Windows 10: Video Editor not importing from .vpb file

Discus and support Video Editor not importing from .vpb file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My friend created a 2 and a half hour video in the Windows 10 Video Editor and has asked me to render it for him because I have a much more powerful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JoelSolo, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Video Editor not importing from .vpb file

My friend created a 2 and a half hour video in the Windows 10 Video Editor and has asked me to render it for him because I have a much more powerful computer. He has given me a (almost) 9GB .vpb file, which Video Editor says can be transferred between computers to continue working. I am sure my laptop is powerful enough to render the video (Ryzen 7 3750H, 1660ti and 16GB RAM, using an NVME scratch disk) but I'm having trouble importing the video. Task manager shows 2 threads on the CPU maxed, very low disk usage and only 400MB memory usage, while the import progress bar hasn't moved in over an hour.

I know Windows Video Editor isn't designed for making long films like this but the .vpb file is the only thing I have to work with, so if there's any possible way to convert it so I can open it in another program that would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

submitted by /u/JoelSolo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JoelSolo, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Taiaji Win User

Windows Video Editor

Hello. I have put together a 2 hours video and exported it using the Windows photos video editor.

It took so long exporting. After 12 hours, it came back with an error message.

I have a back-up video but it has saved as a VPB file.

1. How can i export the video?

2. How can i open the VPB file?

Thank you.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

Taiaji, Dec 19, 2020
  3. *.vpb Datei

Hi,

Please try to follow this.

Open Photos App >> Go to Video Projects >> click the 3 dots beside the "New Video Project" >> click import backup >> browse and select the .vpb file. then click open.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.

Paul Navera, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Video Editor not importing from .vpb file

MP3 Files Not Recognized By Windows 10 When Adding To A Video Editor

Hello,

There are a lot of possible reasons why the MP3 files unrecognizable when adding to a video editor. This may be due to limitations of supported file formats or the video editor that you are using needs to be updated. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask
    a few questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you successfully add a MP3 file to your video editor before?
    • What's the application that you are using when editing a video?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Video Editor not importing from .vpb file

1. Video Editor not importing from .vpb file - Similar Threads - Video Editor importing

2. Photos Legacy Import Back Up File .vpb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Legacy Import Back Up File .vpb: I am trying to import my back up project file .vpb into Photo Legacy and it is not working, the progress bar never moves forward.Is there anything that can be done to access my project?...
  3. Photos Legacy Import Back Up File .vpb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Legacy Import Back Up File .vpb: I am trying to import my back up project file .vpb into Photo Legacy and it is not working, the progress bar never moves forward.Is there anything that can be done to access my project?...
  4. Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos

Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos: Hello,I'm working in a school and we've finally moved away from the old Movie Maker, replacing it with the Video Editor app.However, when staff or students alike create a new project and want to import photos/videos "From this PC" which is the first option, so they always go...
  5. Video Editor import error FIX

Video Editor import error FIX: I tried import a backup of a video project that I started on another computer. I got an error message saying "Something went wrong, we couldn't restore this project. error code 0x80131501". Another project imported fine, so I went to the other computer, used the "Duplicate...
  6. Video Editor import error FIX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor import error FIX: I tried import a backup of a video project that I started on another computer. I got an error message saying "Something went wrong, we couldn't restore this project. error code 0x80131501". Another project imported fine, so I went to the other computer, used the "Duplicate...
  7. Windows 10 Video Editor not opening .vpb files. How do we fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Video Editor not opening .vpb files. How do we fix this?: Hi. I made a video on the built-in Video Editor on Windows 11. It worked smoothly. The video was 1 hour and 3 minutes long. I created a backup from it *.vpb. Then I transferred it to my Windows 10 PC with a USB. Once I tried to import the video backup file, the progress bar...
  8. Windows 10 Video Editor not opening .vpb files. How do we fix this?

Windows 10 Video Editor not opening .vpb files. How do we fix this?: Hi. I made a video on the built-in Video Editor on Windows 11. It worked smoothly. The video was 1 hour and 3 minutes long. I created a backup from it *.vpb. Then I transferred it to my Windows 10 PC with a USB. Once I tried to import the video backup file, the progress bar...
  9. vpb file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    vpb file: I have saved my video made on video editor to an external hard drive. It saves in a vpb file. how do you open a vpb file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpb-file/bd011520-8fcf-41a3-a645-8e72e84a25f2
  10. Photos App Video Editor unable to import any file into video projects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App Video Editor unable to import any file into video projects: In the Photo App video projects I'm unable to add anything "from this PC". Strangely I can add from "my collections" and I can use "open with" on a picture or video to edit as well. The problem is the "my collections" seems to only allow sorting by date for some intensely...