Windows 10: Video doesn't play while laptop is plugged in

Discus and support Video doesn't play while laptop is plugged in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cannot play any video while the laptop is plugged in. The sound plays, but no video. Videos play fine on battery power. This started after the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tdevill07, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Tdevill07 Win User

Video doesn't play while laptop is plugged in

I cannot play any video while the laptop is plugged in. The sound plays, but no video. Videos play fine on battery power. This started after the latest MS update. I have updated all drivers. The screen also dims for no reason and flickers to black once in a while, while plugged in. Any ideas? Thanks!!

:)

Tdevill07, Jun 18, 2021
  2. AlbertoMA Win User

my 3Dprinter doesn´t appear

My 3D printer doesn´t appear on when I open 3D builder on the left popup to choose printer.

Is it need to do any previous step?? I thought It was plug and play. the printer is an UP Plus2 from Tiertime so, it is one of the recommended partners manufaturers. any message of error just doesnçt possible to send the prin.

AlbertoMA, Jun 18, 2021
  3. tronicman Win User
    Windows Media Player doesn´t play podcasts - probs with aac audio and h.264 video

I tried the TCPMP yet - they removed the AAC plugin, so it doesn´t play them, too. I´ve been trying diverse downloads from different links to the TCPMP (0.72 RC1 and 0.71 as well), but none of them was with AAC :-(

I tried as well to install the ffmpeg plugin (for TCPMP), but that doesn´t work, too.

The messages after installing the TCPMP from the given URL http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/ looks like this: "Video codec (AVC aka H.264) not supported by the player" and "MPEG4 AAC Audio decoder not included (...) because of intellectual
    property considerations" (whatever...)

This is driving me mad!

So my last hope was to improve the Windows Media Player with the codec...

Any suggestions??

tronicman, Jun 18, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Video doesn't play while laptop is plugged in [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Video doesn't play while laptop is plugged in - Similar Threads - Video doesn't play

2. Lenovo laptop BSOD when playing games while plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo laptop BSOD when playing games while plugged in: My laptop goes BSOD when I play games while it is plugged in. I open a game while plugged in and then it crashes, fans go really loud and the goes to blue screen saying video dxgkrnl fatal error. I tried playing without plugging it in and it runs well the fps is not that...
  3. Lenovo laptop BSOD when playing games while plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo laptop BSOD when playing games while plugged in: My laptop goes BSOD when I play games while it is plugged in. I open a game while plugged in and then it crashes, fans go really loud and the goes to blue screen saying video dxgkrnl fatal error. I tried playing without plugging it in and it runs well the fps is not that...
  4. Laptop draining while plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop draining while plugged in: I have a Intel Core I3 for about a long ago. I use it with just the battery power. I shut it down and cool it down for about a few seconds, minutes, or hours, and then I reboot it up. It happened 3 weeks ago as I charged it once the battery is 10%, however, while I'm using...
  5. Laptop overheated while plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop overheated while plugged in: Laptop overheating while plugged in but it works fine when unplugged..Anyone has any solution for this??Till yesterday everything was fine suddenly this weird problem has occurredThankyou!...
  6. Laptop does not play video when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop does not play video when plugged in: After the last windows update, my laptop will not play any video while it's plugged into power. The sound plays fine, though, just video doesn't play. It plays just fine on battery. I have update ALL drivers and still will not work. The screen also dims when plugged in...
  7. Laptop Playing Video While Closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Playing Video While Closed: Yesterday night something creepy happened. I was watching a video on my laptop at 3 am. When I finished, I kept the tab open but closed my laptop to put it on sleep mode. At exactly 4 am, I was woken up by the sound of the same video I was watching playing from my laptop,...
  8. video stutters while playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    video stutters while playing: My completely new laptop Surface Pro doesn’t want to play video files properly. It looks like the video file starts to shutters and is played at 0.25x speed. This occurs once in a while and the only thing I can do to solve the problem is to restart the laptop....
  9. Earphone doesn't work if plugged in While Laptop is on. But Works if plugged in before...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earphone doesn't work if plugged in While Laptop is on. But Works if plugged in before...: I have a wired problem on my Dell Laptop Win 10 Build 17134.376. When I plug in the earphones while windows is already on, it doesn't show anywhere else either on device manager nor other places. But when I restart or plugin earphones before power on, it works and shows up...
  10. laptop lags while playing games when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop lags while playing games when plugged in: i have noticed that the laptop lags while playing games when plugged in. But when I play the same games on battery, they run just fine. How do I stop this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games/970658d6-be8f-47a8-b84f-39e46e62835f