Windows 10: Video Editor "Add Files" never completes

Discus and support Video Editor "Add Files" never completes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am attempting to use the Windows 10 Video Editor to edit MP4 video files that I have saved on my local disk. I start a new video project. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris48, May 25, 2020.

1. Chris48 Win User

Video Editor "Add Files" never completes

I am attempting to use the Windows 10 Video Editor to edit MP4 video files that I have saved on my local disk.

I start a new video project.

I then click the "+Add" button, choose "from my PC", and select an MP4 file from my disk.

Video editor then displays the message "Adding Files" with a set of moving dots underneath the message.

That "Adding files" message never goes away. I end up having to kill Video Editor either by closing the window or using Task Manager to kill it; and if I reopen it, the video isn't there.

This persists across closing/opening the app, logging off and on, and rebooting.

What do I have to do in order to get Video Editor to work?

Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

Chris48, May 25, 2020
  2. Ernie San Win User

MP3 Files Not Recognized By Windows 10 When Adding To A Video Editor

Hello,

There are a lot of possible reasons why the MP3 files unrecognizable when adding to a video editor. This may be due to limitations of supported file formats or the video editor that you are using needs to be updated. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask
    a few questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you successfully add a MP3 file to your video editor before?
    • What's the application that you are using when editing a video?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, May 25, 2020
  3. video editor

i need a step by step or tutorial on how to use the video editor

Pamela Blackstone (Hightower Elementary School), May 25, 2020
  4. Video Editor "Add Files" never completes

video editor

Hi,

With regard to your concern about video editor, we suggest that you use our Feedback Hub so that our Software Engineers and Software Developers will be able to check your feature requests. Go to
    App list > Feedback Hub.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Video Editor "Add Files" never completes

1. Video Editor "Add Files" never completes - Similar Threads - Video Editor Add

2. No "Add title card" button in Video Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No "Add title card" button in Video Editor: Hello, I'm trying to edit a video using the Windows 10 built-in video editor. I want to add a title card to my video, but the button is not present as an option in the storyboard. All the help videos and articles I have seen have a "Add title card" button in the storyboard,...
  3. No "Add title card" button in Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "Add title card" button in Video Editor: Hello, I'm trying to edit a video using the Windows 10 built-in video editor. I want to add a title card to my video, but the button is not present as an option in the storyboard. All the help videos and articles I have seen have a "Add title card" button in the storyboard,...
  4. Video Editor cant add a second mp3 file

Video Editor cant add a second mp3 file: No matter what i do i cant chain a second mp3 on the editor the start and end indicators will not expand open there is no mp3 bar, i have tried 10 different audio files none expand, tried to hit repair on the app nothing is working, windows movie maker seemed so much better...
  5. Video Editor cant add a second mp3 file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor cant add a second mp3 file: No matter what i do i cant chain a second mp3 on the editor the start and end indicators will not expand open there is no mp3 bar, i have tried 10 different audio files none expand, tried to hit repair on the app nothing is working, windows movie maker seemed so much better...
  6. Video Editor won't add videos

Video Editor won't add videos: I'm trying to import video clips and most of them just give me the error that something went wrong and they couldn't be added. No idea why. It's clearly an app issue because I tried again and got two to work but now none of the ones I'm trying will. I have already repaired...
  7. Not able to add specific video in microsoft video editor

Not able to add specific video in microsoft video editor: My problem is not able to discover a specific video while adding it in the video editor microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-add-specific-video-in-microsoft-video/796d4335-6e6d-42c5-b5cc-542b5f71615f
  8. File Compression in Video Editor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Compression in Video Editor: Hey everyone! I was using the video editor included in Windows 10 for the first time and I noticed that after editing it reduced the size of my video from 300 MB to 15 MB (Selecting the max quality which is 1080p). I'm not sure if this file compression has any effect on the...
  9. Video Editor - File is in Use

Video Editor - File is in Use: I am trying to export a 30 second long video and have continuously gotten this message: [ATTACH] No matter what I try, I cannot seem to find a solution to this. Help?...
  10. Unable to add gif file format files in Windows Video Editor.

Unable to add gif file format files in Windows Video Editor.: Hello! I've tried to make a video consisting of several gifs back-to-back in the Windows 10 Video Editor, but they are just displayed as pictures and do not move. Does the Video Editor support gifs, and if so, how do I make them move? (and if it does not support them,...