Windows 10: VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR - ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro

Discus and support VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR - ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi. New here and new to Windows 10. Trying to install 10 on an old machine. Working great except for the video drivers. Been looking around and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Boulder, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Boulder Win User

VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR - ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro

Hi. New here and new to Windows 10. Trying to install 10 on an old machine. Working great except for the video drivers. Been looking around and found this forum but nothing specific to my error, hence the thread.

Windows is installing 8.970.100.9001 (13/01/2015) of the ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro driver but when it boots (before logon) it crashes with "we have run into a problem" VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR . I can go into safe mode, delete the driver and boot back up, in which case it will reinstall the driver and works fine UNTIL I play a video or something video intensive which gives the same error. I can install the basic video driver which works but it does not have the correct resolution (1366x768 or something like that) and the refresh rate make it unpleasant.

I appreciate it is an old machine so I don't really want to get a new graphics card but would be great to get it working until I get a new computer. I'm just wondering if this is a known error or if anyone knows a quick fix etc etc. It is an MSI 7250 motherboard (if I got the number right) but is otherwise a home grown desktop, so no other model number.

:)

Boulder, Jan 2, 2018
  2. Louie Del Win User

VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR with ATI Radeon HD 3450 display adapters

Hi Becky,

The error that you’ve encountered can be due malware infection, incompatible or outdated device driver or conflict has occurred. Regarding this, I’d suggest that you
    conduct a malware scan first to ensure that your PC isn’t infected with malware or virus.

Also, try to repair corrupted Windows System files that can cause the issue with the blue screen. Here are the steps:

• Type Command Prompt in the Search
      box from Start.
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the spaces before each "/").
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Let me know the result.

Louie Del, Jan 2, 2018
  3. VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR with ATI Radeon HD 3450 display adapters

I get a VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR after a clean Windows 10 install on a Dell OptiPlex 980 with two ATI Radeon HD 3450 display adapters. The systems continuously reboots to the blue screen error but I am able to start it in safe mode and/or safe mode with
    networking. What should I do?

When I right click on the update driver in device manager, it tells me the correct driver is installed for the video cards. I do seem to have the option of installing a "windows standard driver", but didn't try that. Should I?

I tried the Dell website for drivers, and found a driver for WXP updated in 2014, version 8.68WHQL, the same as release R252160. It says "this release is for DUP only, it does not contain with normal driver, for
    normal driver please use R252160". DUP appears to be relative to Windows? What does this mean and should I try installing this driver?

BeckyVincent, Jan 2, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

1) Please update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

2) Open the website for the computer's drivers > post the URL's or hyperlink's into the thread

3) Run this log collector and post a zip into the thread for troubleshooting:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

zbook, Jan 2, 2018
Thema:

1. VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR - ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro - Similar Threads - VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL

2. Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error: Dear Sir/Ma'am, I was playing Overwatch 2 and streaming it on discord using my Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6. I got the BSOD for VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERRORI have put my minidump files and my error logs from the event viewer in the google drive folder...
  3. Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error

Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error: Hi, I have received the blue screen consistently when playing a game. even when just entering the game. I am unable to share the dump file - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsKbQ2TEZKPRgVVdvoUmD8zr700q?e=I7J5No...
  4. Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error: hello I have a problemI just got a blue screen and the stop code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when I entered the game.my laptop is ASUS Tuf Gaming FX506HCB. I checked in MyAsus about BSOD but it doesn't help me.please help me....
  5. Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error

Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error: hello I have a problemI just got a blue screen and the stop code is VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR when I entered the game.my laptop is ASUS Tuf Gaming FX506HCB. I checked in MyAsus about BSOD but it doesn't help me.please help me....
  6. VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR

VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR: I am using acer aspire 7 with integrated graphic card and dedicated nvidia 1650 4gb graphics card. First I started getting VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR and windows restarts, but after this restart nvidia graphics card is not showing or disabled, non of the nvidia software runs...
  7. VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR: I am using acer nitro5 with integrated graphic card and dedicated nvidia 1650 4gb graphics card. First i started getting VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR and windows restart s, but after this restart nvidia graphics card is not showing or disabled, non of the nvidia software runs...
  8. VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR: I am using acer nitro5 with integrated graphic card and dedicated nvidia 1650 4gb graphics card. First i started getting VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR and windows restart s, but after this restart nvidia graphics card is not showing or disabled, non of the nvidia software runs...
  9. VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR

VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR: I am using acer aspire 7 with integrated graphic card and dedicated nvidia 1650 4gb graphics card. First i started getting VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR and windows restart s, but after this restart nvidia graphics card is not showing or disabled, non of the nvidia software runs...
  10. Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video DXGKRNL Fatal Error: Hi i just bought Asus TUF F15 FX506H-MHN103T, is a brand new laptop. So far i only install autocad and revit for my classes. It happend multiply time today already. Anyone know how to fix it?...