Windows 10: Video fail on all viewers post November update

Discus and support Video fail on all viewers post November update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Says it all really. Windows 10 home just updated and now no video will play in any of the viewers I have, even VLC! Same for wmv, mp4,avi My drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KeithChesworth, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Video fail on all viewers post November update

Says it all really. Windows 10 home just updated and now no video will play in any of the viewers I have, even VLC!

Same for wmv, mp4,avi

My drivers are up to date according to windows, they were updated last week!

:)

KeithChesworth, Feb 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Post November Update Installation Issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Issue: Bluetooth Device Error- Error Code 43.

I would suggest you to check if in the Device Manager, an exclamation mark in a yellow circle is displayed for the device. When you view the properties of the device.

Check Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • Check for any exclamation marks in there.
    If exclamations mark are there on any device name, try to update them by right clicking on them.

Also follow below steps.

Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • From the search list, click on troubleshooting
    • On the left pane, click on view all.
    • From the list click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting
    Issue:
    Windows Update Error- Error Code 0x8024402f &
    Windows Defender Error- Error Code 0x80240438

I would suggest you to manually reset Windows Update components.

Reset Windows update components from the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Important
    : this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the

Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Issue:Broken/Damaged Media.

After updating November update I suggest you to check if the windows is activated or not.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Video fail on all viewers post November update

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Video fail on all viewers post November update

1. Video fail on all viewers post November update - Similar Threads - Video fail viewers

2. All updates fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All updates fail: For a moment, I'm not able to perform any windows update.I succeeded to upgrade windows 10 from 21H1 to 21H2, but it doesn't fix anything.here is the log for my last attempt:2022/02/20 18:04:17.4790989 6440 6936 DataStore Service E7716731-6D9B-4E1A-889A-E93CE3E94223 removed...
  3. Windows Update now fails for ALL posted Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update now fails for ALL posted Updates: Starting late last week, or early this week, all updates in Windows Update are now failing for all machines that I manage, be they corporate boxes, or my personal desktops and laptops. The error posted suggests a .Net Framework corruption according to Microsoft Web lookups....
  4. Fail to Update Windows 10 November 2019

Fail to Update Windows 10 November 2019: This came out while I was updating [ATTACH] I already followed the instructions in the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4529832/updating-to-windows-10-version-1903-on-devices-with-some-driver-versio and realised that my computer is using Qualcomm Atheros...
  5. Image and Video viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image and Video viewer: Hello everyone. I'm new to Windows 10. My job requires me to work with images and videos, and i find Win10's interface to be quite inconvenient. I'm not sure if this is a technical question so if it is, please tell me and i will delete it immediately. Thank you. For images:...
  6. Failed to install windows 10 november update

Failed to install windows 10 november update: Hello, I've tried literally every solution posted, but I can't get my windows 10 updated to the November release. After trying for more than seven times now, I hope someone can help me in finding a solution for this problem. Below a screenshot of the error I receive. This...
  7. November Update

November Update: Someone at Microsoft isn't thinking very well. I had my logon set up the way I wanted it and the November update blew that up. Let's use our heads guys and don't mess with user settings you ARE NOT asked to mess with. OK?...
  8. Postings in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Postings in Event Viewer: I have been dealing with the blue screen stating: Stop code Watchdog Violation. Sometimes every five minutes and sometimes not for a whole day. This lead me to Event Viewer thinking I might find some info there. Not a chance! Only leads to more questions. I see that...
  9. Post a Youtube video

in Windows 10 Support
    Post a Youtube video: Hi Everyone, This is probably a silly question, but I was wondering if someone could tell me how to post a youtube video on the forum.*Smile 119921
  10. November update (1511) not arriving (UPDATE: Fails to install)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    November update (1511) not arriving (UPDATE: Fails to install): Hello, This computer specifically is the only one in my house which is not receiving the November update (Threshold 2 or version 1511, whatever you want to call it) When checking for updates in Windows Update, it always says it's up to date. Any reason why this...