10. Video Capture

Video Capture: How do I capture video from my Sony Handycam Md DCR-HC65? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-capture/392d225d-41da-4bdd-88bf-0727f995a4c6