Windows 10: Video display has a blue tint

Discus and support Video display has a blue tint in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Video display has a blue tint, can not get it remove. Text is also in blue, not black.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LesScott1, Feb 11, 2019.

1. LesScott1 Win User

Video display has a blue tint

Video display has a blue tint, can not get it remove. Text is also in blue, not black.

:)

LesScott1, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Pasha_NC7 Win User

Nokia 808 blue tint on display

Just to re-iterate the point made by Kosh. If I tilt the display of my N8 the colour changes from white to pale purple. This is normal for AMOLED screens. The same was true for my Galaxy S (RIP) but viewing the screen at a normal angle didn't reveal any
    purple or blue tints.

Ray.

Thanks Ray,

So it's the kind of Amoled that count. It seems Lumia 900 AMOLED is the RGB kind and no pentile, hence the difference. Lumia 800 has pentile so I can check with a friend of mine who got one on my suggestion (and we're still friends.. ;-) )

Best Regards

Pasha

Pasha_NC7, Feb 11, 2019
  3. tzsm98 Win User

Phone Arena states that the 808 has an RGB display, not a pentile display. Others are saying it is pentile. Anyone in the know have the
    correct answer?

Here is the quote from their article comparing a Samsung device to the 808:

"The 360x640 resolution typical for Nokia Belle handsets makes for a lousy pixel density on this size, whereas the 720x1280 pixels on the Galaxy S III make for crisp and distinct imagery, regardless of the PenTile pixel matrix used compared to
    the regular RGB on the 808 PureView."

I bring this up because some are suggesting the blue tint, in general, is a pentile artifact. Knowing the underlying architecture of the display would go a long way to shedding some light on that suggestion.

tzsm98, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Pasha_NC7 Win User

Hi Kosh,

Thanks again for highlighting display differences. That makes any comparison with C7 pointless. :smileysad:

I will investigate with Nokia Care guys and give feedback because the Blue Tint I get is more similar to

Nokia Logo background than a faint pale blue and because I saw other 808s on display at Nokia Store with

a less strong blue. When I look at the perpendicular angle whites are whites and the display works fine...

And forgot to tell that I got incredibile pictures with this wonder!

Best Regards

Pasha

Pasha_NC7, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Video display has a blue tint - Similar Threads - Video display has

2. White tint to display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White tint to display: My screen has been tinted slightly white, as if the brightness has been turned up, however I have not touched any brightness setting, is there a fix to this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-tint-to-display/6b35aed8-4ca8-4b52-90cd-fc4d2dd88301
  3. White tint to display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White tint to display: My screen has been tinted slightly white, as if the brightness has been turned up, however I have not touched any brightness setting, is there a fix to this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-tint-to-display/6b35aed8-4ca8-4b52-90cd-fc4d2dd88301
  4. blue tint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blue tint: ive got s blue tint on my monitor, my xbox doesnt have it but my pc does, how do i fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-tint/4e52b5b9-aad3-4549-bccc-5c1fbb342d54
  5. Display has a minor greenish/yellowish tint to it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display has a minor greenish/yellowish tint to it.: How do i fix this? It's like the blue light filter but a bit greener. I checked whether the filter was on and it is off. How do I fix this? It's most noticeable on white backgrounds. submitted by /u/ItzN0tMe [link] [comments]...
  6. Laptop monitor displays purples with a blue tint

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop monitor displays purples with a blue tint: I have a Dell G3 laptop and the display seems correct for most colors but purples always look too blue. I tried using the color management calibration but the color balance looked fine. I don't understand RGB enough to know which colors to tweak. Any help would be much...
  7. Computer display keeps turning blue tint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer display keeps turning blue tint: I know this question has been answered on other threads and I have searched them, however my screen is still blue tinted. I usually log on first thing in the morning and the blue tint is gone but returns shortly after im up and running. If I reboot the same thing happens,...
  8. Computer display keeps turning blue tint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer display keeps turning blue tint: I know this question has been answered on other threads and I have searched them, however my screen is still blue tinted. I usually log on first thing in the morning and the blue tint is gone but returns shortly after im up and running. If I reboot the same thing happens,...
  9. Video playback causes blue tint/hue to screen display?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video playback causes blue tint/hue to screen display?: Not sure when this problem first started but everytime I open a video to play it back, the screen colour changes to an awful blue/grey colour which does not revert to normal unless I restart my PC. Have a Sony Vaio SVL2413Z1EB desktop PC running the latest version of Windows...
  10. Laptop screen has blue tint

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen has blue tint: Hello, The title says it all. My screen displays all colors but overall it has some sort of blue tint. For example, if I see a black and white photo on my screen you can clearly see it isn't 100% black and white but it also has some kind of blue tint over it. It's hard...