Windows 10: Video drivers busted, unable to log in or access Safe Mode

Discus and support Video drivers busted, unable to log in or access Safe Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello World, I've run into a bit of a conundrum that I was hoping this group might be able to help me out with. Here's a "brief" synapse of what's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blargyman, Dec 8, 2015.

1. blargyman Win User

Video drivers busted, unable to log in or access Safe Mode

Hello World,

I've run into a bit of a conundrum that I was hoping this group might be able to help me out with. Here's a "brief" synapse of what's going on.

I was having video issues, unable to run Sims 3 on my Windows 10 laptop (upgraded from Win 7) following a game update (thanks EA, you're breaking my daughter's heart). I tried a few things, and finally got it working after I downloaded AMD's new Crimson platform and drivers for my graphics card. Unfortunately, suddenly Andy (Android Emulator) stopped working, which is where my son plays Boom Beach with me. So I went back and forth, trying to restore the original drivers, which was a little extra tricky since my laptop has switchable graphics between the AMD Radeon 6300M and the not-so-stellar Intel chip-set. I finally seemed to have everything (mostly) working, and reset my computer to clear up any little issues.

My computer booted up through the splash screen, but instead of the login screen, all I get now is a black screen that occasionally flickers blue. The mouse cursor is generally visible and movable, but I have no other indication that anything is progressing.

I tried to boot into safe mode (which in itself seems to be stupidly-hard), but it asks me for my password to log in to my account. I have been using my Windows 10 Pin to log in since I installed it, and my fingerprint scanner to log in prior to that for about two years. So I have no idea what my password is, and my usual go-tos didn't work. I changed my Microsoft Live password, but it hasn't updated on my login screen. As far as I can tell, OphCrack doesn't work on Windows 10, though I'm downloading it anyway. I'm currently running and typing using a thumb-drive with a build of Linux with gparted on it, but this isn't going to work as a solution.

So, does anybody have any ideas on how I can either crack my password or mess with my video settings that may enable me to log in and address the issue from within Windows?

Please let me know if anything requires clarification. I'll do my best to answer anything.

Basic Stats:

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit

dual-core Core i5

8 gb DDR3

Switchable Graphics, ATI Radeon 6300M/Intel crap

Lots of Optimism

-Michael

:)

blargyman, Dec 8, 2015

2. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER Error after Windows 10 Update

I can't access my computer in the regular mode because it blue screens as soon as it starts up after I log in. So I went into safe mode and uninstalled the video driver but can't install the new one because internet isn't available on safe mode. But after
    I uninstalled the driver I tried to start windows again but as soon as windows starts to load after logging in, the computer goes to the same blue screen.

Cody Farrey, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Unable to log in in safe mode

Hi Pierre,

Are you still able to login to your account even when not in Safe mode? Please also inform us of the issue you're experiencing with your graphic drivers as we can assist you with the issue.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Ian Ser, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

Video drivers busted, unable to log in or access Safe Mode

1. Video drivers busted, unable to log in or access Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Video drivers busted

2. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my computer will not start in a normal mode. Thereafter,...
  3. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my compuer will not start in a safe mode. After few days,...
  4. Unable to log in normal & safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log in normal & safe mode: I have a Dell Inspiron Computer 7777. It was connected to a Canon printer Pixma MG 2520. Initially the problem started -desktop will not recognize the printer Although I could scan. Canon installed updated driver. Now, my compuer will not start in a safe mode. After few days,...
  5. Unable to log in, safe mode doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in, safe mode doesn’t work: I have a three month old Dell XPS. I am unable to log in to the computer because it says the camera isnt working and “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” I’ve also gotten an error message from explorer.exe saying “the system...
  6. Unable to log in, safe mode doesn’t work

Unable to log in, safe mode doesn’t work: I have a three month old Dell XPS. I am unable to log in to the computer because it says the camera isnt working and “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” I’ve also gotten an error message from explorer.exe saying “the system...
  7. Unable to log in/ change password/ enter safe mode /access admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log in/ change password/ enter safe mode /access admin: Hi, I forgot my local account password for my PC and am unable to sign in. I tried entering safe mode with command prompt but I just get send back to the login screen after hitting “6” or “f6”. I tried “reset PC” and many other troubleshooting methods present on the screen...
  8. Unable to log in/ change password/ enter safe mode /access admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in/ change password/ enter safe mode /access admin: Hi, I forgot my local account password for my PC and am unable to sign in. I tried entering safe mode with command prompt but I just get send back to the login screen after hitting “6” or “f6”. I tried “reset PC” and many other troubleshooting methods present on the screen...
  9. Unable to log in/ change password/ enter safe mode /access admin

10. No video in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    No video in safe mode: When I try to restart my pc in safe mode everything goes as it should until after I press the number "4", then the screens go black for a second, then a trapezoidal Windows logo but with no rotating dots appears for about 20 seconds, then both screens go black again, and my...