Windows 10: Video Editing in Photos App and Movie-Maker Keeps Crashing

Discus and support Video Editing in Photos App and Movie-Maker Keeps Crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I create and edit videos for work and have always used Movie Maker until recently when it kept freezing on me. I moved over to the video editing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LifelongPCUser, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Video Editing in Photos App and Movie-Maker Keeps Crashing

Hello! I create and edit videos for work and have always used Movie Maker until recently when it kept freezing on me. I moved over to the video editing tool on the Photos app, which worked for a moment, but now after having spent hours on one project, it crashes almost immediately and won't allow me to export the video. I've troubleshooted all of the possible solutions going around, including updating Windows, terminating the app, repairing, and resetting. Any idea why this could be happening? And if it's a common issue with the apps itself, is there a way to upload the PROJECT into another app so I can work on it there? I use Windows 10 and though my laptop is old 6 years.. eek!, it has never given me any major issues until now. Could this be part of the problem?

:)

LifelongPCUser, Apr 11, 2020

2. Editing with Movie maker

Hi Kamath,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will help you with this.

I would suggest you to try to edit one more video to check whether the problem with Movie maker or video itself.

Let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Apr 11, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows Movie Maker

Hi,

To get a better grasp of your Windows Movie Maker's issue, kindly provide the following:

• The version of your Windows Movie Maker.
    • Troubleshooting steps already provided.
    In the meantime, if you have purchased or downloaded the said app from our Windows Store, I suggest that you try and run our troubleshooter by clicking this
    link.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

AndreePin, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Video Editing in Photos App and Movie-Maker Keeps Crashing

What is the most basic video editor outside of Widows Movie Maker?

Movie Maker 6.0? That must be a very old version. (edit: dates back to Vista, I have now found out.)

I use Movie Maker 2012 in Windows 10 and that seems to still be fully functional. Although you can no longer download 'Windows Essentials 2012' from Microsoft (the package which included Movie Maker), MiniTools offer a repackaged download of just Movie Maker 2012.

Welcome to use Windows Movie Maker

If you want 'basic' then why not try MIcrosoft's advice and use Windows 10's Photos app, now with video editing capabilities included.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-for-download

Thema:

Video Editing in Photos App and Movie-Maker Keeps Crashing

1. Video Editing in Photos App and Movie-Maker Keeps Crashing - Similar Threads - Video Editing Photos

2. Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO: Hello, I bought Movie Maker - Video Editor PRO today, order number 6464181728. Unfortunately something was wrong and I could not download the program. I don't want to buy it anymore. Please refund me the money. Regards, H. Chung Mr.E-mail: *** Email address is removed for...
  3. Photos App Video Maker

Photos App Video Maker: Hello, for the past few years I enjoyed using the video maker that comes with Windows 10. I would get to it by loading an image into the Photos app and then selecting "Create A Video With Music" from the dropdown menu. From there, I could make little videos for myself with...
  4. Editing a video in movie maker

Editing a video in movie maker: Hi, I am trying to trim a video in the movie maker app, but when I cut the video to where I want and save it, it just saves the whole video again. How can I cut the video into the section I want and save only that portion and delete the rest?...
  5. The app that replaced "Movie Maker" that is now in "Photos"

The app that replaced "Movie Maker" that is now in "Photos": I literally stumbled on this app, but it doesn't seem to be able to: 1. Create DVD's That are playable on a std DVD player. 2. Is on "one Drive", which I'm told is not on my computer, but in the "cloud" or somewhere else. 3. The discs that it does create, can only be...
  6. Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker)

Windows Video Editor! (Not Movie Maker): Whenever I go to open an mp4 file onto the video editor, it pops up with the following message: 'These files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them: Frappe.mov - Copy.mp4.' If someone could assist me on how to fix this problem, that'd be great!...
  7. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...
  8. Movie Maker from photos

Movie Maker from photos: I can't upload 2 songs for a picture presentation !!! When I enter the second song it always deletes the first. How can you have a longer photo show with music ? When I upload the second song it shows both songs, but when I click done it only saves one of the songs....
  9. editing in movie maker 10

editing in movie maker 10: Hello I'm trying to edit/split stills in the video I have made but can only see how to trim the beginning and end of each clip. How do I use the marker feature as it doesn't seem to change the video at all. Thanks...
  10. No Movie Maker, how do I import, edit and burn videos

in Windows 10 Support
    No Movie Maker, how do I import, edit and burn videos: OK. Movie Maker is not there BUT I can't find anything that could take it's place. The goal is to be able to import videos, edit and burn them. There is nothing in 10 that I can find. I am guessing this is why my videos from external HD backup came in WITHOUT the video and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hotos app that comes with Windows 10. The latest version of the Photos app includes the ability to create and edit videos with music text motion filters and 3D effects. Visit Microsoft Store for more video creation and editing apps.