Windows 10: Video Card fan noise?

Discus and support Video Card fan noise? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've been having fan noise in my desktop computer for years now. I always thought it was a dust problem and I can temporally stop it after blowing all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by johnnyb58, Feb 4, 2022.

1. johnnyb58 Win User

Video Card fan noise?

I've been having fan noise in my desktop computer for years now. I always thought it was a dust problem and I can temporally stop it after blowing all the dust out with compressed air. Now I'm pretty sure its the fan on my video card and the noise might be stopping after blowing it out because the compressed air turn the fan much faster than on its own. I don't know if I can unplug it to be sure and I want to know if I can put a drop of some sort of oil on the bearing to see if it is the...

Read more

johnnyb58, Feb 4, 2022

2. Fan noise

Are there any problems with the fan noise? IS it loud or can you hear it at all? I currently have the Lenovo Yoga 920 and the fan is so loud!!! I need one with no fan noise or very very very quite noise.

[ Moved from: Surface / Surface Laptop / Power, battery, and performance ]

Elizabeth190811, Feb 4, 2022
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Feb 4, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Video Card fan noise?

Fan making grinding noise

Hi rdldn

If your fan is making a grinding noise, that would be an issue with the fan . . .

If your fan is running at top speed, then something on your system s using up CPU or GPU

Open Task Manager (Ctrl +Shift + Del)

Leave that open on the Processes Tab to monitor your system

When your fan is very busy, is your CPU or GPU at a high percentage?

(GPU - depending on your version of Windows 10)

If so, click on the relevant column header, so the arrow faces down

What are the top 5 processes listed?

DaveM121, Feb 4, 2022
Thema:

Video Card fan noise?

1. Video Card fan noise? - Similar Threads - Video Card fan

2. laptop fan makes noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop fan makes noise: I have a 4 year old laptop; The laptop fan makes noise. What could be the problem?My processor is IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-makes-noise/c5fc6092-046c-41b0-9749-d4a4b896f053
  3. laptop fan makes noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop fan makes noise: I have a 4 year old laptop; The laptop fan makes noise. What could be the problem?My processor is IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-fan-makes-noise/c5fc6092-046c-41b0-9749-d4a4b896f053
  4. Video card not detected but fan is spinning

in Windows 10 News
    Video card not detected but fan is spinning: [ATTACH]If the Video card is not detected but the fan is spinning, then here are the suggestions to help you fix the paradoxical situation. There can be multiple reasons behind this problem. From physical damage to software issues, anything can be responsible for the problem....
  5. Laptop fan weird noise with video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fan weird noise with video: Hello, while I was using my laptop the fan randomly started making weird noises and vibrating and it has been like that since. Here is a video: https://youtu.be/8EQD-wHJ7UE Whats causing it to do that?...
  6. Very Loud Fan noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very Loud Fan noise: Hi, Today suddenly laptop fan became noisy. To add, it happened at-least 3 times, that the fan noise was very very high for 2 minutes or so. Laptop was working quite well till yesterday, but today even when I login to windows, the fan starts and so is the noise. I reset...
  7. Loud laptop fan noise

Loud laptop fan noise: I have an Asus laptop and it's a quite old model. It originally had a hdd and I changed it to ssd. It did improve the performance speed but the fan is making louder noise than hdd. The laptop also heat up faster especially the palm rest. The air come out from the cooling fan...
  8. Video card power but fans not turning.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video card power but fans not turning.: If a modern video card is inserted into a motherboard's PCIe slot, and connected to power, but NOT connected to a screen, shouldn't its fans be spinning? Or would it sense that it was unable to output a signal and not fully turn on? The computer is on, of course, with the...
  9. Fan making grinding noise

Fan making grinding noise: My fan is making a terrible grinding noise. It runs loud and also pulses at times. I called tech support. They wanted $90 to fix. What is causing this? The mentioned something about fan drivers (and other drivers not working properly). How can I fix it?...
  10. Fan making grinding noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan making grinding noise: My fan is making a terrible grinding noise. It runs loud and also pulses at times. I called tech support. They wanted $90 to fix. What is causing this? The mentioned something about fan drivers (and other drivers not working properly). How can I fix it?...