Windows 10: Video card issues (from code 43 to black screen)

Discus and support Video card issues (from code 43 to black screen) in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Good evening. I'm having serious issues with my video card. I have a Nvidia GTX 760 on Windows 10 64 bit. I was originally getting a code 43 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Outsider418, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Video card issues (from code 43 to black screen)

Good evening.

I'm having serious issues with my video card. I have a Nvidia GTX 760 on Windows 10 64 bit.

I was originally getting a code 43 on the device manager. The computer would start but I could not use dual monitors or play any games (they come up, but run horribly slow). So I tried:

Uninstalling the device and restarting the computer

Disabling the video card and then powering the machine off, unplugging it and holding down the power button for 1 minute.

I opened up the machine, took out the video card, cleaned the contacts with duster, the port, and the card itself, then put it back in.

I was still getting the same error, but when I tried to remove the drivers to reinstall them, that's when the issues really started. First the machine would not accept the drivers, then, after I start the machine, it tries to start, then I get a black screen. it won't even let me go into safe mode (although I may not be doing it right). So what would be my next course of action?

Thanks for your help.

:)

Outsider418, Dec 15, 2017
  2. ezlarryb Win User

code 43 on video card in Windows 10

since the creator update from Windows 10 I have seen multiple video cards fail to start with code 43. the latest is a dual video card setup. One card works and the other card will not run. Both cards are the same. does anyone have a solution for this

ezlarryb, Dec 15, 2017
  3. seabee28 Win User
    NVIDIA GeoForce GTX 750Ti on Dell Precision T1600 and Windows 10

I am getting the following error code: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I recently upgraded my Dell Precision T1600 to Windows 10. It had Windows 7. I updated the drivers for the video card. This is an
    AutoCAD workstation. Prior to the upgrade to 10, we were running 2 monitors easily on the video card. Now we can only see one monitor and the irresolution makes the icons large and the image beyond the screen borders. One monitor is not working. NVIDIA
    said that the Code 43 is a BIOS issue with Dell. Dell's website says they do not support Windows 10 on the Precision T1600 machine. Is this correct or is it a Windows 10 issue. Any info you can give will be helpful.

seabee28, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Video card issues (from code 43 to black screen)

Hi Outsider418.

Rather than retype I'm going to ask you to have a look at this post. This might sound crazy but I think your black screen is good news in that you are past the Code 43 but you are dealing with what seems a common nvida issue with a black screen.

Once you booted into safe mode have a look at the driver version you are using. Then when you check nvida you can see if there is a newer driver worth trying or just fall back to an older one.

Having a problem with formatting PC?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 15, 2017
  5. Good afternoon.

Thanks to those instructions, I am no longer getting the black screen. But I am still getting the Code 43 error even after rolling back to the last two drivers. What would be my next step? Thanks for your help.

6. Caledon Ken, Dec 15, 2017
  7. This Procedure From Geforce should work.

Josey Wales, Dec 15, 2017
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Video card issues (from code 43 to black screen)

Also very surprised it can run TWO display monitors, might try just using one monitor. This card is way under powered to run 2 monitors in my opinion. Try the steps posted by Caledon Ken in the link he gave you, and only use 1 monitor. That card is getting close to 5 years old too.

OldMike65, Dec 15, 2017
  9. When I rolled back to the previous two drivers, I kept getting the black screen. Once I got the latest drivers on (12/05/17, version 23.21.13.8859)

I currently can only run one monitor, up until I had the 43 error, it was running two with no problem.

And I don't have VIRTU MVP 2.0 installed. I double checked just in case Nvidia Experience installed it.

As of now, I have the latest driver installed. When I load World of Warcraft or any of my games on Steam, it runs excruciatingly slow.

Under the general tab, it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems.

Device Type: Display Adapters

Manufacturer: Nvidia

So for now, I got it back to where the problems started, but it's still not working properly *Smile

Thanks
    -MP-

10. I also used ddu uninstaller to remove the drivers and re-install them, but it still did not work (I used the newest ones). I still get the same error.

11. zbook New Member
    Please update the computer specs in the "My Computer" section:
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

Run this log collector > post a zip into the thread to troubleshoot the computer logs:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

zbook, Dec 15, 2017
  12. Okay, I updated my information and uploaded my zip file.

_zipIt.vbs

Outsider418, Dec 16, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

zbook, Dec 16, 2017
  14. Outsider418, Dec 16, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    It displays: This type of file can harm your computer.

zbook, Dec 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Video card issues (from code 43 to black screen) - Similar Threads - Video card issues

2. GTX1050 Video Error Code 43

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GTX1050 Video Error Code 43: After installing the GTX1050 video card I got error code 43. I install a driver update from NVidia but the error code is still present. I think the error has something to do with DLL's. The video card is not working properly. How can I fix this?...
  3. Code 43

Code 43: Hi, For a long time now the in built bluetooth in my ASUS N53SV laptop has not worked due to the error Code 43. I have tried a few times now to fix it with all sorts of methods but with out success. But I need to get it working now, so what must I do to fix it? Drivers are...
  4. Issues wth USB reading "code 43"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues wth USB reading "code 43": Trying to connect my headphones to put music, in the DEVICE MANAGER i noticed this: [ATTACH] Any thoughts on how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-wth-usb-reading-code-43/eed6d245-612b-4daa-a345-50c9a1ce27fd
  5. Graphics card error code 43

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card error code 43: Hello! I got the following driver error with my graphics card: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)" - causing horizontal white stripes on the screen and lowered resolution (800x600). I have an NVIDIA Geforce GTX Titan Black, and I've...
  6. Error Code 43 on an RX 570 HD Video Card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 43 on an RX 570 HD Video Card: First off let me say that Win 10 is absolutely the worst version of windows yet. I had the above card in this machine working just fine for 8 months. When it suddenly went dark no video. After going through all the regular checks that can be done with no video. I sent the...
  7. When Connecting USB Card Reader it gets a code 43

When Connecting USB Card Reader it gets a code 43: When I connect my USB card reader which is a Q7S card reader. Which is this one here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Q7S-Memory-r.../dp/B00F759ZCM When I connect it ti my computer it stops working and in device manager it says Device Descriptor Request Failed and gets a code 43....
  8. Code 43

Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).Im getting this message when i turn in my new usb mouse.Mouse was working for few hours, 1st time i turn in, after that im getting this message.Tried to disable/enable, updating driver, restarting pc,...
  9. Multiple NVidia Cards - Code 43 (Info Only)

Multiple NVidia Cards - Code 43 (Info Only): All I thought I'd post this info here for anyone who has dual NVidia graphics cards but different models. (Mods: Not sure if you want this as a sticky?) NVidia have confirmed that they will support cards from 400 to 900 series but if you mix certain combinations, then...
  10. Card card showing up as Code 43

Card card showing up as Code 43: So everything was working fine up until yesterday, then my computer would just crash when I played a game. after the first time I still had both screens being detected, but the second time I lost my secondary monitor. I then went to get the latest drivers but the same...
Tags: