Windows 10: Video import format with Photos app

Discus and support Video import format with Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I use the Windows 10 Photos app to import video from my camcorder, what file format will it use to store that import? Is the resulting file a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BillKlecka, May 20, 2019.

1. Video import format with Photos app

If I use the Windows 10 Photos app to import video from my camcorder, what file format will it use to store that import? Is the resulting file a digital format, such as WMV or MPG4, or does it save to some form of analog format? I don't want to edit the video file. I just want to import from my old Sony camcorder that wrote onto Digital8 tape cassettes.

The description for this app says that it will import from a video device via a USB connection. My camcorder has an IEEE 1394 (Firewire) output port that I can connect to an IEEE 1394 card on my desktop computer. Will the Photos app recognize this connection even though it is not USB?

:)

BillKlecka, May 20, 2019

2. Photo import procedure?

Hi Duanestory,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

1) How are you exactly trying to import the photos in Windows 10?

2) Where exactly you refer to, when you say " box that displays them has no "import" button"? Is it in Photos app/any other source?

Follow the below steps to import the photos from your phone through Photos app and check if it helps.

• Open the Start menu, type Photos in search bar results and click on Photos app from the search bar results.
    • Click on the (...) Symbol at the top right corner of the Photos app.
    • The icon next to (...) Symbol is the Import icon, Click on it.
    • Follow on screen instructions to import the photos from the connected device to your computer (Android/Windows/other device)
    Reference: I suggest you to refer the below articles and check if it helps.

Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/import-photos-videos

The above article applies to Windows 10 also.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 20, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, May 20, 2019
  4. Video import format with Photos app

importing photos and videos

Hi Ashley,

For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why you're having issues regarding
    importing videos from your phone, answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What happens when you're trying to import videos from your phone to your computer? Are you getting any error messages? If you do, a screenshot will be appreciated.
    • Does the issue only persist on specific videos, or does it persist when you're trying to import any kind of videos from your phone?
    • What are the file formats of the videos that you're trying to import?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to the requested information for us to assist you further.

Lizette Ags, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Video import format with Photos app

1. Video import format with Photos app - Similar Threads - Video import format

2. Help with iPhone videos not importing to Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with iPhone videos not importing to Photos app: Hi.I need help troubleshooting why my videos taken from my iPhone all of a sudden won't upload to the Photos app. The photos will transfer but not the videos. I had no issues for a year, and all of a sudden it doesn't. I have Windows 10, and the error message is "Something...
  3. Help with iPhone videos not importing to Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with iPhone videos not importing to Photos app: Hi.I need help troubleshooting why my videos taken from my iPhone all of a sudden won't upload to the Photos app. The photos will transfer but not the videos. I had no issues for a year, and all of a sudden it doesn't. I have Windows 10, and the error message is "Something...
  4. Photo/Video Import Application

Photo/Video Import Application: Im looking for an application that will work the way Google Picasa did for importing photos and videos from my phone to my computer. I don't want to use a web based syncing solution to run everything through the cloud. Heres what I want the application to handle. 1) Specify...
  5. Photos App Video Editor unable to import any file into video projects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App Video Editor unable to import any file into video projects: In the Photo App video projects I'm unable to add anything "from this PC". Strangely I can add from "my collections" and I can use "open with" on a picture or video to edit as well. The problem is the "my collections" seems to only allow sorting by date for some intensely...
  6. Videos not importing to Photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos not importing to Photos?: Hi guys, some help would be much appreciated with this! I somehow downloaded and recorded 60 gigs of videos on my phone and I need to keep it all but I've only got 2 gigs of storage left . I've been trying to transfer it all to my HP spectre x360 2018 (don't know if that...
  7. Importing video files from HD Into Photos App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing video files from HD Into Photos App: When trying to import a folder of 43 video files from HD into Photos only 4 of the 43 import https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-video-files-from-hd-into-photos-app/ba94bd66-186d-4cb2-828c-c93cf1504882"
  8. Photos app not importing

Photos app not importing: Ive used the photos app in the past and its worked all the time. Now whenever i try to import photos from my iphone and ipad it says “something went wrong”. It does not have an error code. i have tried changing the port that the cable is in, ive changed the cables, ive...
  9. Change duration of an imported video in Photos App

Change duration of an imported video in Photos App: Hello I've imported photos and a video into my project. The imported video, which is 9 minutes long, only displays for 2 seconds. How do I change the duration? Many thanks...
  10. Microsoft Photos app not importing video

Microsoft Photos app not importing video: Could someone please help me with the video project feature in Photos? It will allow me to import photos into my project but no video clips. I am using .file type that it purportedly accepts (.avi) and have tried others as well. I have tried to do it from a file landed on...