Windows 10: Video games crash or hard lock the system

Discus and support Video games crash or hard lock the system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; New build as of January: case: Deepcool ROG Genome cpu: I7-8700K ram: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x16gb mb: Asus ROG Maximus X Hero main hhd: Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hrsyinc, Feb 27, 2018.

1. hrsyinc Win User

Video games crash or hard lock the system

New build as of January:
    case: Deepcool ROG Genome
    cpu: I7-8700K
    ram: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x16gb
    mb: Asus ROG Maximus X Hero
    main hhd: Samsung 960 PRO m.2 512gb
    game storage hdd: Mushkin Enhanced Triactor 3D 1tb
    psu: Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000W SSR_1000PD
    gpu: MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Seahawk hybrid
    monitor: 27: Acer Predator XB271HU WQHD

Computer seems to be stable other than when running video games. So far we have tried Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Final Fantasy XIV, and Rainbow Six Siege. Sometimes we can go hours and be fine, sometimes they freeze almost immediately. Sometime the computer locks and has to be reset, sometimes the game simply freezes, sometimes it crashes to desktop, occasionally the fps takes a nose dive but recovers.

It happens on stock setting and on overclocks, neither seems to make a difference. We've tried setting the graphics settings to minimum with no change. I have used DDU to remove graphics drivers and tried several different builds with no change. I ran memtest86 and no errors were found. I ran cinebench several times with no issues. I ran FurMark at max settings with no issues. I've tried a few different programs to test the health of the HHDs with no issues. I ran the FF:XIV Stormblood benchmark with no issues. I ran Time Spy on 3DMark with no issues but I did notice the score for the GPU is inconsistent, sometimes getting as low as in the 2000s.

I'm forgetting some things I've attempted I'm sure as I've tried almost everything I could find scouring the web for similar problems with solved in the title to no avail.

:)

hrsyinc, Feb 27, 2018

2. Hard locks playing games

This is a new computer so only the games that I have tried have crashes or random hard locks. I have had this problem from day one with this computer. I thought it was just with my steam games, but I tried playing world of Warcraft yesterday and I had a
    hard lock in that game as well. I have tried a clean boot before and everything was fine, but I will try it again.

kelleyboxer, Feb 27, 2018
  3. Bluescreen of death keeps crashing my Windows 10 hp envy pc

Uninstalled it, found it under video and game controllers. But sadly system is still crashing. This bsod won't go

Normal_user2018524, Feb 27, 2018
Thema:

Video games crash or hard lock the system

1. Video games crash or hard lock the system - Similar Threads - Video games crash

2. Video games crash, application crash, bluescreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video games crash, application crash, bluescreens: Hi,six months have passed since my first issue. It's time to post it!I build a completely new PC with modern hardware. See MS-Info I can use it for office without problems, I can run Cinebench for hours, Prime 95 is no problem. I can watch YouTube, but....There are two tipes...
  3. Another system freeze or Hard lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another system freeze or Hard lock: hello,So I have been having issues for months with random hard locks. Just happens out of nowhere. Please help I cant figure out what it is. I ran dism and sfc and everything was fine. I even reinstalled gpu video drivers about a week ago. There are no overclocks on the...
  4. Another system freeze or Hard lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another system freeze or Hard lock: hello,So I have been having issues for months with random hard locks. Just happens out of nowhere. Please help I cant figure out what it is. I ran dism and sfc and everything was fine. I even reinstalled gpu video drivers about a week ago. There are no overclocks on the...
  5. Windows 11 system hard locking during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 system hard locking during games: Dump file here OneDrive LinkWindow 11 ProIntel 12900KASUS Z690 HERO WIFIGSkill 32GB DDR5 5600MHzNVIDIA 3080 TiI have performed the regular troubleshooting steps, disable all overclocking, did a clean install of the video drivers but still getting issues. I ran the driver...
  6. Windows 11 system hard locking during games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 system hard locking during games: Dump file here OneDrive LinkWindow 11 ProIntel 12900KASUS Z690 HERO WIFIGSkill 32GB DDR5 5600MHzNVIDIA 3080 TiI have performed the regular troubleshooting steps, disable all overclocking, did a clean install of the video drivers but still getting issues. I ran the driver...
  7. Hard crashes when playing games. Forces reboot of system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard crashes when playing games. Forces reboot of system: Win 10 updated Ryzen 5 1600 6core updated Nvidia Geforce 1050 Ti 4 GB Updated Ran Stress tests on CPU, ROG GPU Heaven RAM Memtest, and all are good. When playing High Graphics games the system will suddenly crash and reboot. View event shows: Error:41 Error: 126...
  8. Small set of games causing a system lock up and crash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Small set of games causing a system lock up and crash.: I have been talking with Sega support for about 3 weeks now about a problem I have been having with a few of my games causing my screen to flash a color and lock up my system forcing me to do a hard reset each time. I have tried reinstalling the Steam launcher and the games...
  9. System locked external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System locked external hard drive: Hello, I locked the Pictures folder on my external hard drive using Windows (drive X for this purpose). I believe I used the Security tab on the folder and SYSTEM locked it...basically making it so that if that drive X was not connected to my PC, that folder was...
  10. Hard lock, loud noise crash while playing games.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard lock, loud noise crash while playing games.: Hello I've been experiencing the same crash repeatedly now, while playing any game(it's happened so far in Rainbow Six Siege, Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3) my screen will randomly lock up and there's always a loud EEEEEEEEEEEEE sound until I shut the PC off manually with the...