Windows 10: Video card power but fans not turning.

Discus and support Video card power but fans not turning. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; If a modern video card is inserted into a motherboard's PCIe slot, and connected to power, but NOT connected to a screen, shouldn't its fans be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by teckneeculler, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Video card power but fans not turning.

If a modern video card is inserted into a motherboard's PCIe slot, and connected to power, but NOT connected to a screen, shouldn't its fans be spinning? Or would it sense that it was unable to output a signal and not fully turn on?
    The computer is on, of course, with the monitor getting it's signal from the board's VGA port.
    Perhaps a BIOS limitation?

:)

teckneeculler, Aug 28, 2019
  2. p27182 Win User

power on: nothing but fans turning . . .

ok, here's a list of the hardware:

ThermalTake's PurePower W0100RU
    ASUS p5b deluxe wifi/ap
    Intel CPU Core 2 Duo E6420
    OCZ OCZ28002048ELDCGE-K 2GB Kit DDR2-800 PC2-6400 Enhanced Latency Gold Edition
    eVGA e-GeForce 7300 GT PCI Express 256MB DDR2 Video Card
    Kingwin AS-3000 AquaStar Liquid Cooling System

I turn her on and I get nothing but the whirring sounds of the fans spinning... (fans on the video card and the mobo)...

both screens are black with "no signal" (i hooked both my lcds up to the dvi and vga outputs on the vc)

and an interesting thing I noticed is that the "power led" on the asus board is blue when the supply is hooked up and when I hit the power button, the manual says it's supposed to turn red, which technically it does, but the blue doesnt go out... should it?

this problem, whatever it is, is driving me nuts *Bang Head :banghead:. I'm out 200 bucks after replacing the mobo which I thought was busted, and now I'm suspecting the video card.

no beeps on bootup whatsoever, which I cant understand...

the video card is my #1 suspect at the moment... i bought it from zipzoomfly and it was on the top of the packaging with a box that looked a lil beat up.... cool huh?

if anyone has any ideas or suggestions lemme know, other than those involving a baseball bat or .40 (which is what's currently on my mind)...

thanks
    -pat

p27182, Aug 28, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Video card power but fans not turning.

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Video card power but fans not turning.

1. Video card power but fans not turning. - Similar Threads - Video card power

2. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...: Ok so no changes happened to any components other then updates ext. inside my pc for months now just started doing this last 2 weeks and I've been experimenting with it to see if unhooking stuff might fix it.I turn it on the led's, cpu fan, other fans, hard drives all power...
  3. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...: Ok so no changes happened to any components other then updates ext. inside my pc for months now just started doing this last 2 weeks and I've been experimenting with it to see if unhooking stuff might fix it.I turn it on the led's, cpu fan, other fans, hard drives all power...
  4. computer not starting. Pushing power button turns on lights, fans but no image. quick power...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video card not detected but fan is spinning

in Windows 10 News
    Video card not detected but fan is spinning: [ATTACH]If the Video card is not detected but the fan is spinning, then here are the suggestions to help you fix the paradoxical situation. There can be multiple reasons behind this problem. From physical damage to software issues, anything can be responsible for the problem....
  6. Video Card fan noise?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Card fan noise?: I've been having fan noise in my desktop computer for years now. I always thought it was a dust problem and I can temporally stop it after blowing all the dust out with compressed air. Now I'm pretty sure its the fan on my video card and the noise might be stopping after...
  7. Video card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video card: How can I determine whether my video card supports hardware encoding of H.264 codec? I am using Cyberlink PowerDirector software version 10 to convert a VHS C tape into an .mp4 file and I have hit a stumbling block. Thanks...
  8. Video Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Card: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad L340, is my card Open CL Compatible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/fb51a277-b614-4e1a-87d5-f2142897f7f7
  9. video card

video card: how do I fix or change my 'video card'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card/4eb6c88b-59d8-4703-96de-2f86e6fe5943
  10. video card

video card: Hello everyone I need help. some friends and I have a problem with our pc and it is that they do not use the whole video card and some simple programs run with difficulty. I have a netbook Processor intel celeron 847 and it has 967mb of total graphic memory but memory...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video card fan notbturning