Windows 10: Video feed from Integrated Camera on HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 stopped working...

Discus and support Video feed from Integrated Camera on HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 stopped working... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC with Windows 10 Home 64bit, Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134. I've recently received a Windows Update (April or May... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Barone, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Video feed from Integrated Camera on HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 stopped working...

I have an HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC with Windows 10 Home 64bit, Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134.

I've recently received a Windows Update (April or May 2018) which has stopped my integrated webcam from functioning. Specifically, I receive no real-time video feed when I launch Microsoft Camera, Skype, or YouCam6. All I receive is a blank screen where I should see myself in real-time whilst sitting in front of the screen/integrated camera of the laptop. However, I do note the white LED located just left of the integrated camera does light up whenever these applications are launched.

I have uninstalled/ Installed the Camera Driver > HP TrueVision HD. But upon further inspection, I find the driver installed is usbvideo.inf_amd64_4bab48f1b169c4b9 for Device Instance ID USB\VID_064E&PID_9301&MI_00\6&A1A3A63&0&0000 with the following status: 0x0. Moreover, the driver version is, 10.0.17134.1, and driver date is 21/06/2006 from Microsoft, and it appears to be a generic Microsoft driver and an AMD chipset driver, at that. My HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 comprises Intel chipsets and NOT AMD.

Further, I found https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4090913. It indicates a fix for "USB devices may stop working after installing the Feb 13, 2018 update (KB4074588).

Symptoms

After installing the February 13, 2018 security update, KB4074588 (OS Build 16299.248), some USB devices and onboard devices, such as a built-in laptop camera, keyboard or mouse, may stop working for some users.

Cause

This issue occurs in the unlikely event, due to a race condition, that the Windows Update servicing stack incorrectly skips installing the newer version of some critical drivers in the cumulative update and uninstalls the currently active drivers during maintenance.

So, I decided to install the following, to no avail.

2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x86-based Systems (KB4090913)

Surely, I'm not the only one with a dysfunctional integrated camera after a Microsoft Windows Update. Trust me, I have run diagnostics with Microsoft Support (via remote desktop support), and with HP Support.

None of these channels is able to identify the issue/root cause and provide a working solution.

I would really appreciate Microsoft's (or anyone else who has diagnosed and fixed this issue) help to resolve this issue as soon as possible, please.

Regards

John

:)

John Barone, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Linney Win User

Using windows 10 on an HP ENVY 17 notebook computer j092nr

What do you mean by "buttons on the top row "? Is this hardware buttons on a Monitor, or a visual display on a desktop screen with clickable buttons?

Is it similar to this problem from a Windows 8 machine?

Screen is dim, brightness control does not work.

Screen is dim, brightness control does not work.

Does your machine have any Slider for adjusting brightness? I know my Toshiba Laptop does in Windows 10 Power Settings.

Video feed from Integrated Camera on HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 stopped working... 5d974222-df51-4e3d-bd3a-65b0469c50cc.jpg

Here are some links which you might find useful in preparing your machine to run Windows 10.

Software and driver results for: HP ENVY 17-j092nr Notebook PC

HP ENVY 17-j092nr Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Solution and Update Finder

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-17-Notebook-PC-series/5354973/model/5388087/solutions

HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) | HP® Customer Support

Can my computer run Windows 10? Run Device & App Compatibility Tool

Can my computer run Windows 10?

How to manually run Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser

How to manually run Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser

HP Support Forums

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/

Linney, Aug 19, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    HP Redefines the Premium Notebook PC with ENVY

HP today redefines the premium notebook PC experience with the introduction of the HP ENVY sub-brand, which offers customers precision-crafted, high-performance models featuring HP Metal Etching and concierge service and support.

The new HP ENVY 13 boasts the brightest display in its class, and the HP ENVY 15 is the company’s fastest consumer notebook PC ever.

“HP ENVY includes the latest in materials and technology inside and out and pushes the technological and performance boundaries of what can be done in sleek, powerful and lightweight notebook PCs,” said Ted Clark, senior vice president and general manager, Notebook Global Business Unit, Personal Systems Group, HP. “Discerning consumers will get a premium experience and performance.”

Video feed from Integrated Camera on HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 stopped working... 4a_thm.jpg

Video feed from Integrated Camera on HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 stopped working... 4b_thm.jpg

Video feed from Integrated Camera on HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 stopped working... 4c_thm.jpg

With HP ENVY, the focus is on designing an entire premium experience to satisfy the most demanding customers – from the products to the packaging to the service and support.

Breakthrough HP Metal Etching on the lid and palmrest of the ENVY 15, and on the palmrest of the ENVY 13, subtly signals luxury. The combination of materials provides exceptional mobility and a compelling metal look and feel, while using energy-responsible manufacturing methods.

The HP ENVY line – building upon the Voodoo ENVY legacy – includes leading-edge components optimized to yield power and performance. To offer consumers the best audio experience available on a notebook PC, HP partnered with Beats by Dr. Dre to develop a unique, high-performance audio software solution. Available exclusively on the HP Envy, Beats Audio offers users playing music or audio through headphones or external speakers the optimal sound experience – the way the artist intended it.

The lightweight heavyweight: ENVY 13

The ENVY 13 balances style and substance. Carefully crafted details inside and out will satisfy the cravings of demanding mobile customers.

The HP Radiance display is twice as bright as other notebook displays in its class – 410 nit (a measurement of display brightness) – and provides an exceptional movie and photo experience, even in high ambient light conditions. With 82 percent color gamut (versus standard 45-60 percent), photos appear richer with amazing color depth. Additionally, with fast 8-millisecond response time, customers can view movies with TV-like performance.

