Windows 10: Video card driver update causes windows to crash

Discus and support Video card driver update causes windows to crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I simply can't update my GPU drivers anymore, which does not happen before. For context: I brought this PC from another person and was using it for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rafael Ferreira1, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

I simply can't update my GPU drivers anymore, which does not happen before. For context: I brought this PC from another person and was using it for about a year for work, gaming, and studying. Everything was going fine until I encounter an HDD problem that demanded the replacement of the hardware, which I did. After the replacement, I installed windows 10 normally and Ubuntu too, but every time I try to update the video card drivers, specifically, the screen shuts down, and the PC restarts. After that Windows is not usable anymore, it will only boot in secure mode, from where I can use recov

:)

Rafael Ferreira1, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Mary Sau Win User

Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Basith M Win User
    VIDEOS MISBEHAVING IN WINDOWS10

Hi,

This might have caused due to any Video/Graphics card driver related issues. I would like to know some information about this issue so that we could assist you further.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Have you tried installing the latest updates and driver?

3. Were you able to install Windows 10 successfully on your computer?

As a first step, I suggest you to try installing the latest Video/Graphics card drivers from computer manufacturer's website or from Windows Update and check if the issue persists. This is to check if this is caused due to any driver/update related issues.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows + X
      keys and click Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapters’.

• Right-click on the Video/Graphics card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Please reply with the status of the issue so that we can help you in a better way.

Basith M, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

Windows 10 caused video distortion

Hi Mitchell,

Please answer the question below to assist you further.

- Did you make any changes prior to this issue.

- Does this happen while watching online videos or downloaded videos?

- Does this happen with all the videos?

I suggest you to update the graphic card drivers and check.

Follow the steps below to Update drivers in Windows 10

• Driver updates for Windows 10 and many devices (such as monitors, printers and video cards) are automatically downloaded and installed via Windows Update.
    • While it’s likely that you already have the most recent driver, if you’re having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating or reinstalling the driver. Here’s how:
      • Select the Start button, type Device Manager, then select it from the list of results.
      • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
        Update Driver Software.
      • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      • If Windows doesn’t find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer’s website and follow their instructions.
    • If these steps don’t work, try reinstalling the driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with video distortion, your reply is important to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Video card driver update causes windows to crash

1. Video card driver update causes windows to crash - Similar Threads - Video card driver

2. How to update video card drivers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to update video card drivers in Windows 11: Many Windows 11 device owners never install drivers on their devices. Windows 11 does a good job in most cases, ensuring that all connected devices work right on the first login. This was different in the past, when users sometimes had to add drivers to the Windows...
  3. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video card driver update causes windows to crash: I simply can't update my GPU drivers anymore, which does not happen before. For context: I brought this PC from another person and was using it for about a year for work, gaming, and studying. Everything was going fine until I encounter an HDD problem that demanded the...
  4. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video card driver update causes windows to crash: I simply can't update my GPU drivers anymore, which does not happen before. For context: I brought this PC from another person and was using it for about a year for work, gaming, and studying. Everything was going fine until I encounter an HDD problem that demanded the...
  5. Display adapters - Video card causing BSOD and constant AMD driver update causing issues -...

Display adapters - Video card causing BSOD and constant AMD driver update causing issues -...: Dear community, I'm having issues with my display adapters, I used the whocrashed tool to try and figure out the problem. I have also been updating my drivers ever since I started having the problem and I still happen to get the bsod thread stuck in device drivers when...
  6. installing video card drivers crashes pc

installing video card drivers crashes pc: after fixing win10 update, I had to do a clean reinstall, my pc worked for awhile then crashed. I replaced what I assumed was a bad hard drive and reinstalled windows updated everything but could not install video card drivers. Video card is a AMD Radeon R9 200 series. In...
  7. [Solved] Windows update causes video card driver problem directx3d not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [Solved] Windows update causes video card driver problem directx3d not working properly: SOLVE. Deleted Duet Display. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System: ASUS Zenbook UX305LA BIOS: UX305LA.206 Windows version: Windows...
  8. Windows update causes video card driver problem directx3d not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update causes video card driver problem directx3d not working properly: System: ASUS Zenbook UX305LA BIOS: UX305LA.206 Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 64bit 10.0, 1909 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 Windows build: 18363.752 Video card: Intel HD 5500 Video card driver: 20.19.15.4549, 11/10/2016, Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility...
  9. video card drivers for windows 10

video card drivers for windows 10: So i recently got a ati radeon x600 from a older computer and i am trying to install it in my dell optiplex 790 SFF windows 10 computer and i can't find drivers anywhere but after i did a quick search on google to see if it was possible to download drivers for this device it...
  10. Drivers (perhaps graphics card) are causing crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drivers (perhaps graphics card) are causing crashes.: I have delt with this for about a year. It's only in the past 6 months has become a large hassle. My HP EliteBook 8560w is crashing quite frequently. After trying many many drivers, I cannot fix it. I just wiped and reinstalled windows hoping for a change, but none is to be...