Windows 10: Video Files Start Playing Automatically When Mouse Cursor Scrolls Over In Windows Explorer

Discus and support Video Files Start Playing Automatically When Mouse Cursor Scrolls Over In Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wish to stop my system from automatically starting to play video files in a small windows when my mouse cursor scrolls over them in windows explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul McKenzie 1968, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Video Files Start Playing Automatically When Mouse Cursor Scrolls Over In Windows Explorer

I wish to stop my system from automatically starting to play video files in a small windows when my mouse cursor scrolls over them in windows explorer. I am using Windows 10, i think this is just a setting, but i can't seem to find it, any help will be appreciated, thanks...

:)

Paul McKenzie 1968, Apr 10, 2021
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Apr 10, 2021
  3. MarkFord2 Win User
    File explorer keeps auto scrolling to the top when I hover the mouse over it.

Since I installed the latest windows 10 update, every time I scroll the mouse down in windows explorer (left file structure) it automatically starts to scroll back to the top of the file list. This means I cant select any folders down the tree.

MarkFord2, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Video Files Start Playing Automatically When Mouse Cursor Scrolls Over In Windows Explorer

Scroll Problems with File Explorer in Window 10

I have a new install of Windows 10 in an Acer laptop. A new problem cropped up that didn't exist with Windows 8 or 8.1. I cannot scroll down a file list in File Explorer without the cursor popping back to the top of the list. As soon as I stop scrolling
    in any list, be it Downloads, Documents, or even in the Picture files, the file view will jump back to the top of the page. This makes selecting a file near impossible.

I am using a Microsoft wireless mouse, but get the same results when using the on board scroll pad, or even just the down arrow key. I have tried the fixes listed in the data base that were suggested for other versions of Windows, like Windows 7 and Vista,
    but neither fix has solved the problem.

There has to be an existing bug in W 10 that was never quite resolved in previous versions. I am running a 64 bit version of Windows 10 Home version.

HELP!

MartyW9300, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Video Files Start Playing Automatically When Mouse Cursor Scrolls Over In Windows Explorer

1. Video Files Start Playing Automatically When Mouse Cursor Scrolls Over In Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Video Files Start

2. How to make windows photos app to play video automatically when scrolled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make windows photos app to play video automatically when scrolled: I'm enjoying the feature plays video automatically when viewing entire photos in folder, clicking to view next photos / videos.However, when it's into windows 11, windows photo app doesn't play video automatically, though I couldn't find any settings to change.Is there any...
  3. How to make windows photos app to play video automatically when scrolled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make windows photos app to play video automatically when scrolled: I'm enjoying the feature plays video automatically when viewing entire photos in folder, clicking to view next photos / videos.However, when it's into windows 11, windows photo app doesn't play video automatically, though I couldn't find any settings to change.Is there any...
  4. Mouse cursor automatically scrolling up, selecting TOP LEFT CORNER and CURSOR MOVING...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor automatically scrolling up, selecting TOP LEFT CORNER and CURSOR MOVING...: Hi, i am having HP lap 15s-fq , windows 11Every time wen i am opening my system, the selection automatically goes to TOP LEFT corner. While typing CURSOR moves randomly. Tried most of the available solutions. 1.Reinstalled touch pad drivers and energy management...
  5. Mouse cursor automatically scrolling up, selecting TOP LEFT CORNER and CURSOR MOVING...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor automatically scrolling up, selecting TOP LEFT CORNER and CURSOR MOVING...: Hi, i am having HP lap 15s-fq , windows 11Every time wen i am opening my system, the selection automatically goes to TOP LEFT corner. While typing CURSOR moves randomly. Tried most of the available solutions. 1.Reinstalled touch pad drivers and energy management...
  6. File explorer scrolls automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer scrolls automatically: How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder Please fix this bug. I have followed all of the instructions to turn off automatically pick an accent color". I have chosen a color and all is static. It still jumps to the top of the file explorer screen. This is an...
  7. File explorer keeps auto scrolling to the top when I hover the mouse over it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer keeps auto scrolling to the top when I hover the mouse over it.: Since I installed the latest windows 10 update, every time I scroll the mouse down in windows explorer (left file structure) it automatically starts to scroll back to the top of the file list. This means I cant select any folders down the tree....
  8. File explorer or mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer or mouse cursor: I open File explorer and just hovering over documents,downloads,videos,... etc. will make my cursor flicker between loading selecting and pointing and i've even spam clicked not on a file but just a blank page and that has made it even worse it opened windows media player. I...
  9. Start Menu closes automatically when hover mouse over it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu closes automatically when hover mouse over it: Click on start button. Move mouse up to menu. Mouse pointer briefly turns to spinning circle. Menu closes automatically. Same problem occurs for Notification menu. Same problem occurs if you right-click the desktop, choose Personalize, Settings window opens. Hover mouse...
  10. mouse cursor hover over start menu bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse cursor hover over start menu bug: hi all, i have a new and annoying problem. whenever my mouse cursor hover over the start menu button the computer start processing (the mouse pointer get that small blue circle next to it) and then my taskbar disappear, a second later the entire screen blinks and you can only...