Windows 10: Video from remote Desktop works but No Audio inputs are available.

Discus and support Video from remote Desktop works but No Audio inputs are available. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to put together a troubleshooting device to monitor remote radio sites. I have an older laptop with windows 10 projust upgraded from home,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelDishon, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Video from remote Desktop works but No Audio inputs are available.

I am trying to put together a troubleshooting device to monitor remote radio sites. I have an older laptop with windows 10 projust upgraded from home, that I want to be able to set in a remote radio shack. I have Audacity installed and have cables built to connect my laptop to the 2 way radio so I can listen and record the audio for a later time. I have tested the cabling locally and everything seems to work properly.

But when I connect to the laptop using remote desktop, or TightVNC, the mic inputmy radio cable doesn't show up as an input. The Line-in or Mic selection window does pop up when I plug the cable in, just like it does when I am on the laptop locally. But it doesn't show up any other way, in any software or pc setting when connecting remotely. I have searched several forums and community posts that had similar issues but I haven't found any solution that wasn't backwards to my situation. People want to use a local mic to skype through their work desktop or something like that, there's an option for record local audio that allows that. I am looking for info on allowing audio inputs on the remote desktop to be used during the remote desktop session.

I purchased a webcam for the device so I could see the radio transmittingred lights and possible audio from local radio speaker, and the camera works through the Remote desktop session, but again no audio input devices are foundincluding webcam mic. If I am on the "test laptop" locally everything shows up. Is there a check box or security setting somewhere on the "test laptop" computer that I need to check to allow it's audio inputs to be used during a remote session?

This laptop will be on a LAN and not connected to the outside world at any point so I am not worried about hackers listening, but Iand others on the LAN want to listen.

:)

MichaelDishon, Apr 20, 2021

2. Remote device doesn’t detect audio input

The problem that the audio input of my laptop is not visible by the remote computer. I did troubleshooting steps such as checked settings, group policy, remote desktop services. No problem. But it remote audio device isn’t picking up input from my
    mic.

Crystal Richards1, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    What's new in Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview v10.1.847.0

The Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app is a designed to help you get your work done wherever you are. You can connect to remote Windows PCs or resources made available to you by your admin and be productive as if these resources were running locally.

Features
    • Access remote PCs running Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server
    • Access remote resources published by your IT admin
    • Connect remotely through a Remote Desktop Gateway
    • Rich multi-touch experience with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and RemoteFX supporting Windows gestures
    • Secure connection to your data and applications
    • Simple management of your connections from the connection center
    • High quality video and audio streaming
    • Connect from your phone or using Continuum for Phone

What's New in Version 847:
    • Added an extension to the on-screen keyboard with additional keys
    • Added the ability to pin desktops and remote resources to Start
    • Desktop connections are now available in the app's recent list
    • Bug fixes

Source and Download: Microsoft Remote Desktop Preview app - Windows Store

Brink, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Video from remote Desktop works but No Audio inputs are available.

Remote Desktop Update: audio stop working

Since last update (yesterday) of Remote Desktop Client app in Windows 10, the audio on remote stop working.

All were working fine until today . Today the audio icon shows a red X and the message "no audio devices are installed" appears.

Is it a known issue?

My settings in RDP client are:

Audio Playback: Play on remote

Audio Recording: Activated

PS: The audio behaviour is normal when I use the laptop directly (not via Remote Desktop).

Thanks.

CristianVS, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Video from remote Desktop works but No Audio inputs are available.

1. Video from remote Desktop works but No Audio inputs are available. - Similar Threads - Video remote Desktop

2. Remote Desktop Audio and Video Quality Assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Audio and Video Quality Assistance: Currently remoting into my laptop via a remote desktop manager where I have a WYSE DELL client as my remote support to login. My problem is that I have used up all of my "tech knowledge" to try to improve the audio and video quality, as outlined below:In the remote manager...
  3. Remote Desktop Audio and Video Quality Assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Audio and Video Quality Assistance: Currently remoting into my laptop via a remote desktop manager where I have a WYSE DELL client as my remote support to login. My problem is that I have used up all of my "tech knowledge" to try to improve the audio and video quality, as outlined below:In the remote manager...
  4. No input audio working

No input audio working: Yesterday my headphones were working fine, but when I got back on my computer today, they no longer showed any input audio and my friend couldn't hear me. I tried a different pair of headphones and my airpods but neither worked. I could still hear things but I couldn't talk....
  5. Remote Desktop Update: audio stop working

Remote Desktop Update: audio stop working: Since last update yesterday of Remote Desktop Client app in Windows 10, the audio on remote stop working. All were working fine until today . Today the audio icon shows a red X and the message "no audio devices are installed" appears. Is it a known issue? My settings in...
  6. Audio input not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio input not working: I have a Dell G3 15 3590 and audio input is not working at all. The integrated microphone isn't picking up audio. My headphones which have been tested to work on a different device aren't picking up audio. I HAVE THE LATEST DRIVERS. This is a repost since my last question...
  7. Audio Input not working

Audio Input not working: I have a Dell G3 15 3590 and audio input is not working at all. The integrated microphone isn't picking up audio. My headphones which have been tested to work on a different device aren't picking up audio. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling audio drivers. I've tried...
  8. Audio redirection not working with windows remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audio redirection not working with windows remote desktop: Hello, I'm trying to get sound redirection working through the remote desktop app. Both the remote and client PC are running windows 10 with the remote running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB. Both have working sound on their own, but not when connected via remote desktop....
  9. Available Audio Input Device

Available Audio Input Device: I have a Bluetooth headset which is paired with a PC. However, when in Settings > System > Sound it appears as an available output device but not in the input devices selection box; it is empty. To resolve the problem I have updated the driver / removed the device in Settings...
  10. Remote Desktop Video Freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Video Freezing: When accessing my home media server PC, a couple of my computers are failing to get a consistent video feed from the server. They're still connected, and the mouse and keyboard are still sending input, but the picture will just freeze at random times. I have to disconnect and...