Windows 10: Video Driver

Discus and support Video Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Help!!! I accidentally uninstalled my Video Driver, I can't see it in Display Adapter anymore. When I restarted my pc, Display adapter showed up but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kristian AngeloCruz, May 6, 2021.

1. Video Driver

Help!!! I accidentally uninstalled my Video Driver, I can't see it in Display Adapter anymore. When I restarted my pc, Display adapter showed up but inside it its Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. I also forgot the name of my previous video driver but I know that it is intel g something with "microsoft corporation - wddm 1.1" I think. How can I install the Intel one because it has more choices of resolution.

:)

Kristian AngeloCruz, May 6, 2021
  2. Mary Sau Win User

Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, May 6, 2021
  3. Video on CSN Chicago

Hi Dennis,

It is possible that the video resolution is high that's why your graphics card driver is having a hard time playing the video. We suggest updating the latest graphics card driver of your PC.

To update your graphics card driver, follow these steps:

• Click on Windows logo.
    • Type Device Manager then Click it from the list that appears.
    • Look for Display adapters category, right click on it and choose Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If it fails, go to the manufacturer's website and follow their detailed instructions.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Robert Caw, May 6, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Video Driver

No video after installing Windows10

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • In the left pane click on View all
    • Select Video Playback.
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapter’.
    • Locate the display driver.
    • Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Arul_D, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Video Driver

1. Video Driver - Similar Threads - Video Driver

2. Video Driver crashed and was reset on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Video Driver crashed and was reset on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you are a gamer, one thing you ought to deal with is system errors. These errors are notorious for occurring at some of the most important times. In this post, we are going to talk about the following error. Video driver crashed and was reset! Make sure your video...
  3. Sound, video and game controllers driver disappeared after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound, video and game controllers driver disappeared after 20H2 update: Hi,My Sound, video and game controllers and Audio inputs and outputs drivers completely disappeared after 20H2 update! So now I can't play any sound.I have an Asus Vivobook 15, the update was installed a few days ago first, the same thing happened then. I tried various...
  4. Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic.(Corrupt driver/DX9?)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic.(Corrupt driver/DX9?): Upon trying to play a video (ts. recording if it matters) with MPC Classic, the message: "DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE" appeared. On the next boot/ever since, I am stuck in a bsod/bootloop with the "Critical service failed" code and all known remedies...
  5. Video Driver Update: Taskbar Size Messed Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Driver Update: Taskbar Size Messed Up: Hail: Next issue: I just had a Video driver Update. All went smoothly, except for my taskbar, which is normally on my 2nd monitor, and 5 rows, with the normal part (1 row), Then a Tools Directory (1 row), Program Utility Directory (1 row), Win tools Directory (1 row) and...
  6. video drivers disappear after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video drivers disappear after update: Bought a lenova Desktop last summer it has windows 10 installed everytime i do a windows update i lose drivers for both video cards the built in Intel video card as well as well as the nvidia pci-x card. is there a way to stop this from happening without disabling updates....
  7. Disabled all Video Display Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabled all Video Display Drivers: In an attempt to try to get an application working I turned off all of my video display drivers without knowing what it would do. I planned to turn them back on again, but as soon as I turned them both off my screen went black. I’ve tried using all of the keyboard restarts,...
  8. PC Hangs after installing Video Card driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Hangs after installing Video Card driver: Hello Guys! Good day! Hope someone can help me. So today sadly my pc froze unexpectedly and I don't know why. This occurred when I finished printing something. I left my pc on probably 10 minutes and when I came back it just froze. So normally I thought its just a glitch...
  9. video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys no matter which driver and windows build i use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    video tdr failure nvlddmkm.sys no matter which driver and windows build i use: This is not a big issue but it's annoying. Whenever I play an intensive offline game (Hades, SkyrimSE) and alt tab out of game for 2 seconds or longer my MX150 shuts itself and Windows can't wake it up back. The games turn into black screens and system becomes unresponsive....
  10. BSOD / Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic. (Possibly corrupt video driver /...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD / Bootloop after playing video with MPC Classic. (Possibly corrupt video driver /...: Upon trying to play a video (ts. recording if it matters) with MPC Classic, the message: "DX9AllocatorPresenter failed D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE" appeared. On the next boot/ever since, I am stuck in a bsod/bootloop with the "Critical service failed" code and all known remedies...