Windows 10: Video file framerate trouble

Discus and support Video file framerate trouble in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a .mpg file from a ION VCR 2 PC. When I look at the properties of the file, it says the framerate is 29.97fps. However, when I play the file in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LPlamondon, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Video file framerate trouble

I have a .mpg file from a ION VCR 2 PC. When I look at the properties of the file, it says the framerate is 29.97fps. However, when I play the file in Media Player Classic, and only in that particular app, the video plays fluidly and you can clearly see it plays in 60fps. Why is this happening and how can I have the computer recognize the correct framerate so I can use the video in 60fps in different apps like a video editing app?

Thanks.

***moved on english forum***

:)

LPlamondon, Aug 31, 2019

2. Trying to boost framerate of a video and MEgui isn't working properly.

I am trying to double the framerate using interpolation to make a video look nice and smooth, and I am following this guide: (Convert videos to 60fps (Updated 21 May 2015) | Spirton).

I have found a few errors along the way however. The first being that when I try to update MEgui, when it reboots it says cannot run updater.

The second problem is that when I download MKV Toolkit and try to run the file listed in the guide (mkvmerge GUI), it is not on my computer, the file in that location is called MKVToolNix GUI.

The third and the major problem (as it is the one that I can't get past) is that when I try to add a video file to MEgui (step 9), MEgui shows an error when trying to open the file. The error can be seen (https://imgur.com/a/24obM7N) (it's the first picture),
    and then after clicking okay on that error there is nothing in the input file box, and after a while MEgui will crash (error is picture 2 (https://imgur.com/a/24obM7N)).

I am not sure how to fix this, it is frustrating. Does anybody know how to fix this?

P.S. I am on Windows 10.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

EthanGascoigne, Aug 31, 2019
  3. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Video file framerate trouble

Trouble playing videos after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

Please share the following details:

• Do you face the same issue while playing the saved videos?

• What happens when you try to play videos?

• Is this issue confined to any specific video file or with all the video files?

• What is the file format of the Video file?

• Have you tried playing videos using Internet Explorer?
    If not, try to play using Internet Explorer and check for the issue.

I suggest you to try the below methods:

Method 1: Run the Video Playback troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Video Playback.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: I suggest you to delete browsing history, cookies and cached and check.

• Open Microsoft edge and click on () button.
    • Go to settings and click on Choose what to clear
      tab under clear browsing data.
    • And clear browsing history, cached and cookies.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the required information to help you further. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Video file framerate trouble

1. Video file framerate trouble - Similar Threads - Video file framerate

2. Bitrate and Framerate for .TS files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitrate and Framerate for .TS files in File Explorer: Need to load video metadata like bitrate and framerate for .ts files into a spreadsheet. Utilities like MediaInfo don't work for the .ts filertype. But FileExplorer does show bitrate and framerate. What metadata attributes does File Explorer show for .ts files? Can any...
  3. Bitrate and Framerate for .TS files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitrate and Framerate for .TS files in File Explorer: Need to load video metadata like bitrate and framerate for .ts files into a spreadsheet. Utilities like MediaInfo don't work for the .ts filertype. But FileExplorer does show bitrate and framerate. What metadata attributes does File Explorer show for .ts files? Can any...
  4. Bitrate and Framerate for .TS files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trimmed video doesn't save at correct framerate

Trimmed video doesn't save at correct framerate: When trimming a video on either the Photos or Movies & TV apps, the new video doesn't preserve the framerate of the original video; it seems to go down to 30 fps. The Photos app would be really great for trimming short video game clips usually at 60fps or greater without...
  6. Video? troubles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video? troubles: I'm not quite sure what to look up I just know my problem couldn't be that complicated. New laptop and works great. The only problem is that in 'videos' just not youtube like online classes or some games like league of legends or diablo3, the video freezes and nothing...
  7. Windows Video Editor / Photos App with extremely low framerate?

Windows Video Editor / Photos App with extremely low framerate?: Currently I'm editing some videos with the new, built-in Windows Video Editor. The framerate seems very low, both in the preview and also in the finished video. I'm using raw material shot using my iPhone XS, and I am not doing anything in particular. For now, I'll be...
  8. Trouble playing video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble playing video: So I uploaded a video from my phone samsung galaxy s9, and the screen is black, and only the audio plays. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-playing-video/e4270309-d5e3-4baf-baa4-1aebaadb602f"
  9. Trouble with Video Editing software

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble with Video Editing software: I'm coming to the end of my rope here. Win8.1 32bit OS. My audio/video editing needs are relatively simple, yet I only seem to find programs which are insultingly simplistic and don't offer the functions I need; needlessly overly complicated, or they do not work just right...
  10. Having trouble with video playback

in Windows 10 Support
    Having trouble with video playback: I have been working on windows since 3.1 and win 10 is definitely the glitchiest. I have a coupe of problems. First: I have trouble playing videos on certain sites. The one where I have the biggest problem is TMZ but that is not the only site. Videos on youtube are fine....