Windows 10: VIDEO: Developing on Windows with WSL2 (Subsystem for Linux), VS Code, Docker, and the Terminal

Discus and support VIDEO: Developing on Windows with WSL2 (Subsystem for Linux), VS Code, Docker, and the Terminal in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/shanselman [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shanselman, Oct 29, 2019.

1. VIDEO: Developing on Windows with WSL2 (Subsystem for Linux), VS Code, Docker, and the Terminal

/u/shanselman, Oct 29, 2019

2. Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)

Can anybody know when ''Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)''
    is expected to launch?

Debabrata Ganguly, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Oct 29, 2019
  4. VIDEO: Developing on Windows with WSL2 (Subsystem for Linux), VS Code, Docker, and the Terminal

Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)

Hi Debabrata

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

If you are asking when it will ship in final form, it will likely be available in the fall of 2019 in the next major release of Windows 10, 19H2.

Microsoft releases new versions of Windows 10 in the Spring and Fall. If you want to test, Microsoft will likely start providing test versions of it in upcoming Windows Insider Preview builds under development in the coming weeks.

The kernel provided for WSL2 will be fully open source! When WSL2 is released in Windows Insider builds, instructions for creating your own WSL kernel will be made available on Github. We will work with developers interested in contributing to help get changes
    upstream. Check back in a few weeks for more information.

Source:
    https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/ship...

Andre for Directly, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

VIDEO: Developing on Windows with WSL2 (Subsystem for Linux), VS Code, Docker, and the Terminal

1. VIDEO: Developing on Windows with WSL2 (Subsystem for Linux), VS Code, Docker, and the Terminal - Similar Threads - VIDEO Developing WSL2

2. Vs code terminal glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vs code terminal glitch: i was writing a command while doing work and my terminal glitching what to do. the cursor gets on the top of the path text. You can see the video of the full issue here.https://drive.google.com/file/d/12uTsyxcPHOxlsBWnSaZ0byTSBvqeroMK/view?usp=sharing...
  3. Vs code terminal glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vs code terminal glitch: i was writing a command while doing work and my terminal glitching what to do. the cursor gets on the top of the path text. You can see the video of the full issue here.https://drive.google.com/file/d/12uTsyxcPHOxlsBWnSaZ0byTSBvqeroMK/view?usp=sharing...
  4. Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop: Up until a couple months ago I was able to use Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Kubernetes WITHOUT having a Linux distro on my dev system. During that 2 month period of time I did not do development of services in K8s and did not even start Docker Desktop.Now I am ready to...
  5. Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop

Using WSL2 with Docker Desktop: Up until a couple months ago I was able to use Docker Desktop and WSL2 to run Kubernetes WITHOUT having a Linux distro on my dev system. During that 2 month period of time I did not do development of services in K8s and did not even start Docker Desktop.Now I am ready to...
  6. Docker on WSL2 Ubuntu 20.04

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Docker on WSL2 Ubuntu 20.04: How can I install docker? I tried $ sudo apt install docker.io Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Suggested packages: aufs-tools debootstrap docker-doc rinse zfs-fuse | zfsutils The following NEW packages will be...
  7. New Memory Reclaim feature in Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)

in Windows 10 News
    New Memory Reclaim feature in Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2): We’ve added a new Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) feature in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19013: Memory Reclamation for WSL 2! Previously, when the memory needs of the WSL2 Virtual Machine (VM) would grow, either from your workflow or by the Linux kernel, the overall...
  8. Windows subsystem for Linux and mixed (Windows + Linux) development

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows subsystem for Linux and mixed (Windows + Linux) development: I am developing some C++ based code using Visual Studio 2019 VC++. The code builds using Makefiles and VC++ in a devenv command shell. But the testing code was written a long time ago and is based on Unix shell scripts and binaries so I need the unix/linux shell to run the...
  9. Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)

Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2): Can anybody know when ''Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)'' is expected to launch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-subsystem-for-linux-2-wsl2/c6045de9-7177-4290-89bb-afe853adaa94
  10. Terminate Running Windows Subsystem for Linux Distro in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Terminate Running Windows Subsystem for Linux Distro in Windows 10: How to: Terminate Running Windows Subsystem for Linux Distro in Windows 10 How to Terminate Running Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) Distro in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line...