Windows 10: Video Driver replacement

Discus and support Video Driver replacement in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer is windows 10 but during attempts to get the latest update, I lost the ATI video driver, and it's now considered a legacy item. What's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveSwiontkowski, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Video Driver replacement

My computer is windows 10 but during attempts to get the latest update, I lost the ATI video driver, and it's now considered a legacy item. What's a good video driver to replace the old one?

:)

SteveSwiontkowski, Jan 5, 2020

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 5, 2020
  3. bdennir Win User
    video & external hardware driver corruption & disappearance of related functionality

video driver replaced with something called windows basic driver, computer no longer connects to monitor or displays, incorrect native resolutions on the laptop monitor ... troubleshooting devices don't work, attempting rstrui now, which takes hour(s)
    itself .... resolution list of video adapter & frequency incorrect ... any similar or suggestions to repair?

bdennir, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Mary Sau Win User

Video Driver replacement

Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Video Driver replacement

1. Video Driver replacement - Similar Threads - Video Driver replacement

2. Video Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Driver: Help!!! I accidentally uninstalled my Video Driver, I can't see it in Display Adapter anymore. When I restarted my pc, Display adapter showed up but inside it its Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I also forgot the name of my previous video driver but I know that it is intel g...
  3. video drivers

video drivers: video driver updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-drivers/45b4a21a-eedc-451e-a06e-c46f92e0b6ef
  4. Replacing a Printer Driver

Replacing a Printer Driver: My computer was Hacked. I have pretty much recovered everything except for one thing My Epson WF 3540 Printer. I am running Windows 10. Prior to the Hack, I could print in high quality, which is what i want for printing pictures. Now my printer will only print in them in the...
  5. Video driver

Video driver: Hello. I get a video tdr failure which i understand has to do possibly with an outdated video graphics driver or overloaded. Bu my pc shuts down after that so how can I possibly upgrade or modify if the pc stops. Thanks Ian MacDonald...
  6. Replacement Audio Driver.

Replacement Audio Driver.: On a recent update February 28, 2020, I lost my current Audio driver, which muted Cortana an Alexa, How do I get a functional Audio Driver. I am running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion Laptop. I have checked all of the settings and am sure the problem is the Audio Driver...
  7. Driver replacement.

Driver replacement.: I want to use my iomega usb floppy drive on my upgraded to Win10 laptop. It function fine before 10 was installed I tried with the original CD but no luck . Any help ?...
  8. Driver replacement

Driver replacement: So I've recently built a gaming PC and I've had notifications popping up saying no amd driver software installed. When i look in device manager under display adaptors it says I've got an "amd radeon(tm) RX vega 11 garphics" installed however it has an error code 43 next to...
  9. Video Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video Drivers: Did a clean install 10122 preview.I had to install drivers for the video cards. The other builds I did not have to do this.Then I did the updates the drivers would be installed.Is there a reason 10112 does not do this? 6262
  10. Video Drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video Drivers: Want to install Windows 10 Preview on a Dell Inspiron m5030. When the installer reboots the install, after a shot time screen goes Black.As if there are no Video drivers. I use to run Windows 7 on it no problem. I have been using Linux on it. Does any body know if 9926 has...