Windows 10: Video games won't launch

Discus and support Video games won't launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; 99% of video games I own, both from steam and not, which used to work just fine, suddenly won't launch. Didn't change or download anything new. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LeoZ.A, Jun 29, 2022.

1. LeoZ.A Win User

Video games won't launch

99% of video games I own, both from steam and not, which used to work just fine, suddenly won't launch. Didn't change or download anything new. If I restart the computer, I can launch them and play them just fine but if I close the game or even leave it in the background for some time it will stop responding and I will become unable to launch it again until I restart the computer. the laptop is relatively new, less than a year old I believe. Also, when I restart, it takes for ever and I have to force it to turn off or it will go on forever - this only happened once the problem with the video g

:)

LeoZ.A, Jun 29, 2022
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Jun 29, 2022
  4. Video games won't launch

Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

Video games won't launch

1. Video games won't launch - Similar Threads - Video games won't

2. certain apps video games specifically won't launch or will crash immediately, and won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    certain apps video games specifically won't launch or will crash immediately, and won't...: like the title says, certain apps, especially video games will either not launch, or will crash immediately. the apps i tried to launch are: Honkai Star Rail, Horizon Zero Dawn, Baldur's Gate 3, and Lethal Company. i have never had this problem before and my PC is rather...
  3. certain apps video games specifically won't launch or will crash immediately, and won't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    certain apps video games specifically won't launch or will crash immediately, and won't...: like the title says, certain apps, especially video games will either not launch, or will crash immediately. the apps i tried to launch are: Honkai Star Rail, Horizon Zero Dawn, Baldur's Gate 3, and Lethal Company. i have never had this problem before and my PC is rather...
  4. Video games won't launch, problems with restarting and shuting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video games won't launch, problems with restarting and shuting down: 99% of video games I own, both from steam and not, which used to work just fine, suddenly won't launch. Didn't change or download anything new. If I restart the computer, I can launch them and play them just fine but if I close the game or even leave it in the background for...
  5. Video games won't launch, problems with restarting and shuting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video games won't launch, problems with restarting and shuting down: 99% of video games I own, both from steam and not, which used to work just fine, suddenly won't launch. Didn't change or download anything new. If I restart the computer, I can launch them and play them just fine but if I close the game or even leave it in the background for...
  6. Video games won't launch, problems with restarting and shuting down

7. Video games won't launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video games won't launch: 99% of video games I own, both from steam and not, which used to work just fine, suddenly won't launch. Didn't change or download anything new. If I restart the computer, I can launch them and play them just fine but if I close the game or even leave it in the background for...
  8. Video games won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video games won't launch: 99% of video games I own, both from steam and not, which used to work just fine, suddenly won't launch. Didn't change or download anything new. If I restart the computer, I can launch them and play them just fine but if I close the game or even leave it in the background for...
  9. Game won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game won't launch: I have a game downloaded via the game pass on the Microsoft store on PC. It was working fine a few days ago, and I haven't made any new updates since then. But, now when I go to open it, it shows a loading cursor and then nothing. When I click on it again, it reads that it is...
  10. Game won't launch

Game won't launch: I have a game downloaded via the game pass on the Microsoft store on PC. It was working fine a few days ago, and I haven't made any new updates since then. But, now when I go to open it, it shows a loading cursor and then nothing. When I click on it again, it reads that it is...