Windows 10: Video Driver Update: Taskbar Size Messed Up

Discus and support Video Driver Update: Taskbar Size Messed Up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hail: Next issue: I just had a Video driver Update. All went smoothly, except for my taskbar, which is normally on my 2nd monitor, and 5 rows, with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xogroroth, May 4, 2021.

1. Xogroroth Win User

Video Driver Update: Taskbar Size Messed Up

Hail: Next issue: I just had a Video driver Update. All went smoothly, except for my taskbar, which is normally on my 2nd monitor, and 5 rows, with the normal part (1 row), Then a Tools Directory (1 row), Program Utility Directory (1 row), Win tools Directory (1 row) and finally a game directory (also 1 row). The Driver Install placed my Task Bar on the prime monitor, in itself, not that a big deal, except... When I drag it to the 2nd monitor where it belongs... it becomes 1 row, which cannot be altered anymore. Thus I lose all rows which are dedicated to directories holding short cuts to programs. How can I undo that silliness please? Thank you very much. Xog. PS: Why does it constantly do this, though I never do a "clean" install for drivers? Isn't it meant to keep all as is when updating drivers (where possible, of course)?

:)

Xogroroth, May 4, 2021
  2. Xogroroth Win User

Hail:

Next issue:
    I just had a Video driver Update.
    All went smoothly, except for my taskbar, which is normally on my 2nd monitor, and 5 rows, with the normal part (1 row), Then a Tools Directory (1 row), Program Utility Directory (1 row), Win tools Directory (1 row) and finally a game directory (also 1 row).

The Driver Install placed my Task Bar on the prime monitor, in itself, not that a big deal, except...
    When I drag it to the 2nd monitor where it belongs... it becomes 1 row, which cannot be altered anymore.
    Thus I lose all rows which are dedicated to directories holding short cuts to programs.

How can I undo that silliness please?

Thank you very much.
    Xog.

PS: Why does it constantly do this, though I never do a "clean" install for drivers?
    Isn't it meant to keep all as is when updating drivers (where possible, of course)?

Xogroroth, May 4, 2021
  3. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 4, 2021
  4. Video Driver Update: Taskbar Size Messed Up

Adjust video size to their frames

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Which application are you using to view the video files?
    3. What is the file format of that video file?
    4. Are those video files saved on the PC locally?
    5. Does this issue occur with all video files?

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected. They might be broken or damaged.

Step 1: Suggest you to use the
    Windows Media Player
    to play the video file to check if that helps.

Step 2: Further, you may also want to
    update the display driver
    from Device Manager to check if that makes any difference.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Video Driver Update: Taskbar Size Messed Up - Similar Threads - Video Driver Update

2. Drivers update mess!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers update mess!: Recently I've reset factory windows10, now I'm trying to update drivers , got them from the laptop's manifacturer and I don't know where to start, what goes first? bios won't enable update option, either make flash or copy.why is this happening? how can I be sure drivers are...
  3. Drivers update mess!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers update mess!: Recently I've reset factory windows10, now I'm trying to update drivers , got them from the laptop's manifacturer and I don't know where to start, what goes first? bios won't enable update option, either make flash or copy.why is this happening? how can I be sure drivers are...
  4. Drivers update mess!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Newest update messes up audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newest update messes up audio drivers.: This is the third time I'm installing the newest update, twice out of will and now because they are forcing me to. Every time I switch to this version the sound in my Sennheiser 4.40 BT headset is stuttery/laggy. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and even buying a new...
  6. Bluetooth drivers messed up

Bluetooth drivers messed up: Bluetooth randomly turned off and the Bluetooth drivers are messed up, and i did absolutely nothing. and the Bluetooth driver is up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-drivers-messed-up/ec315143-39e2-4f6b-b608-0730ef15ac0f
  7. my video ram is messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    my video ram is messed up: ok so i had 2048mb video ram now its 64mb [ATTACH] [ATTACH] my pc is a 64-bit desktop i have windows 10 my pc model aspire M5881 my system manufacturer is acer my processor IntelR coreTM i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, 3192 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors btw i been messing...
  8. Windows font and sizes messed up

Windows font and sizes messed up: A lot of default font and size settings are messed up for me. The default font appears very skinny, the size is tiny, scroll bars are suddenly so thin you can barely see them and the window title bar size is tiny (probably due to the lower font size). I'm a developer myself...
  9. TaskBar messed up

TaskBar messed up: [ATTACH] It has that rectangular white outline on the outside when I right-click something on the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-messed-up/976ecc37-9588-41a5-871b-05b4020c8403
  10. Display drivers messed up?

Display drivers messed up?: Hey all, I updated wit windows 10 and had to immediately revert back to windows 7 because my monitor would shut off every 2-3 minutes and i would have to force restart every time. Its stressing my computer out and myself, so im wondering if this is display drivers or anything...