Windows 10: video downloads required to be placed in "Videos" folder

Discus and support video downloads required to be placed in "Videos" folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When downloading a video (mp4) using either Firefox or Chrome, regardless of what folder I indicate for saving, up comes a message requiring the video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by biggere, Feb 20, 2019.

1. biggere Win User

video downloads required to be placed in "Videos" folder

When downloading a video (mp4) using either Firefox or Chrome, regardless of what folder I indicate for saving, up comes a message requiring the video be placed the the "Videos" folder under "This PC".

What can I do to force placement in the folder that I select rather than in the "Videos" folder?

:)

biggere, Feb 20, 2019

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Feb 20, 2019
  3. petrib Win User
    Place video and images in different folder? N73

Unfortunately, some software designer decided that it would be better for users to see all videos and images in one long list no matter where they are, and then require you to use the "Album" feature to organize them.

In other words, the Gallery simply ignores different folders and shows everything in a long list.

There's nothing you can do, except use a different app.

I can only hope that the behaviour returns to something more sensible in future devices.

petrib, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. video downloads required to be placed in "Videos" folder - Similar Threads - video downloads required

2. Whatsapp downloading video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whatsapp downloading video: I have whatsapp on my laptop,how do I download a video from my file,to send on whatsapp. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whatsapp-downloading-video/6868d7d5-675a-4c24-81f0-e658fa35211a
  3. Properties and video downloads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Properties and video downloads: When I download videos off the internet after downloading them I have to go to properties and UNBLOCK every one of them, from all locations, one at a time, I used to not have to do that .. It changed about 2 months ago that now I have to unblock them like that... all If I...
  4. downloading a video

downloading a video: How do you download a video? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-a-video/8b8aa0ef-c0b3-4fc4-b7d2-d0d2205f9cb2"
  5. download videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    download videos: how do I download videos from my camera to my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-videos/b572050c-e4cc-40ee-8622-f7f7e3786705
  6. Edge Video Downloader

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Video Downloader: I just wanted to see what everybody else was using to download videos from youtube in Edge…...I did a lot of checking into the various ways to do it but with most of them you had to download some third party app or it just had to many steps involved to actually get it...
  7. Requirements to Cast video?

Requirements to Cast video?: Anyone know what are the hardware/protocol requirements to use the Windows 10 "cast to device" feature, from within the Edge browser and/or the context menu? I've got an older Roku and older laptop, and the Windows 10 DLNA server works just fine with Roku Media Player as as...
  8. Downloading Youtube Videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloading Youtube Videos: i noticed yesterday that i can no longer use ********************* to download youtube videos. i tried another downloader for youtube and no luck with it either. also rightclick is disabled when performing it on the video. i would like suggestions on which extension or...
  9. video tools in video folder windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    video tools in video folder windows 10: In my Windows 10 computer, my video folder has a option on the ribbon to select Video Tools. When I open a folder full of videos (.wmv and .mp4) the ribbon gives me the option to Play All. This Play All function worked with WMP 12, but I now have changed my "Open with..."...
  10. Download / Save video

in Windows 10 Support
    Download / Save video: Hello,Some video clips locations, such as music (opera, concert), when I opened some to view on screen, I could with a right-clickto open a menu, there is a line "Save video as...", then I could save the video to the computer. Today I noticed this option became Gray, checked...