Windows 10: Video capturing with usb capture device

Discus and support Video capturing with usb capture device in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi me again once again I find myself struggling. A few years ago I did some video capture with a PCI card and phono to VHS player which worked fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rwsadd, Jan 9, 2021.

1. rwsadd Win User

Video capturing with usb capture device

Hi me again once again I find myself struggling.
    A few years ago I did some video capture with a PCI card and phono to VHS player which worked fine.
    Some time back I bought an Easycap usb device as card was in an earlier PC and has gone, I have to confess I cant remember if Ive had that successfully working or not.
    Ive installed on this win 10 system version 2004 build 19041.685 as I have some footage on an old JVC VHS recorder that Id like to keep and store digitally, now! Although windows reports that usb capture device was successfully installed and ready to use, also Easycap software is installed and seems to work fine, it claims that I have no capture device on PC.
    I Have Pinnacle Studio 14 and cant get that to find it either, theres one other strange anomaly when in Easycap software and click on video capture Studio 14 fires up as well?? Which I cancel.
    Any help would be appreciated (although technical instructions will probably go over my head).

:)

rwsadd, Jan 9, 2021

2. Video Capture Device

Could someone recommend any decent/good video capture software?

Converting hundreds of videos from VHS, Hi8, etc... to DVD

The capture device hardware I have comes with some crappy software and was looking for something a little better.

Thanks

Morrison5891, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Video Capture Device

see my earlier post than if

jboydgolfer, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Video capturing with usb capture device

USB 2.0 Video Capture Device

Hi Garnock,

We apologize for delay in response and thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when the driver for USB 2.0 Video Capture Device is outdated.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Do you receive any error message, while trying to use USB 2.0 Video Capture Device?

2) What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to download the latest USB 2.0 Video Capture Device driver from the manufacturer’s website and try installing it in compatibility mode.

Refer to the below link to download the driver for USB 2.0 Video Capture Device.

EZCAP.TV USB 2.0 video and game capture devices

To run a program in compatibility mode, refer to the below link:

Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Video capturing with usb capture device

1. Video capturing with usb capture device - Similar Threads - Video capturing usb

2. Problem with Webcam/ USB HDMI video capture device on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Webcam/ USB HDMI video capture device on PC: I have a webcam as well as a USB HDMI capture device that I have used in the past to capture stuff onto my main PC from live streams etc. off a separate laptop. My son is in a band and sometimes live streams from shows are streamedThe webcam and capture device both used to...
  3. Problem with Webcam/ USB HDMI video capture device on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Webcam/ USB HDMI video capture device on PC: I have a webcam as well as a USB HDMI capture device that I have used in the past to capture stuff onto my main PC from live streams etc. off a separate laptop. My son is in a band and sometimes live streams from shows are streamedThe webcam and capture device both used to...
  4. Problem with Webcam/ USB HDMI video capture device on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Video Capture

Video Capture: How do I capture video from my Sony Handycam Md DCR-HC65? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-capture/392d225d-41da-4bdd-88bf-0727f995a4c6
  6. USB 2.0 Video Capture Controller

USB 2.0 Video Capture Controller: Driver for USB 2.0 Video Capture Controller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-20-video-capture-controller/b25efb20-6791-46fc-9856-64d37400ca84
  7. USB settings for usb capture device.

USB settings for usb capture device.: I have just spent a day trying to find a problem with a USB composite capture device. It seems that it works fine on one computer and not at all on another, both with Windows 10. I have uninstalled the USB controllers and restarted with no effect. I have changed USB ports 3...
  8. video capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video capture: hello, im trying to capture some game footage when i play and every time i got back to watch the videos i just shows a screen shot of when i 1st hit alt windows G and has audio but it doesnt play the actual footage that i was originally trying to capture. i was wonder if you...
  9. Video capture device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video capture device: I have a problem with a USB3 video capture device because it looks like a video device if I plug it in the USB3 port and like an audio device if I plug it in the USB3 hub. I tried to reinstall the drivers and ran the driver verifier. I really don’t understand what is going...
  10. Video capture

Video capture: Cannot get windows 10 to find the capture adapter, tried everything that I can think of. Would like some help if someone tell can me how to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/video-capture/656aea48-6b7c-4cf9-a0a0-6db5190d2f9c