Windows 10: Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed

Discus and support Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm looking to upgrade my Video Card from my current GTX 960 for use with a new 43" 4k TV that I am using as a monitor at 1440p. Full 4k makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Corelogik, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Corelogik Win User

Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed

I'm looking to upgrade my Video Card from my current GTX 960 for use with a new 43" 4k TV that I am using as a monitor at 1440p. Full 4k makes everything way to small for my old eyes to see.

What I need advice on, since it's obviously been awhile since I've purchased a new Video Card, is what card would work best for using a 4k TV as a monitor with some mild to medium gaming tossed in the mix. Most of the games I play are not very graphically demanding. Mostly RPG type stuff and a few first person shooters. Left 4 Dead, Portal, Star Trek Online, maybe some Civilization etc.

I'm currently looking at the following; (the GeForce X60 cards have proven to be a nice sweet spot for me in the past)
    Radeon 5700 (XT)
    GTX 1660 (S)
    RTX 2060 (S), RTX 2070 (S)

Obviously cheaper is better, but, I have up to a maximum budget of $500 to spend on a new card. I would also like to get a little bit of future proofing while I'm at it. I tend to do upgrades at 3 to 5 yr intervals, or as finances allow. I am on a fixed income so each upgrade needs to last as long as possible.

Any advice for the best all around general usage card for my use case is appreciated. If there is another Video Card I should consider, by all means, throw it out there. The ones I listed are just the top recommended cards for my display size/resolution that I have been able to find online at the various review sites.

TIA.

System:
    Windows 10 x64 (Ver. 1903, Build 18362.959)
    FX 6300 (3.5Ghz)
    16GB DDR3 (1866)
    GeForce GTX 960 (2GB)
    Corsair RM750X

:)

Corelogik, Aug 1, 2020

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Aug 1, 2020
  3. BRKKAB Win User
    Need Some Graphic Card advice

Personally, I'd strongly suggest you upgrade your psu to a decend 600-800 watt one and then get a GTX 9** series video card. One that has at least 4GBs of VRam is gonna be needed for any newer game.

BRKKAB, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed

Dual video card laptops and Windows 10 upgrade

Hello,

From the description I understand that system is not switching to the fasted video card which is Radeon 7600.

I suggest you to uninstall the current video card from device manager and install Radeon 7600 manually and check if this helps.

To uninstall from device manager follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right click on the video driver and click on
      uninstall
    • Now install Radeon 7600 and check.

Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed

1. Video Card Upgrade Advice Needed - Similar Threads - Video Card Upgrade

2. Graphics card advice

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card advice: Hi all, New to the forum. Ive ben wanting to build my own gaming pc for a few years now but never felt i knew enough to get the right parts or fix any issues that might arise. Starting to build one right now. Right now i'm able to play a small amount of games on my laptop...
  3. Video Card Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video Card Upgrade: can I upgrade video card on HP Pavillion P6 2103wb? HP specs page says "Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed" and "Either integrated graphics or the PCI Express x16 slot are usable at one time; they are not usable concurrently". does that mean i...
  4. video card needs update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video card needs update: My screen saver will not work it says video card needs updating. Windows update says I am up to date. And Troubleshoot can not find a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card-needs-update/182f43f4-7dab-4982-95d6-49a6a7f3c359
  5. Need advice on which 1660 Ti card to buy

Need advice on which 1660 Ti card to buy: Hi all. I think I've decided on an upgrade to my GPU. At least, I've decided on the model. But there are so many versions that my head spins. I'm looking at these below. Can someone explain to me what's so different about them, or if any are better than the others? Also, how...
  6. Upgrading Video Card But Not Monitors

Upgrading Video Card But Not Monitors: I have the money to get a nVidia GTX 1060 6Gb card, but not the money to get new monitors. I'm looking for a recommendation as to how to connect the monitors. The both have a VGA and DVI-D ports. The cards are usually 1 HDMI, 1 DVI and 3 DisplayPort. The choices I see...
  7. Need Some Graphic Card advice

Need Some Graphic Card advice: My pc's cards fan after 4 years just started making a whinning noise I don't know if I could take it out and grease the fan or not but I would rather just get a new card......Say $100 or less....And I'm not a gamer. My pc is a 2013 HP P-6 2400T / Intel 3.1 CPU / 12 gb's...
  8. Video Card Upgrade

Video Card Upgrade: I have an PNY Nvidia GT240 in my Windows 10 machine. A friend of mine has a 550 Ti for sale. Outside of more memory ,512 vs 1 Gb, and speed, is there any new features available with the Nvidia 550 Ti over the GT240? 36399
  9. Help or advice setting up dual video cards (NVIDIA)

Help or advice setting up dual video cards (NVIDIA): Hi, I recently got a new rig. Quite happy with it but wanted to make use of my older video card if possible. The older card is a GeForce GTX 780 and the new card is a GeForce GTX 1080 which is what is currently installed in the rig?? They both have DDR5 interfaces......
  10. Upgrade Advice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Advice: I am thinking of upgrading my system and would like any advice regarding if I would see a performance enhancement. I play most of the latest games (constant gamer) and some video/photo editing. I am only upgrading motherboard, memory and CPU. Already have a video card and...