Windows 10: Video Card/HDR/4K Questions

Discus and support Video Card/HDR/4K Questions in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; At some point I'm probably going to want to get a 2K or 4K monitor, preferably with some version of HDR. I talked on the phone today with 2 EVGA people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by vanp, Apr 15, 2021.

1. vanp Win User

Video Card/HDR/4K Questions

At some point I'm probably going to want to get a 2K or 4K monitor, preferably with some version of HDR. I talked on the phone today with 2 EVGA people about HDR and got somewhat-different answers.

The question is: Does HDR have to be designed and built into a video card or is it enough to have an HDR monitor? And if HDR has to be built into the card, how do the different HDR versions figure into that?

Looking at the specs for EVGA's most expensive card, 3090, there's a vague reference to supporting 4K and 8K HDR. One of the EVGA people also said that the HDR comes from the video card driver, which would come from NVIDIA.

Also, I guess I should ask about my MOBO. It's an Intel DH87RL. It has
    One PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot
    Three PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots
    HDMI v1.4a
    DVI-i
    Display Port v1.2

I'm no expert on this stuff, but I think those specs are probably too old to support at least 4K, if not HDR. What about 2K? If the MOBO has to go, that probably would mean a whole new computer. I appreciate any knowledge/advice I can get. Thanks.

:)

2. Zafatta Win User

Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely
    updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find
    anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

Zafatta, Apr 15, 2021
  3. ROBERT530 Win User
    how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu

not exactly any error messages not really any troubleshooting i guess i am looking for using

windows 10 pro 1803 with the same graphical interface as i get playing 4k.

you know how your tv looks playing 4k. i want the same graphical desktop in windows as i would

get viewing 4k uhd hdr movies music videos.

go to you tube and search for 4k hdr channel the graphics in 4k videos are unlike anything seen before i want 4k graphics on a windows desktop..

thanks for your reply

ROBERT530, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Video Card/HDR/4K Questions

Windows 10 on Sony XD800 4k HDR are missing setting HDR on/off

Hi Rolando,

I checked link and followed the steps, but it not troubleshooting my issue.

I will explain. My issue not link with resoluton and color view, with this all right.

My issue is are missing hdr on\off button in display settings.

I use Radeon R9 280x supported HDR video card (dxdiag) and Sony XD800 supported 4k and HDR, but Windows are missing key AdvancedColorSupported in param Monitor Advanced Color Capabilities in dxdiag log. I think trouble around this.

Lex Arsitov, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Video Card/HDR/4K Questions

1. Video Card/HDR/4K Questions - Similar Threads - Video Card HDR

2. Can’t clone HDR monitor to 4K capture card on 2nd pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t clone HDR monitor to 4K capture card on 2nd pc: I’m trying to setup a 2 pc system for streaming. My gaming monitor is HDR 4K 144hz, and I’m trying to clone that to a 4K capture card on my 2nd pc. When I clone the gaming monitor #1 to the capture card monitor #2, hdr is automatically turned off the gaming monitor. The...
  3. Can’t clone HDR monitor to 4K capture card on 2nd pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t clone HDR monitor to 4K capture card on 2nd pc: I’m trying to setup a 2 pc system for streaming. My gaming monitor is HDR 4K 144hz, and I’m trying to clone that to a 4K capture card on my 2nd pc. When I clone the gaming monitor #1 to the capture card monitor #2, hdr is automatically turned off the gaming monitor. The...
  4. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  5. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  6. 4k montior with hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k montior with hdr: I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My question is if I don't typically have it too bright does that limit what hdr will do for me? The main reason for it is to play...
  7. 4k montior with hdr

4k montior with hdr: I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My question is if I don't typically have it too bright does that limit what hdr will do for me? The main reason for it is to play...
  8. 4k Video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    4k Video: Hello. I am a vlogger. I connected my USB Charger to my iPhone and it doesn't let me import my 4k videos or view them. I need to know what to do because I need to get my video posted asap!...
  9. What is the best 4K video card under $175

What is the best 4K video card under $175: I just got a 43" LG UM7300 TV to use as a monitor I currently hav a HD7700 video card card time to upgrade the video card. I am looking for a 4k video card under $175 that work with a 460w power supply I am not much of a gamer I am looking at these video cards GTX 1060 GTX...
  10. Question about video cards

Question about video cards: I have 2 video cards 1 i bought and the other my friend gavve me. 1st one is nvidea GTX 1070 i believe it is 8 gig ram gddr5 ass i dont think there is a 6 gig 1070, it has according to the specs VR and 3D i dont think it does 4k as its max reso is 1440p. The other video card...