Windows 10: Video date is wrong, How do I change?

Discus and support Video date is wrong, How do I change? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am working on getting our photos and videos organized. We went on vacation in 2018 and took a waterproof camera. The date on the camera was not set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RebeccaBauer, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Video date is wrong, How do I change?

I am working on getting our photos and videos organized. We went on vacation in 2018 and took a waterproof camera. The date on the camera was not set so all of the photos and videos we took with that camera are not showing up in the right collection since the collections are sorted by date. I was easily able to change the dates on the photos but I am not able to figure out how to change the date on the video files so they show up in the right collection.

Are collections sorted by created date or taken date?

How do I change this date on video files?

Thanks!

:)

RebeccaBauer, Jan 7, 2019

2. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Date is the wrong way round

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue with the date format. I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if you are able to find out the correct format or not.

• Right click on the date and time present at the right bottom.
    • Click on Change Date and Time under
      Date and Time.
    • Click on Change Colander Settings.
    • Now under formats you will be able to see the format which you want.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Video date is wrong, How do I change?

Date and Time is right but wrong

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

- Do you have a different computer set up with your Microsoft account?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Andre Da Costa on
    How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to manually set up your computer to synchronize with Windows time by following the steps below:

1. Type "date and time" in the search bar and open it.

2. Click on "internet time" tab.

3. Click on "change settings".

4. Check "synchronize with an internet time server"

5. Under server, select time.windows.com
    from the drop down list.

6. Click on "update now" and click
    ok.

7. Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Also make sure the time zone is set correctly by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I

2. Click on "time and language".

3. Click on "date and time"

4. Choose the appropriate time zone from the drop down list.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Video date is wrong, How do I change?

1. Video date is wrong, How do I change? - Similar Threads - Video date wrong

2. how do i change the date of birth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change the date of birth: I can't change the date of birth on my microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-date-of-birth/7847586c-ded4-424b-8af1-5ce6b8be0127
  3. how do i change the date of birth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change the date of birth: I can't change the date of birth on my microsoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-date-of-birth/7847586c-ded4-424b-8af1-5ce6b8be0127
  4. How do I change my date of birth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my date of birth?: I accidentally put 2010 instead of 2000, and I can't seem to change it, it just says the date, nothing to change it or anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-date-of-birth/cc2e9b5f-d110-4832-92ae-6ab0ef69b3b6
  5. How do I change my date of birth?

How do I change my date of birth?: I accidentally put 2010 instead of 2000, and I can't seem to change it, it just says the date, nothing to change it or anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-date-of-birth/cc2e9b5f-d110-4832-92ae-6ab0ef69b3b6
  6. changing wrong date of birth on account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing wrong date of birth on account: How do I change my date of birth, put in wrong year. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-wrong-date-of-birth-on-account/18dad57f-dff3-4eaa-820b-2dd87d5802c5
  7. changing wrong date of birth on account

changing wrong date of birth on account: How do I change my date of birth, put in wrong year. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-wrong-date-of-birth-on-account/18dad57f-dff3-4eaa-820b-2dd87d5802c5
  8. changing wrong date of birth on account

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How do I change dates on files properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change dates on files properties: How To Change File Attributes in Windows 10. I don't know exactly what I did but the Accessed:" dates on almost all my files changed. I like all my files to have the same date on the file properties "Created:", "Modify:" and :Accessed:".All I remember was updating to the...
  10. Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10: I cannot get Windows 10 to let me change the dates on photos that are wrong. I cannot get Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials 2012. I cannot see where I can open a dialoque box that allows me to open up a box for date taken and not date created....