Windows 10: Video Converters - SCAMS or Genuine

Discus and support Video Converters - SCAMS or Genuine in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I can't believe the humungous difference in speed of these various Video converters For example Wondershare at high speed converts a 4GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Nov 21, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Video Converters - SCAMS or Genuine

Hi there

I can't believe the humungous difference in speed of these various Video converters

For example Wondershare at high speed converts a 4GB 3 hr m2ts HD file (1920 X 1080) to MP4 H24 at same resolution (1920 X 1080) in about 5 mins. Others vary from 45 mins to over 3 hours !!! -- same file same pc same source file and output device,

Playing the output on a large screen the wondershare converted file certainly doesn't look degrade compared to any of the others (watching on 55 inch TV).

what's the catch here.

Handbrake I can understand as it's free, open source and has a zillion and one options but surely for PAID stuff there shouldn't be THAT much difference.

cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 21, 2017
  2. mccbleue Win User

Video converters

For the built-in media player, you need to convert to MP4. You can do this with Nokia's PC Suite, but I prefer to use WinAVI which I bought some time ago, it has never let me down.

You may also consider buying Core Player, which is a good mobile media player for phones - this would allow you to play a wider variety of formats, including AVI so you wouldn't have to convert your current files at all.

mccbleue, Nov 21, 2017
  3. cricfancy Win User
    Problems converting video using Nokia PC Suite for 6300

Hi zlandar,

Nokia Video Manager's (NVM) work is to convert the supported video files into .mp4 format. So NVM is doing its job withoug any fail. Its your handset 6300 which doesnot support the .mp4 file Video Converters - SCAMS or Genuine :( SO its better you can look for some 3rd party genuine video converter
    which will do the needful to you Video Converters - SCAMS or Genuine :) Have a great day

Forum correct me if i am wrong Video Converters - SCAMS or Genuine :)

cricfancy, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

Wouldn't it depend on if the converter software leverages CPU or graphics card/GPU, and if CPU, how many cores does the program use?

Cliff S, Nov 21, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    It is not just keeping resolution that speeds up things. It is also what bitrate is selected (frames per second). Choose a lower bitrate and it will convert faster, but choose too low and picture will be jerky.

Also a lot of freeware do not make use of hardware acceleration.

In the end, you only get what you pay for.

Professional converters will nearly always out perform freeware.

I use Aimersoft video converter ultimate as that might not be the fastest but is far more flexible than freeware and handles almost any known file format thrown at it, and can convert to almost any known format at any resolution and bit rate.

There are so many factors, it is hard to generalise from just a few tests.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Video Converters - SCAMS or Genuine - Similar Threads - Video Converters SCAMS

2. Video converter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video converter: Please, I need some advice. I made a video with my digital camera, it is an AVI file. What is the best free online converter that will convert it to an MP4 file? Thank you so much in advance....
  3. Video converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video converter: Please, I need some advice. I made a video with my digital camera, it is an AVI file. What is the best free online converter that will convert it to an MP4 file? Thank you so much in advance....
  4. Are calls from "Microsoft" genuine or a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are calls from "Microsoft" genuine or a scam?: I am receiving calls claiming to be from Microsoft saying that my PC has been compromised by hackers. I have been scammed before like that so I decline to continue with the call. They then tell me that, because I will not continue with the call, my Microsoft licence will be...
  5. Convert Video Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert Video Files: Does windows 10 offer a service to convert and compress video files? Secondly if the answer is no how do I know if the service I download is legitimate? Thirdly if the answer is no can anyone recommend a service for someone who knows very little? Sorry for all the...
  6. Genuine update or scam?

Genuine update or scam?: About July 20th a notice suddenly appeared at the bottom right corner of my screen saying that support for Windows 10 April 2018 update ends in November. It had 3 choices - update now, schedule a time, and another update option I can't recall. There was no way to close the...
  7. Phis sing, Scam or Genuine?

Phis sing, Scam or Genuine?: Am receiving reminders that my Hotmail account requires attention. I follow procedure until I have a box that requires last 4 of credit card etc. I filled in with fictitious numbers and was informed to wait for MS action within 7(?) days. Surely Microsoft do not require...
  8. Phis sing, Scam or Genuine?

in Windows 10 Support
    Phis sing, Scam or Genuine?: Am receiving reminders that my Hotmail account requires attention. I follow procedure until I have a box that requires last 4 of credit card etc. I filled in with fictitious numbers and was informed to wait for MS action within 7(?) days. Surely Microsoft do not require...
  9. Video is not converting

Video is not converting: Dear Microsoft I tried to add the videos in the Microsoft photo app but the videos are combined and it is not saving as a single video while trying to save into the local file and also the Mp3 song unable to merge into the video track. My computer photo app is up to...
  10. Video Convertion

Video Convertion: Hello, I have several video clips mp4 format, 720 x 960 size. I am trying to resize them to 720 x 1280, bitrate and frame rate stay the same. To do this I use "Format Factory" and "VideoPad Video editor"(each at a time), in both I make all the settings and start the...