Windows 10: Video card not detected but fan is spinning

Discus and support Video card not detected but fan is spinning in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If the Video card is not detected but the fan is spinning, then here are the suggestions to help you fix the paradoxical situation. There can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 15, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Video card not detected but fan is spinning

Video card not detected but fan is spinning Video-card-not-detected-but-fan-is-spinning-e1649602671140.png
    If the Video card is not detected but the fan is spinning, then here are the suggestions to help you fix the paradoxical situation. There can be multiple reasons behind this problem. From physical damage to software issues, anything can be responsible for the problem. But among all, hardware damage is often found to be […]

This article Video card not detected but fan is spinning first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 15, 2022
  2. stormy13 Win User

Video card power but fans not turning.

Depends on the card. A lot of cards these days the fan(s) don't spin until the card hits a certain temperature. My RX 570 is one of those where the fans don't spin up until the card gets of 50°C or so.

stormy13, Apr 15, 2022
  3. Video card power but fans not turning.

If a modern video card is inserted into a motherboard's PCIe slot, and connected to power, but NOT connected to a screen, shouldn't its fans be spinning? Or would it sense that it was unable to output a signal and not fully turn on?
    The computer is on, of course, with the monitor getting it's signal from the board's VGA port.
    Perhaps a BIOS limitation?

teckneeculler, Apr 15, 2022
  4. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Video card not detected but fan is spinning - Similar Threads - Video card detected

2. Graphics Card Fans Spinning, nothing on monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Card Fans Spinning, nothing on monitors: Hi, so my graphics has recently stopped showing up in task manager, device manager, and GeForce experience isn't detecting it anymore, for a long time I was getting no display during when BitLocker was awaiting my password and I have to type my password without the monitor...
  3. Graphics Card Fans Spinning, nothing on monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Fans Spinning, nothing on monitors: Hi, so my graphics has recently stopped showing up in task manager, device manager, and GeForce experience isn't detecting it anymore, for a long time I was getting no display during when BitLocker was awaiting my password and I have to type my password without the monitor...
  4. Graphics Card Fans Spinning, nothing on monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop fan spins terribly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fan spins terribly: Hi Team WindowsI have an issue with different laptop brands loaded windows 10 and windows 11.The fan spins terribly for a longer time while working on a spreadsheet or outlook, basically list resources consumed.This has nothing to do with low ram or low hard drive space.The...
  6. Video Card fan noise?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Card fan noise?: I've been having fan noise in my desktop computer for years now. I always thought it was a dust problem and I can temporally stop it after blowing all the dust out with compressed air. Now I'm pretty sure its the fan on my video card and the noise might be stopping after...
  7. Fans not spinning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans not spinning: I have some Rgb fans and they are not spinning it came with a fan hub and after a day it didn't work anymore. I am powering the fan hub using a sata connector but it doesn't work for some reason....
  8. Graphics card not detected but fan is working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics card not detected but fan is working: So i had a problem with my graphics card turning off because of dust clogging the fan and i took it out to clean it but when i put it back on the computer it suddenly cant detect it so i searched on google and youtube what to do, they all said to uninstall it on device...
  9. Video card power but fans not turning.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video card power but fans not turning.: If a modern video card is inserted into a motherboard's PCIe slot, and connected to power, but NOT connected to a screen, shouldn't its fans be spinning? Or would it sense that it was unable to output a signal and not fully turn on? The computer is on, of course, with the...
  10. Laptop fan not spinning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop fan not spinning.: I have an Asus Rog G771JW laptop, I had it for almost 6 months now. Lately I have been noticing that when turned on it would make a loud scraping noise that would last ~10 seconds. But yesterday the fan completly stopped (from what I can hear) only the CPU fan is spinning...