Windows 10: video codecs

Discus and support video codecs in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by safiatou makere, Dec 8, 2022.

1. video codecs

information about video codec

:)

safiatou makere, Dec 8, 2022
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

3. video codec

Hi Qian,

A video codec is a software or device that encodes or decodes the media files such as songs or videos. To properly help you with your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• What activity are you trying to do?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Note: To check the version of Windows that you are using, you may click
    Start, type Winver, and then press Enter.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Dec 8, 2022
  4. video codecs

58 Error dialogs from app when HEVC Video Extension Window Store codec is installed.

Hi Kraig,

You might be experiencing this issue because of corrupted codec files. To help us identify the cause of this error, we would like to know the following information:

• Which app are you using to open and play your media files?
    • Have you installed any codec packs on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you download and install the
    official Codec packs from Microsoft
    . These packs can correct problems experienced with previously-downloaded codecs.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

video codecs

1. video codecs - Similar Threads - video codecs

2. video codecs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video codecs: information about video codec https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-codecs/ebd1279a-4645-443b-8d58-dada726dbfb6
  3. VP9 Video Codec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  4. VP9 Video Codec

VP9 Video Codec: Nessus scan has critical hits on the VP9 Video Extension. Need to update file, but systems are on a closed network. How to download file update for offline installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vp9-video-codec/8792ecb7-4b0c-4a4d-a375-d8366f2fb455
  5. codec for mp4 video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    codec for mp4 video: when i copy over a mp4 video from my pc to usb jump drive, i get this error message:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.anyone knows how to solve this issue?...
  6. What is Microsoft Photos video codec with lowest CPU usage on playing 4K videos?

What is Microsoft Photos video codec with lowest CPU usage on playing 4K videos?: Hi, I'm searching for video codec or library for play video 4K with lowest CPU usage. Many program or video player ex: VLC, DirectShow, PVS and other using high CPU and sometime cannot play. But I test to open same video with Microsoft Photos CPU average is 1 ~ 3% and GPU...
  7. HEVC codec from the Microsoft Store corrupts protected video in Edge, HEIC seems buggy, too.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HEVC codec from the Microsoft Store corrupts protected video in Edge, HEIC seems buggy, too.: This seems to have been an issue going on for years, but it's still there. When I install the HEVC codec by Microsoft in the Windows Store, protected video on services like Netflix starts stuttering, getting corrupted and freeze/hang the computer. The issue goes away if I...
  8. Download and install HEVC video extension codec

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download and install HEVC video extension codec: Reference: Case#1011922759 I purchased HEVC video extension but was not able to download and install on my windows 10. Microsoft technician assisted me yesterday by implanting and starting upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004. But Unable to install this Windows 10 upgrade...
  9. Choppy video playback in Microsoft Store apps. Can a codec pack help me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Choppy video playback in Microsoft Store apps. Can a codec pack help me?: I was wondering if maybe installing a codec pack would fix it for me or am I better off using web apps? BTW some videos do play smoothly as they should. submitted by /u/Jacky-Mo [link] [comments]...
  10. New next gen H.266/Versatile Video Coding (VVC) codec

in Windows 10 News
    New next gen H.266/Versatile Video Coding (VVC) codec: After devoting several years to its research and standardization, Fraunhofer HHI (together with partners from industry including Apple, Ericsson, Intel, Huawei, Microsoft, Qualcomm, and Sony) is celebrating the release and official adoption of the new global video coding...