Windows 10: Video Display port force output on Windows

Discus and support Video Display port force output on Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I am wondering if it is possible to make a Windows PC output on a video connection without the "Auto detect" or "output enable" features that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matthew Rendell, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Video Display port force output on Windows

Hello,I am wondering if it is possible to make a Windows PC output on a video connection without the "Auto detect" or "output enable" features that they have unless there is another feature that I don't know about. DVI and HDMI use 3 digital lines for Video, 1 for syncing all those lines together, SCL/SDA Data lines for control, and Hot Plug detect. It is my understanding that the PC needs to see Voltage on the Hot plug in order for it to confirm that it is connected to a monitor before it can sent the video signal. I need to disable this feature in the PC, does anyone know how to do this?Fo

:)

Matthew Rendell, Feb 18, 2022

2. Force Display Output via HDMI Port

Windows 10 Question: The goal is to display two screens (same video screen) from the computer to two projectors for a presentation using Power Point Slides. Attaching to one projector works fine, but when I attach a HDMI splitter to hook up the second
    projector, the computer no longer detects the display and will use the HDMI port as an output.

Thus, can you force a video output from the HDMI port using Windows 10.

MS KY User, Feb 18, 2022
  3. Basith M Win User
    BSOD upon upgrading to windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query here in Microsoft Community.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app.

As a first step, I suggest you to try the disconnecting all external devices other than mouse and keyboard if you have connected any check if the same issue occurs.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it works for you.

Method 1:

Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.

Method 2:

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters:
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M, Feb 18, 2022
  4. Video Display port force output on Windows

Blue screen error on Windows 10 Dell Laptop

Hi Leticia,

Thank you for posting your query here in Microsoft Community.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, output to unexpected port, and possibly also issues with the Lock Screen app.

As a first step, I suggest you to try the disconnecting all external devices other than mouse and keyboard if you have connected any check if the same issue occurs.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it works for you.

Method 1:

Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.

Method 2:

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters:
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 18, 2022
Thema:

Video Display port force output on Windows

1. Video Display port force output on Windows - Similar Threads - Video Display port

2. Only DVI port outputs video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only DVI port outputs video: I've reinstalled windows recently and changed the monitor. PC used to work with Display Port or HDMI and card also has DVI. Now no port neither in graphics card or motherboard besides DVI has video output. When plugging something into Graphics Card HDMI, Nvidia Control panel...
  3. Only DVI port outputs video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only DVI port outputs video: I've reinstalled windows recently and changed the monitor. PC used to work with Display Port or HDMI and card also has DVI. Now no port neither in graphics card or motherboard besides DVI has video output. When plugging something into Graphics Card HDMI, Nvidia Control panel...
  4. Only DVI port outputs video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to force output HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force output HDR: Hi there,So months ago I had connected my TV to my computer with an HDMI cable and played 4k60 HDR just fine. This was the reason I bought the TV after all, to play Destiny in HDR. Fast forward to today and a couple forced windows updates, and now my computer no longer...
  6. How to force output HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force output HDR: Hi there,So months ago I had connected my TV to my computer with an HDMI cable and played 4k60 HDR just fine. This was the reason I bought the TV after all, to play Destiny in HDR. Fast forward to today and a couple forced windows updates, and now my computer no longer...
  7. Video Display port force output on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Display port force output on Windows: Hello,I am wondering if it is possible to make a Windows PC output on a video connection without the "Auto detect" or "output enable" features that they have unless there is another feature that I don't know about. DVI and HDMI use 3 digital lines for Video, 1 for syncing all...
  8. Help with Forcing Windows to Output to HDMI instead of Internal Display while in Logo...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Forcing Windows to Output to HDMI instead of Internal Display while in Logo...: So I need to Reset my laptop. However, my laptop's internal display is broken so badly that I can't see anything on it. The problem is that when Windows resets, it shows different screens, like the Windows logo "Resetting this PC"...
  9. Display port won't show any video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display port won't show any video: So I was messing around with windows I have a 144hz monitor but I never bothered to actually apply the 144hz so I went into settings and turned it on the screen instantly went black and the display port doesn't work anymore I have to use HDMI and now for some reason its...
  10. How do I change the output port to the loudspeaker output port?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I change the output port to the loudspeaker output port?: I have a new computer a few days old. A Windows Audio Troubleshooter popped up and I used it. Basically, I tried it out and the volume was a little low and I decided to change the output port to another one a headphone output. Then the the audio didn't work at all!!!...