Windows 10: Video drivers busted, unable to log in or access Safe Mode

Discus and support Video drivers busted, unable to log in or access Safe Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello World, I've run into a bit of a conundrum that I was hoping this group might be able to help me out with. Here's a "brief" synapse of what's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blargyman, Dec 8, 2015.

1. blargyman Win User

Video drivers busted, unable to log in or access Safe Mode

Hello World,

I've run into a bit of a conundrum that I was hoping this group might be able to help me out with. Here's a "brief" synapse of what's going on.

I was having video issues, unable to run Sims 3 on my Windows 10 laptop (upgraded from Win 7) following a game update (thanks EA, you're breaking my daughter's heart). I tried a few things, and finally got it working after I downloaded AMD's new Crimson platform and drivers for my graphics card. Unfortunately, suddenly Andy (Android Emulator) stopped working, which is where my son plays Boom Beach with me. So I went back and forth, trying to restore the original drivers, which was a little extra tricky since my laptop has switchable graphics between the AMD Radeon 6300M and the not-so-stellar Intel chip-set. I finally seemed to have everything (mostly) working, and reset my computer to clear up any little issues.

My computer booted up through the splash screen, but instead of the login screen, all I get now is a black screen that occasionally flickers blue. The mouse cursor is generally visible and movable, but I have no other indication that anything is progressing.

I tried to boot into safe mode (which in itself seems to be stupidly-hard), but it asks me for my password to log in to my account. I have been using my Windows 10 Pin to log in since I installed it, and my fingerprint scanner to log in prior to that for about two years. So I have no idea what my password is, and my usual go-tos didn't work. I changed my Microsoft Live password, but it hasn't updated on my login screen. As far as I can tell, OphCrack doesn't work on Windows 10, though I'm downloading it anyway. I'm currently running and typing using a thumb-drive with a build of Linux with gparted on it, but this isn't going to work as a solution.

So, does anybody have any ideas on how I can either crack my password or mess with my video settings that may enable me to log in and address the issue from within Windows?

Please let me know if anything requires clarification. I'll do my best to answer anything.

Basic Stats:

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit

dual-core Core i5

8 gb DDR3

Switchable Graphics, ATI Radeon 6300M/Intel crap

Lots of Optimism

-Michael

:)

blargyman, Dec 8, 2015

2. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error after Windows 10 Update

I can't access my computer in the regular mode because it blue screens as soon as it starts up after I log in. So I went into safe mode and uninstalled the video driver but can't install the new one because internet isn't available on safe mode. But after
    I uninstalled the driver I tried to start windows again but as soon as windows starts to load after logging in, the computer goes to the same blue screen.

Cody Farrey, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Unable to log in in safe mode

Hi Pierre,

Are you still able to login to your account even when not in Safe mode? Please also inform us of the issue you're experiencing with your graphic drivers as we can assist you with the issue.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Ian Ser, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

Video drivers busted, unable to log in or access Safe Mode

1. Video drivers busted, unable to log in or access Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Video drivers busted

2. Can't log in stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in stuck in safe mode: I entered safe mode to to delete some files but once I was done I shut down my pc, I have been using a pin to access my pc for some time now so I don't remember my original password and, when I started my pc I can't log in with my pin. The passwords I have tried are all wrong...
  3. Updating drivers in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating drivers in safe mode: Hello, I've been appealing to the Microsoft Community to ask you to believe that if I can update my Safe Mode drivers. I mention that I went into the safe mode in computer mode last night in the device manager section and I have some yellow drivers. How can I fix it to make...
  4. Safe Mode Log In not possible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode Log In not possible: Dear Community, I have a problem with logging in, while in safe mode. The OS is Windows 10, on a Dell XPS 15. I switched to safe mode, because I wanted to change something in the UEFI. When I restarted the PC (after switching to safe mode, before changing anything in...
  5. Went to Safe Mode. Password is incorrect. unable to Log-in. Please HELP

Went to Safe Mode. Password is incorrect. unable to Log-in. Please HELP: To clean uninstall the graphics driver {AMD RADEON} I used their Clean Up Utility to enter SAFE MODE In the safe mode it asked password and not PIN . I typed my own password only. But it says incorrect. I tried changing password and then the Safe Mode with Networking via...
  6. Unable to login in safe mode

Unable to login in safe mode: Hello, I entered safe mode to check some issue with my system however in spite of entering correct password (which is same as my Microsoft account password) the login screen shows incorrect password. I have tried safe mode with networking and my system is connected to...
  7. Preventing Access to Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preventing Access to Safe Mode: Problem: K9 Web Protection software is disabled when loading in Safe Mode, allowing unfettered access to the internet in Safe Mode. Tried: Installing K9 both normally, and in Safe Mode (appeared that future loading in Safe Mode removed the k9 installation). Manually added...
  8. Display Driver / Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Driver / Safe Mode: My display driver gave out - I get a black screen now after windows 10 loads (can see stuff on screen up to the window's loading screen). So, in the past, this is easy to fix. Boot windows into Safe mode and uninstall the driver then reinstall the driver or the previous...
  9. In Safe Mode Diagnostics - No Log On Appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    In Safe Mode Diagnostics - No Log On Appearing: Hi This is a brand new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I ran into the issue that seems common of "Critical Error - Start Menu ...." So I have tried various fixes gleaned from forums like this, and had decided to try safe mode with diagnostics, but now I can't...
  10. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...