The ENVY 13’s strong performance is delivered in a small frame – less than an inch thin and weighing 3.74 pounds. The exterior’s aluminum and magnesium construction provides durability in a sleek design. An etched-metal palmrest further sets the PC apart from others, and a VGA webcam optimized for low light also is included.

HP placed the same focus on design into its optional Slim Fit Extended-Life Notebook Battery. Taking the form of a “slice,” it preserves the sleek look of the ENVY 13 while giving users up to 18 hours of battery life with the extended-life battery.(2) The standard battery is user-replaceable.

ATI Switchable Graphics technology dynamically switches between ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 discrete graphics and the Intel integrated graphics processor for either high-powered graphics processing or low power consumption for long battery life without booting the notebook. The Intel Core 2 Duo processor provides the power of dual processor cores while delivering extended battery life when the notebook is unplugged.

Designed with the most demanding mobile user in mind, the ENVY 13 notebook’s premium AC adapter is small and light. It draws minimal power, has built-in surge protection and includes a rubberized strap that keeps the cables organized and the adapter from slipping off a slick surface. An optional HP USB Ethernet Adapter also is available.

The performance powerhouse: ENVY 15

This lean, mean, dream machine is HP’s fastest consumer notebook. The full metal case features a sleek, subtly crafted, laser-etched metal design on the lid that is repeated on the palmrest. The magnesium alloy casing provides lightweight durability in a 1-inch thin, 5.18-pound package.

Customers have maximum speed and mobility with the future Intel Core i7 processor and up to 16 gigabytes (GB) of DDR3 1,066-MHz system memory in four SODIMM memory slots. Versatile storage options include the ability to add two solid-state drives in a RAID-0 configuration to improve the overall speed of the ENVY 15 while providing excellent disk performance. Creative users will appreciate the ENVY 15 notebook’s performance and full versions of Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 and Corel VideoStudio Pro X2 for creating photo and video content.

Power users and gamers can take advantage of premium graphics performance via ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4830 graphics with 1 GB of dedicated video memory for visually intense applications, DirectX 10.1 games and high-definition video playback.

A choice of two 15.6-inch HP Brightview high-resolution LED backlit displays, including the Full High Definition LED HP Ultra BrightView Widescreen Display with up to 300-nits brightness, provides a superb display experience for a notebook in this class. A Nightvision VGA webcam that is optimized for low-light or zero-light conditions is standard on the HP ENVY 15, incorporating an infrared LED that assists the webcam by providing the necessary illumination in dark environments.

The ENVY 15 has an optional Slim Fit Extended-Life Notebook Battery, giving users up to seven hours of battery life.

Video feed from Integrated Camera on HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 stopped working... 4d_thm.jpg

Video feed from Integrated Camera on HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 stopped working... 4e_thm.jpg

Pricing and availability
    The HP ENVY 13 and ENVY 15 are expected to be available in the United States on Oct. 18 with a starting price of $1,699 and $1,799, respectively.

Source: HP

btarunr, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Video feed from Integrated Camera on HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 stopped working...

touchscreen of the HP ENVY TS NOTEBOOK became unresponsive after one of the windows 10 update

The touchscreen of my HP ENVY TS NOTEBOOK became unresponsive after one of the windows 10 update, after doing all possible attempts and search on both Microsoft and HP support and diagnostics I came to recognize that the touchscreen driver or the touchscreen
    setting is not available. thanks

Dr OmarAmireh, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Video feed from Integrated Camera on HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 stopped working...

1. Video feed from Integrated Camera on HP ENVY TS 17 Notebook PC - Windows 10 stopped working... - Similar Threads - Video feed Integrated

2. HP Notebook-17-by1033dx

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Notebook-17-by1033dx: This laptop was originally Windows 10, Microsoft sent an update to Windows 10. Now it is windows 11. However when I go to the drivers menu, it doesn't mention windows 11. Do I need to do something to change touchpad gestures. It doesnt have a synaptic driver installed. Is...
  3. HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop - full functionality of touchscreen lost.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop - full functionality of touchscreen lost.: In the past month the functionality of my touchscreen has become very basic on my HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop. How can I get the full functionality of the touchscreen back? The touchscreen is working as I can touch the screen to move the mouse and select an item but all...
  4. HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop - full functionality of touchscreen lost.

HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop - full functionality of touchscreen lost.: In the past month the functionality of my touchscreen has become very basic on my HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop. How can I get the full functionality of the touchscreen back? The touchscreen is working as I can touch the screen to move the mouse and select an item but all...
  5. HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC laptop - full functionality of touchscreen lost.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Integrated camera turns into Pc camera and stops working

Integrated camera turns into Pc camera and stops working: Hello everyone, I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with Windows 10. In the last month, the integrated camera has stopped working well. I had problems for the first time during a call on Zoom: after a few minutes of calling, my video started "flashing" until it went black. Checking...
  7. Integrated camera turns into Pc camera and stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated camera turns into Pc camera and stops working: Hello everyone, I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with Windows 10. In the last month, the integrated camera has stopped working well. I had problems for the first time during a call on Zoom: after a few minutes of calling, my video started "flashing" until it went black. Checking...
  8. Integrated camera turns into Pc camera and stops working

9. HP Envy Windows 10 video camera

HP Envy Windows 10 video camera: Am trying to do Messenger video chat and keep getting an error. Also tried doing a chat here with me Dr and it just wont do any ind of video chats! I"ve watched the youtube videos and googled and nothing works....
  10. Camera not working on hp Envy

Camera not working on hp Envy: I am not able to use my camera. I have searched for it and it just says it can't be found. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-on-hp-envy/faf7209e-2673-473c-9200-388843cdc836

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usbvideo.inf_amd64_4bab48f1b169c4b9

2. what is this usbvideo.inf_amd64_4bab48f1b169c4b9